• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about Matias D. (sp?) saying end of November..not credible enough?

Unfortunately, Matias doesn't work for Verizon, and that's the problem with anyone but Verizon talking about release dates.

It's apparent that Verizon does things its own way, regardless of anyone's opinion.

It's very telling that Google has always released (to my knowledge) the Nexus phone in the U.S. first, followed by others. This is the only time that Verizon has had a crack at it, and it's the only time it appears to be that the rest of the world will get it before us.

Whether Verizon ends up getting monster sales or not, I would totally understand if Google decides never to go the Verizon route again. They're complete morons.

For a store release I would say is a no go.:(
Heres hoping for Pre-order.:)

That's what I'm hoping for as well. If Monday comes and there is no pre-order, I will have to rent an HTC device.

Anyone expecting a TMobile - Google announcement about the GNex at their event today?

I bet they'll at least hint towards the upcoming ("imminent") release but other than that, they can't do anything more. It's in Verizon's court now.

Of course, I could be wrong, maybe Verizon and Google have had some sort of agreement that Google would be the one to announce the release date (hey, Apple does it, why can't Google?)

I can see it now... Verizon pushes back Galaxy Nexus release date to sell more Rezounds/RAZRs, so Google decides to exclude Verizon from future Nexus releases.

Not good.

Anyone expecting a TMobile - Google announcement about the GNex at their event today?
I'm hoping so, had last years geometry student ask his dad if there was going to be anything about the Gnex in the event today, but haven't heard back from him this am. I'm hoping to hear something, but not expecting too.

My "Harumph" was my poor Tim Allen impression of a "manly man" trying to bring back some masculinity into a"girly man" thread creep that he originated. Does that make any sense?:confused:

Of course, I did enjoy the "Awww" from BB. :)

Off topic for sure....but damn you have a great view in your part of the country, I've visited the national park in moab and was blown away. Must be nice waking up to such a view everyday!

Good morning, everyone.

Chief, congratulations! I'm sure you will make a great guide and eventually an awesome Mod. You have a certain Stevish quality to you. :)

Ah, my fellow Nexlings. A new day awaits us. Do I expect anything to happen today? Anything at all?

No. I do not. My hopefulness meter is at a 4.5, and shall stay that way, I fear, until we get official word from the Verizon idiot machine. I have put in several texts to my sister and also to that store rep I was telling you guys about, and will post any responses. I just don't think either of them really know anything date-wise.

I dreamed last night my very first phone dream. Although the funny thing is, it wasn't a phone! It was a red little sports car, a convertible. It was summer and I was driving it all over the place. It was very fast, and everyone was looking at me like I was the most awesome guy in the world. I finally pulled into a parking lot and eased into a space. I threw it in first, pulled up the parking brake, and turned off the car. But when I let my foot off the clutch, the thing rolled forward! That was the only thing that was wrong with it. I finally got it stopped, got out, looked at the back of the car to see what kind it was, and it said "Rezound."

I shuddered.

Just wondering, are you pissed at your sister too since she works for Verizon? Might make for an awkward Thanksgiving if you don't have your phone by then.

That's exactly what I was going to zx10droid.

I'm now hoping for some sort of (under the radar for most people, noone here applies) announcement tomorrow (remember image tags and everything on the sign up page?) with a web only order starting Monday and phones being available either 11/25 or 11/28....

Stay optimistic... stay optimistic... this phone will be worth it... this phone will be worth it.... come on Verizon!

It's very telling that Google has always released (to my knowledge) the Nexus phone in the U.S. first, followed by others. This is the only time that Verizon has had a crack at it, and it's the only time it appears to be that the rest of the world will get it before us.

Maybe Verizon will drop a bomb today!!??

As far as I know, the Google live stream event this afternoon hasn't been cancelled... maybe, just maybe, there will be a slip of information then.

androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube

4:15 PM EST

Oh, it's that late? Darn, if it was earlier, there'd be some chance of me doing some work before the event (unless something big happened). Now all I'll be doing is speculating until 4:15, then I'll go home :rolleyes:

November has definitely been the most unproductive month of my life :p

Nothing is ruled out until THAT day comes and goes without a Nexus, IMHO. Now that it has passed FCC, there is absolutely nothing stopping the release except whatever the powers-that-be are doing. I'm the eternal optimist, though, and hope to at least see something by Black Friday...

@HanSolo: I take that as a compliment then, Counselor. Thank you :)

@BabyBlues: Never. Senior Chief or Master Chief is not in my future. Very content to be me. Besides, The_Senior_Chief wouldn't fit as my name :p

Master Chief lol oh Halo

I just hope i can get this thing before thanksgiving......everything seemed like that would be the case until the last few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom