• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they said that once I upgrade to the SGN, to return it. They also mailed me a return fedex thing to put it in. I have the full intention of honoring that, but if the SGN doesn't come out for another month, I may ask them to let me hold onto it a bit longer.

But I'm not sure.

Maybe things will depend on what type of a bonus I get this year. But I know my wife won't like me spending big money on two items. :(

Especially with your trip coming up. :)

Upvote 0
By the way, does anyone thing we will get penny deals on Amazon for the Nexus? If the Rezound and RAZR (both flagship devices) are on sale for that much, you think the Nexus will be too? Plus, I'm sure Verizon knows this phone isn't gonna bring in as much revenue as the aforementioned devices since the "average" person doesn't really know about Nexus devices.

It'd be nice, eh?

Addition (edit): I just realized that I asked this questions assuming Verizon has anything to do with Amazon's pricing and deals... lol... maybe Amazon will want to sell this phone for a penny too!?

Upvote 0
Another note about your facts. While Orton was quarterback Purdue went to four consecutive bowl games and was ranked as high as 5th in the nation.

NECKBEARD!!!!!!!

This thread is going way too fast to keep up. Every day I come here the "latest" rumor is that it's getting pushed back more and more.

I finally got MIUI on my DX with the ICS theme, and it makes me want the sgn so bad. Played with the RAZR at the local VZW store and I was getting 22mbps down/16mbps up. This thing needs to release NOW.

Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows, this is a RANDOM thought I had, hehe. I didn't get this from anyone at Verizon, just dreaming of marketing ways to get the phone even earlier!

Yeah, but Random thoughts doesn't mean they are wrong. I like to have at least one theory a day I throw out there, I actually think about this a lot. Like my title says, I am a GNex Addict.

Reactions: garbageduck
Upvote 0
I called Verizon customer service this morning to find out more about the double data promotion. I am not in a hurry to get the GNex. I want to wait until the reviews come in to see what the battery life is going to be like.
She told me that it will expire on Jan 15th. Is this the same as what everyone else heard? Or is she confused with the return policy?

Upvote 0
Yeah, but Random thoughts doesn't mean they are wrong. I like to have at least one theory a day I throw out there, I actually think about this a lot. Like my title says, I am a GNex Addict.

I just don't want people to hate me if that doesn't happen on the 28th, hehe. I've been obsessing about either this phone or the concept of this phone (finally another stock choice on Verizon!) for at least a year now...

Upvote 0
I just don't want people to hate me if that doesn't happen on the 28th, hehe. I've been obsessing about either this phone or the concept of this phone (finally another stock choice on Verizon!) for at least a year now...

Nah, no hating unless you come in here saying that you ARE POSITIVE YOU HAVE THE ANSWER.
We don't like that. Lol.

Upvote 0
If I worked for VZW marketing i'd sell the Gnex on "Cyber Monday" as an online exclusive, then sell it in stores on the 1st (or 8th). I, unfortunately, do not work for VZW marketing

Sounds like an exciting, brilliant, straight-forwards, logical, genius/ likely profitable, guaranteed to please the customers, sound business decision... so therefore, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that management will allow it to happen :(

Upvote 0
I think all the people doing this whole rent a razr/rezound thing are inflating sales on the two phones and verizon is thinking, "since sales/renewals aren't doing so bad, we can hold the nexus just a little bit longer."

Maybe if both phones bombed they would be forced to release the nexus earlier in order make up bad sales figures.

I know, wishful thinking.

Upvote 0
I think all the people doing this whole rent a razr/rezound thing are inflating sales on the two phones and verizon is thinking, "since sales/renewals aren't doing so bad, we can hold the nexus just a little bit longer."

Maybe if both phones bombed they would be forced to release the nexus earlier in order make up bad sales figures.

I know, wishful thinking.

Nice, I didn't think of it that way, that's logical.

Upvote 0
Friendly Suggestion :)

Tomorrow is a BIG football day in America. Football in America is a BIG subject.

I'm all for the Lounge nature of this thread - but - not everyone is a football fan.

For in-depth and detailed or long football discussion, isn't the Lounge a little place for that?

I kind of think of this thread as the break room with the water cooler and coffee pots - never know what's going to come up and that's the fun part for me.

So - I'm not saying you HAVE to go away - I'm just saying that like at the break room, if any one side topic goes on too long, it's just easier to take it to a side office - that kinda thing.

Otherwise, the football discussion is going to be interrupted with Nexus chatter. ;)

Thanks for considering this! :)

Upvote 0
Sounds like an exciting, brilliant, straight-forwards, logical, genius/ likely profitable, guaranteed to please the customers, sound business decision... so therefore, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that management will allow it to happen :(

It would definitely bring more attention to the concept of "Cyber Monday", since it hasn't caught on nearly as much as Black Friday. If by some stroke of luck this does happen, i'll forever be known as "The G-Nex Prophet" and another username change will be in order!

Upvote 0
Nah, no hating unless you come in here saying that you ARE POSITIVE YOU HAVE THE ANSWER.
We don't like that. Lol.

Even then we wouldn't hate, or call you a
troll

Because it's not allowed. :D

Doesn't mean we won't think it though, The mods can't control our thoughts or any....

Steven is the man...

thing. Uh oh.

Upvote 0
Except verizon would go under if they used that strategy. Say a phone is $600 off contract, and you get it subsidized from verizon for 200-300, they can't make that up in 6 months unless they jack the phone plan price way way up and that's not what anybody wants. Maybe it would be feasible to scale the price based on how much time you have left on your contract, but that will never happen.

I have no idea why, but I can't see your avatar without thinking about MC Hammer.

Mchammer.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones