• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously each store won't be getting "2.66" phones per store. They will have to decide which store gets 5, which store gets 3 etc. I put that information on there to tell you (what appears to be) the very limited stock that will be out there.

I hope my NOLA area store has one when I'm able to get there!

i just finished downloading all of the ADB/Android sdk stuff from the DL tutorial yesterday, and tested it on my phone. everything is working - now alls i need is a virgin GNex, and i'll have rooted and unlocked goodness!

Getting Google Wallet up and running will be my first priority! Just because, well you know, it's NOT "blocked" right?

I'm still wondering if the early word this was part of the hold up is partially true? The late hour finger pointing and fluffed up reasoning for it not being available sure are a bit suspicious.

I can see it now Friday Morning 8am Eastern Verizon officially announces phone will be sold starting when the stores open at 9am.... Mad chaos will break out people will just leave their job like it is western expansion of the 21st century. They will laugh and it will out sell the Rezound and Razr combined to date in 4 hours.... Okay just how I see it played out in my head I will beat an old person for this phone. I can say that now since I am getting some white hairs on my head :(

Closing in on 65K!! Anyone think we'll make it to 70K before the lock?

I just realized that with the 1000's of thanks given out in this thread, a lot of members are going to look like gods when they migrate back out into the rest of the forum. And yes, there is a "rest of the forum". I haven't seen it in awhile either, but I know it's out there! :D

I was always curious how this works, if you don't mind. Did you flat out purchase this vehicle cash, or will you be making payments for the life of the vehicle term.

If bought outright in terms of a lease, do you just take over the monthly payments for ~3 years and then when the time comes perhaps lease her another new vehicle.

Lastly, do you cover her insurance payments as well. Thank you for taking time to answer any of these somewhat personal questions

That's very personal stuff.

But I'm sure you have a good reason.

So, please take that to PM, thank you. :)

I'm getting the urge to call the VZW store again...but I think I will know their answer here. :(

WHY does this seem to be random? Shouldn't all stores know by now with this many people getting callbacks and having appointments setup!?

Ok, I don't know if it's been posted already. Just putting it out there that I have an appointment for Friday at 9:00 to pick up the nexus

I'm getting the urge to call the VZW store again...but I think I will know their answer here. :(

WHY does this seem to be random? Shouldn't all stores know by now with this many people getting callbacks and having appointments setup!?

I guess I will stop by on the way home...by calling, maybe I'm getting sales people that are clueless or who are too lazy to actually check. Or I guess I could call and ask for the store manager? Are you guys doing that or just getting lucky with a sales person who knows and can hook you up?

I just want to thank the corporate store here in Chattanooga for owning up to the fact that they will be releasing the GNEX on Friday, even though there has not been a formal PR announcement from VZW.

Great, thanks! My wife is tired of me using her phone to facetime with my Mom and Dad so they can see their grandkids ;) This will be nice to be able to use my phone with her iFruit.

And, unlike facetime, Tango on the Fruit phone will work over the cellular network in addition to WiFi. ;)

Holy Smokes!

I left to take my daughter to the hospital yesterday and we were on page 1224... now we're on 1300???? :eek:

And I read the OP... Friday? FRIDAY???? No, it HAS to be Thursday! Please be Thursday! I had it cleared on my calendar and I have stuff to do Friday!

:( :( :( :( :(

Oh well... at LEAST we have a release date: that's more than we've had for all this time! WHOOT

Work sucks

Yeah, dragging here today :(

Nooooooooooooo....missed a 1k marker yet again by 1 post. :( At least this time I was 1 before instead of 1 after. I'm dialin' it in! Although I don't think I'm going to get another chance with the way things sound like they're going! Not that I'm complaining, I want my phone already :D

OT
Common thread here: kids are hard on the pocket book. They really cut into the toy budget. I let my brother take care of the supplying of the grand kids and carrying on the familiy name. Once he accomplished that, I was off the hook. :p

I manage ok, but that's due to lots of OT. A phone once a year and a decent fun used car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom