• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apparently missed that memo. Where was this information?

Correct me if I'm wrong... but we've heard one story about that right... which could have been BS from the store manager. My local store has them in stock, showed me the activated demo unit, and had no intention of sending anything back.

By next week at the earliest... they just mean the plan is for next week, but who knows with VZW.

Question: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Or in GNex terms: If some lucky misfit gets their grubby hands on a GNex without Verizon ever officially announcing the release date, does this thread close?

Oops, didn't think about it at the time, but it's was at the Fountain Valley, CA Costco if you want to go and check out the demo (albeit it's a non-functioning demo device that's just to touch and feel).

Nice, I'm in Irvine... I know where I'll be going tomorrow...

Talked to my local rep today and he said they have them in the back, just waiting to sell them. He said it was pushed for some legality reasons but will be out by early next week possibly. Going to give him a call tomorrow and see if anything changes.

can we please get over the whole "theres not a delay if they didnt announce a date" thing? IT IS DELAYED, the end. just because they didnt put out a PR saying the 9th was the date, doesnt mean it wasnt set internally as the 9th and intended to be released then, and that vzw decided again to delay beyond the 9th before they planned to release the PR

So if I do in fact head to my local store tonight and they happen to have a rep with a Nexus, what questions do you want me to ask? I will take pictures, but it would be nice to give some helpful info.

I just have this nagging feeling...

A feeling that the release of next week is bogus, and they will start selling tomorrow.

Ah, it's probably just indigestion.

Guessing you could be right, even if it happens inadvertently though confusion in most cases.

I REALLY don't want to be "that guy" who spreads misinformation. Is ANYONE else hearing the launch tomorrow is still on? It would certainly give me some peace if I knew others were hearing the same thing. Otherwise, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that I may have a new toy tomorrow around 9:01am. :)

-me

It's not your fault that you were given erroneous information (and make no mistake about it, it was erroneous). You will not have a Nexus at 9:01am tomorrow is my prediction.

Not trying to depress you, but rather to keep you from a) wasting a trip tomorrow and b) really be disappointed when you show up and all he has for you is chocolate chip cookies...I keep forgetting that's Costco. :)

can we please get over the whole "theres not a delay if they didnt announce a date" thing? IT IS DELAYED, the end. just because they didnt put out a PR saying the 9th was the date, doesnt mean it wasnt set internally as the 9th and intended to be released then, and that vzw decided again to delay beyond the 9th before they planned to release the PR

Exactly. Once Dorothy looked behind the curtain and saw the truth, the old guy couldn't say "But I never announced that I wasn't a wizard!"

A feeling that the release of next week is bogus, and they will start selling tomorrow.

If stores aren't preparing right now... no way in hell do I see that happening. There is a lot that goes into this.

But man.. I'll eat a phone if you are right. :p And I won't back down! It'll be one of those gummy ones you can get at the candy store.

When all is said and done .. I would LOVE to know what went wrong with this launch. Cuz it certainly turned into a trainwreck.

Some exec somewhere got his panties in a bunch, that is for sure. Everyone in VZW is soooooo nervous and jerky right now. I walked into my vzw store (they know my love of android, well ... PLAIN android) and got looks and replies like I was trying to scale the Berlin wall. No phone, no nothin, no thoughts or comments .. move along please. Very different story from a few days ago; High fives, accessories, phones any second now, etc... etc. Crickets now. :confused:

Was the Nexus crashing the razr / rezound party? Google wallet fiasco? bugs? LTE outage? Leaks piss someone off???

Someone high up got freaked out over something ... that is plain.

It would be interesting to have the real story someday.

anyway ..... back to the usual programming ....

Exactly. Once Dorothy looked behind the curtain and saw the truth, the old guy couldn't say "But I never announced that I wasn't a wizard!"

Yep. In the era of internet and leaks through it, even internal slipping of dates not publicly announced are the same thing as public delays in many respects.

Not to mention slipping and moving internal launch targets are technically delays anyhow.

I don't challenge the poster's honesty, but there's no way I trust the manager enough to start typing/repeating that all the stores are sending their stock back. That is just plain irresponsible to represent that as a fact.

That manager is probably just tired of people bugging him about the phone.

The rep was fine with giving it to me - I think it'd have been a manager, who I didn't even talk to, that possibly shut it down. I think Scenario 1 of the 2 I presented is the more likely, he had to lie his way out of what he told me earlier. I never said all stores - this was my experience at one store. Never did I say every store was sending it back. I put it up as it was what I encountered, if others had the same experience, then it would have been fine. Upsetting, but fine. Instead, it was hopefully an isolated incident, but I'm not going to alter what I came across just because of what was said to me.

thats what i'm saying. If they never announced the phone, then ok its hasnt been delayed. but you cant tell me after almost 2 months and no release date/window that the phone has not been delayed. this is beyond ridiculous.

I was thinking of this earlier...what if they were told to tell everyone that asks it's been delayed just to do what they had originally intended...a soft launch.

OFF TOPIC:

does anyone else ever get to the bottom of a page without knowing it, hit refresh 2 or 3 times, and wonder why no new posts have been made?

doh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom