• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm getting a little worried since I HAVE to order this online (govt/biz account). Is there any chance that this will be instore only and online will follow at some later date?

Not sure man as I am in the same boat as you. Would prefer online anyway to be honest. I dont like going to vzw stores anyway. Have not purchased a phone in a store of theirs for probably 10 years or more. I always purchase online. Its easier for me to activate and setup my phone myself anyway.

Off Topic

Bought my wife a 2011 Ford Edge Sport for her B-day, so yeah, the TP would fall into the stocking stuffer category, relatively speaking. ;)

(Dual income, no kids has its perks)

Well like I said I'm up for adoption.

tumblr_lir15gSXWi1qgu0qto1_500.jpg

So, I'm getting a little worried since I HAVE to order this online (govt/biz account). Is there any chance that this will be instore only and online will follow at some later date?

Original PR statement said Online & In Stores (verbiage was little different).

Found it...BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced that the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, the world’s first smartphone running on Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to Verizon Wireless. The Galaxy Nexus will be available later this year in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at

Off Topic

Bought my wife a 2011 Ford Edge Sport for her B-day, so yeah, the TP would fall into the stocking stuffer category, relatively speaking. ;)

(Dual income, no kids has its perks)

I was always curious how this works, if you don't mind. Did you flat out purchase this vehicle cash, or will you be making payments for the life of the vehicle term.

If bought outright in terms of a lease, do you just take over the monthly payments for ~3 years and then when the time comes perhaps lease her another new vehicle.

Lastly, do you cover her insurance payments as well. Thank you for taking time to answer any of these somewhat personal questions

i just finished downloading all of the ADB/Android sdk stuff from the DL tutorial yesterday, and tested it on my phone. everything is working - now alls i need is a virgin GNex, and i'll have rooted and unlocked goodness!

I have. They are very good but I'm going naked after seeing how I gave one some rough treatment putting holes in it and the glass on my OG Droid with out a scratch or make even when inspected with a magnifying glass.

I had to conduct surveillance that required belly crawling in the woods. I had the OGD in my front pocket with my keys.
I never do that but on the heat of battle and having to not waste time I put then both in the same pocket.

When I pulled it out there were several holes in the protector clearly visible by the air allowed under the film. It looked ugly and I winced.

After inspection there was not a single mark.

so I decided to run it nude and found out I was missing a degree of touch screen responsiveness.

Going Nudy

I still don't understand why people think keys, or metal will scratch any glass screen. They won't. Do you ever use a razorblade to scrape something off a window? What will scratch the screen is sand and small quartz particles, both which are possible to have in your pocket if you are active and like to play outdoors. I have countless small scratches on my tb screen because I like to play in some rough stuff.

Stepping out of lurkedom

Went to my local corporate store in Huntersville, NC and made an appointment to pick my Nexus up Thursday. FINALY!!
How did you set up an appointment?
I called 8 stores and all of them said that I can't set up an appointment and that it will be out sometime before the end of the year:c

So.. not to be a downer... but where do we go after this thread is over? :(

65k in posts and some epic moments. How in the world do I ever get this fix 24/7?!?!?!?

I was always curious how this works, if you don't mind. Did you flat out purchase this vehicle cash, or will you be making payments for the life of the vehicle term.

If bought outright in terms of a lease, do you just take over the monthly payments for ~3 years and then when the time comes perhaps lease her another new vehicle.

Lastly, do you cover her insurance payments as well. Thank you for taking time to answer any of these somewhat personal questions

if its his wife, wouldnt THEY be covering THEIR insurance? not he covering hers? at least thats how it works in my home with my wife and i

So.. not to be a downer... but where do we go after this thread is over? :(

65k in posts and some epic moments. How in the world do I ever get this fix 24/7?!?!?!?

The lounge where I started a thread for us to reconnect. As well as the various areas actually related to the phone

It is amazing what bribing someone w/ some craft beer may get you. Tight lips until I unleashed w/ the taunting. At least now I know my store is not holding back they truly don't know for sure but they get shipments on Thurs so I would say the 8th is probably out for a launch but I am #1 now on the call list and my growler in hand is the tip off for who I am on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom