• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my best friends works in a corporate-owned VZW store, and as of last night at 8PM, they have no promo materials, no demo units, NOTHING but an online training video that is basically an overview of all 3 phones - Just FYI.

All my rep had gotten last night thus far is that same video with the three phones, he told me.

first time poster, been reading this site obsessively for weeks. as part of operation email bomb verizon, i switched it up and emailed the regional president for the NYC metro area. I was polite, but threatened that I was considering switching to at&t to grab the galaxy s2 sky rocket. I got a call back this morning and had a lengthy convo with the president. He said that the higher ups don't disclose to them any info on release dates, because any leaks would damage their competitive marketing strategy. He said there are internal rumors of "an imminent release" but it kinda sounded like BS. what dissapointed me even more about not getting any relevant nexus news, is unlike everyone else I couldn't squeeze him for an extra $50 bucks off my next upgrade!

OK, I really have a press conference I need to run to....ugh...can't....pull...myself....away...don't judge me

No judging from this corner - here's the start of my day in a nutshell:

Wake up, turn alarm off, open phandroid and catch up. Take shower, check phandroid, finish getting ready. Drop daughter at school, check phandroid if there is a long wait for the 'drop & run'. Get to work, punch in, open AF in browser, catch up. THEN I open my work email. :o
(and let's not forget the continuous refresh/reply/thank cycle)

Oh, and now we can add drandrew18 to my productivity killers since he feeds my addiction to this phone AND, with that accent, I could listen to him talk about just about anything and be happy.

What does that mean for US though? From my understanding it seems like tech. always releases in UK before it does in the states. The Galaxy S2 was in UK way before it released over in the US.

I hope the G-Nex doesn't follow suit.

I doubt this will affect us since VZW runs on CDMA and everyone else is GSM. However, I am very disappointed in the transparency of Samsung on this. If there is an issue, they need to be upfront about it instead of instisting there isn't a delay until the day before they are supposed to get it. That is what worries me. Maybe Verizon doesn't trust them either, and that may be whjy we haven't been given a date for release, because they just don't trust Samsung for one reason or another.

Good morning G'Nexers. Lots of catching up to do this morning, but got through it all and see nothing terribly new except the UK delay, which would suck for everyone across the pond. I don't believe that link without a source though -- can't always believe what you read on the net these days.

I tell you the truth, when the csr told me he was going into the back to look for the demo gnex, I thought I hit paydirt and I was going to have a heart attack. I'm going back to the store to ask him if he has the demo in yet. He'll show me. He's an amazing. He sits there and listens to me talk about the different android phone, the pluses and minuses, the strengths and weaknesses. Great guy.

What store is this? I might have to just go there to buy my phone if this guy is that good.

Hey Andrew, I have a question for you that I have not been able to get an answer on before.

Does the dialer offer T9-style dialing, or do you have to scroll through contacts as on previous vanilla Android devices?

Thanks for all the videos!

first time poster, been reading this site obsessively for weeks. as part of operation email bomb verizon, i switched it up and emailed the regional president for the NYC metro area. I was polite, but threatened that I was considering switching to at&t to grab the galaxy s2 sky rocket. I got a call back this morning and had a lengthy convo with the president. He said that the higher ups don't disclose to them any info on release dates, because any leaks would damage their competitive marketing strategy. He said there are internal rumors of "an imminent release" but it kinda sounded like BS. what dissapointed me even more about not getting any relevant nexus news, is unlike everyone else I couldn't squeeze him for an extra $50 bucks off my next upgrade!

Welcome to the nut house!

No judging from this corner - here's the start of my day in a nutshell:

Wake up, turn alarm off, open phandroid and catch up. Take shower, check phandroid, finish getting ready. Drop daughter at school, check phandroid if there is a long wait for the 'drop & run'. Get to work, punch in, open AF in browser, catch up. THEN I open my work email. :o
(and let's not forget the continuous refresh/reply/thank cycle)

Oh, and now we can add drandrew18 to my productivity killers since he feeds my addiction to this phone AND, with that accent, I could listen to him talk about just about anything and be happy.
I'm sorry. Am I bad that I lost concentration after you wrote "Take shower?"

The executive office didn't offer me the extra $50, either.

Hey Andrew, I have a question for you that I have not been able to get an answer on before.

Does the dialer offer T9-style dialing, or do you have to scroll through contacts as on previous vanilla Android devices?

Thanks for all the videos!

Havent got that far yet. Once I have finished work in a few hours I will post a full video review and try to remember to include that question. Alternatively tweet me and remind me if I forget (@andrewmcsweeney)

Thanks for posting these videos. Could you show some of the browser and see if it auto reformats text when zooming in like the htc devices? Also would it be possible to look at the alarm clock and see if you set the time by a scroll wheel like the iphone, or have to push +/- like the droids?

Thanks a lot!

Hey! Will try remember to cover these questions after I finish work in a couple of hours. If I forget / you want to remind me a bit later feel free to tweet @andrewmcsweeney. Lots of posts on here today so easy to get lost.

PS. Hope everyone is liking the content - will post more later!

Good morning, everyone.

Chief, congratulations! I'm sure you will make a great guide and eventually an awesome Mod. You have a certain Stevish quality to you. :)

Ah, my fellow Nexlings. A new day awaits us. Do I expect anything to happen today? Anything at all?

No. I do not. My hopefulness meter is at a 4.5, and shall stay that way, I fear, until we get official word from the Verizon idiot machine. I have put in several texts to my sister and also to that store rep I was telling you guys about, and will post any responses. I just don't think either of them really know anything date-wise.

I dreamed last night my very first phone dream. Although the funny thing is, it wasn't a phone! It was a red little sports car, a convertible. It was summer and I was driving it all over the place. It was very fast, and everyone was looking at me like I was the most awesome guy in the world. I finally pulled into a parking lot and eased into a space. I threw it in first, pulled up the parking brake, and turned off the car. But when I let my foot off the clutch, the thing rolled forward! That was the only thing that was wrong with it. I finally got it stopped, got out, looked at the back of the car to see what kind it was, and it said "Rezound."

I shuddered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom