• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except they would not need to send the phone back for a new sim since the sim does not come preinstalled anyway...

Why ship the phone back for new sim cards; when they could ship new sim cards to the store and replace them at time of purchase ?

Maybe they're just waiting for good ones to come in then? Still could make the 15th possible.

I'm hoping it was more along the lines of a manager busted him for going to show someone the Nexus, and he had to come out and make up why they didn't have one when he just told me he did. All he could do was say it got shipped back. I really don't know, but that's just what I was told. Normal NaCl, it's just one report. If other stores corroborate it, then start to worry.

It came from 10 posts ago. :eek:

Just like yesterday when I posted something about the BIG Verizon meeting that was happening this morning and somebody said something about canceling it(the meeting), and three hours later people were panicking about hearing Verizon was canceling the Nexus!

It's like that game where you sit in a circle and whisper something to the person next to you and as it goes around the circle it changes into something else by the end.

I'll be like everyone else here. I'm going to call every Radio Shack/Costco/VZW I can think of until they sell me one. If nobody sells it, then I wait as usual.

Sorry Verizon. I'll bug all of your employees until you give me a date or some type of information. If you care about them, tweet something tonight... say around... 12:01. ;)

Playing with an ICS ROM'd Fascinate. Ice Cream sandwich is far and away better than GB. I don't understand why LG, HTC, Moto or Sammy don't develop a vanilla android line. Their software costs would be greatly reduced. They could release new software shortly after release from google and they could tap into our ever-growing "NERD" market.

It's ironic, but the Android fragmentation that people complain about and which iFruit fanbois talk about is actually the reason why these companies use their own skins or layers on top of vanilla android. Why? It's all about differentiation. If you have two phones side by side with similar specs, you can differentiate with form factor I guess, but it's easier to do it with software. You also get some customer loyalty for people who LIKE the customized UIs and get repeat customers.

Costco screens seem to me to be the best leak we have right now...

3uI5t.jpg

j0vNw.jpg

You can order using the item number on costco.com
Costco

Neither of those numbers work...also a google search for those pathway lights by a company called nexus doesn't bring anything up other than a a link to this forum (kinda funny).

another day riding a non-orgasmic rollercoaster :cool:

Did that remind anybody else of that notorious scene in Fear?

I know. I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with Horizon.

Wizen? Surprizin'? Sorry, I got nothin'. :confused:

With all this talk about stores shipping the phones BACK, I sure hope that Verizon hasn't decided to scratch the whole thing and cancel Nexus..

C'mon, you're not seriously thinking that's possible. Not that I know what VZW is up to, but the pent-up customer backlash would be ferocious.

why would a manager blatantly lie to my face about "never seeing" a phone that one of his reps is currently carrying?? all i can say is that i hope rep #2 still has a job tomorrow... or the 15th... or whatever we're quoting as the release date now. i will be stopping by tomorrow just in case, but the whole situation just struck me as odd. :confused:

Actually that makes perfect sense to me. They probably got beat up pretty badly about leaks and were told in no uncertain terms to say NOTHING or find a new job.

In this economy, I can't say that I blame them (as annoying is it may be).

I'll be like everyone else here. I'm going to call every Radio Shack/Costco/VZW I can think of until they sell me one. If nobody sells it, then I wait as usual.

Sorry Verizon. I'll bug all of your employees until you give me a date or some type of information. If you care about them, tweet something tonight... say around... 12:01. ;)

If they tweet anything it would just get pulled saying they meant the galaxy tab like they said before lol.

I based my statement on post 71563, in which the poster describes their store as having shipped the phones back.

I'm not in a position to challenge anyone's honesty here, so I am speculating along with everyone else. WHY would they have to send Nexi BACK unless they were scrubbing the phone?

Not a good scenario from any angle I look at it.

But I DO think someone in this thread's gonna end up with a Nexus tomorrow, considering the total cluster this non-release has turned into. Looks like it won't be me, though, having spoken with a Corporate store and a Premium Reseller.

:(

If they need to make space in the stock room for other devices that seem to have a higher priority on VZW's deployment schedule. I'm not sure how big those stock rooms are, but if they need the space the devices will go. Typical logistics issue...

On an aside....didn't that poster...OpenYourEyes (?) say nearly this exact thing - that this week was the target week, and if it didn't release this week, they would release it next week, regardless?

He was found out to be a troll and banned from the forum.

I would also highly doubt that VZW would postpone this again. Though we may not like VZW, they're not complete idiots, and are #1 in their line of business for SOME reason.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
No offense intended, but it is stupid of them to let things get this far without any effort at communication with their customers who clearly want the phone.
I believe the explosion of info when blog/news sites went wild due to those customers going wild for the info stands as proof of this.

How normal is this frenzy for what's supposed to be a top phone w/ the FIRST EVER ICS 4.0?

Seriously.. this is really getting whacky. Anything like this happen for any other release?

I based my statement on post 71563, in which the poster describes their store as having shipped the phones back.

I'm not in a position to challenge anyone's honesty here, so I am speculating along with everyone else. WHY would they have to send Nexi BACK unless they were scrubbing the phone?

But I DO think someone in this thread's gonna end up with a Nexus tomorrow, considering the total cluster this non-release has turned into. Looks like it won't be me, though, having spoken with a Corporate store and a Premium Reseller.

I presented two scenarios for him telling me this - either he had to cover up when a manager told him not to show me the phone after he already told me he had them in stock and all he could come up with was they had to send them back. Or, they really did for some reason have to do it. I hope that my first scenario is the reason he said this. I'm just repeating what I was told in the store. Honestly, it's the first time I'm hoping I was lied to.

I don't challenge the poster's honesty, but there's no way I trust the manager enough to start typing/repeating that all the stores are sending their stock back. That is just plain irresponsible to represent that as a fact.

That manager is probably just tired of people bugging him about the phone.

Listen up:

I'm at work and have been trying to catch up all day.. I can't... so...

I'm going to continue from here, but I will just trust folks to "report" offensive posts. I can't do it all. TIA.

It hasn't been bad, anyway. Lots of questions... no answers. I don't think anyone's lost their mind just yet. ;)

Listen up:

I'm at work and have been trying to catch up all day.. I can't... so...

I'm going to continue from here, but I will just trust folks to "report" offensive posts. I can't do it all. TIA.

You mean Phandroid doesn't pay you enough to make a comfortable living? Blasphemy!

They should! You hear me Phases????? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom