• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let all of you know, now when you start a chat now with a CSR at Verizon, there is the following disclaimer and announcement at the top of all chat logs:

Please note, here at Verizon Wireless, we know absolutely nothing about the Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime 4G LTE, this lack of information includes but is not limited to: release date, release price, final name, final color, size of internal memory. Please do not bother asking our customer service representatives any questions about this alleged phone. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
The ALLEGED "Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime 4G LTE"?? :eek:

Instead of being all depressed over the delayed Nexus, let's talk about things that will probably happen before the Nexus. That should lift our spirits. ;) Feel free to add to the list.

1. Half Life 2, Episode 3
2. Duke Nukem Forever 2
3. Warp Drive
4. Nano Bots that can clean my blood vessels
5. A successful Kardashian marriage
6. The cure for cancer
7. World War 3
8. Contact with aliens
9. The Droid 4
10. The RAZR 2
11. The iPhone 5

Anyone care to add to the list?

Death by shotgun.

Not quite, they said they plan to announce the release this year.

Yesterday I asked the same thing, and then followed up for clarification. Actually went back and forth with @VZWSupport a couple times (they're really good about answering tweets, definitely direct your questions there. Don't harass them, they seem well enough intentioned) and it ended with one of them saying the phone will be out this year. Not that the plan can't change, but they are shooting for 2011.

https://twitter.com/#!/VZWSupport/status/141234147770368000

*Steven note: As I said in an earlier post, Verizon HAS to put everything out on the table. It doesn't mean it's a done scenario. KEEP THE FAITH, BRETHREN! :D

Business-KeepTheFaith.jpg

Just to let all of you know, now when you start a chat now with a CSR at Verizon, there is the following disclaimer and announcement at the top of all chat logs:

Please note, here at Verizon Wireless, we know absolutely nothing about the Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime 4G LTE, this lack of information includes but is not limited to: release date, release price, final name, final color, size of internal memory. Please do not bother asking our customer service representatives any questions about this alleged phone. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

No it doesn't. :D:rolleyes:

To me it seems the Source is only saying the announcement could come tomorrow or any other day but at this point he would not be surprised with any day?

Just doesn't seem like something for tomorrow is imminent.

Hey guys, seriously, for those who are at work where Twitter is blocked, can anyone posting Twitter links from now on post the text of the tweet as well? It's driving me nuts, haha. I thought we had agreed upon that already but I guess people forgot.

What many of you are missing in my point in comparing this launch to an iPhone launch and saying that Apple gets it right is this:

Google announced this phone in mid-October....OFFICIALLY mind you....showed off all it's new features, and touted it as the best thing out there. Yet here we are 2 months later and don't even have any word of a release date. THAT is my complaint. You don't announce a phone that isn't ready for immediate release, period.

Google/Samsung announced this phone in HONK KONG on Oct 19. Yes, it's not available yet in the US but it has already been released in the UK. So it's certainly not a Google/Samsung issue. But I think we get this sense of entitlement in the US that the latest and greatest must be released here first. That is no longer the case. Samsung Galaxy S2, for example, came here months after it was released in Asia, Europe and South America. Don't get me wrong, I live in California and am waiting for the Galaxy Nexus as well. The G Nex is a world phone. Should Google/Samsung not announce the phone unless it is ready for immediate release in the US market? Hardly the case any more.

For those OG Droiders and DXers out there, Fabolous has a GN already. Been tweeting quite a storm about it. Hopefully he can get on to some development soon for it (and here's hoping ROMs/themes are interchangeable between GSM and LTE!).

I wrote Mr. Bianchi. I was polite, somewhat verbose, did not threaten, did not mention this forum, did not cite Nazis or communism, used no foul language and spoke with respect. I plead my case and asked him to please release the GNex in early December. No point in posting it here since others have covered the content. It will probably do no good but I had to try.

You never know until you try.

I wrote Mr. Bianchi. I was polite, somewhat verbose, did not threaten, did not mention this forum, did not cite Nazis or communism, used no foul language and spoke with respect. I plead my case and asked him to please release the GNex in early December. No point in posting it here since others have covered the content. It will probably do no good but I had to try.

You never know until you try.

Did much the same. Didn't want to post the message here, but was very kind (albeit a *little* impatient sounding ;))

Go to the market. Tap on "music". Download/purchase music of choice. Enjoy.
I tried - it. Is it me or is it missing the most basic of all functions - upload music from your phone to the cloud.

What's the point of a phone app if i have to put my music on my computer before i can use it?

If this feature exists and i just missed it please enlighten me.

Thank you Source, since we know your watching! ;) Yeah, the clarification that this is more of a contingency plan definitely makes me feel better. Of course Verizon will have contingency plans. If you combine that with a statement that on the bright side, it will help Q1 numbers, voila, you get basically what Hanette told Han.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom