• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you referring to the Hans vs. Han joke, or the fake evidence of no more VZW Nexus? or both?

Pretty sure he's referring to the guy saying Verizon was no longer in the drop-down on Samsung's site.

In case this gets quoted out of context, that wasn't true ;)

Public Service Announcement:

Please no more "practical jokes." I can't handle it, personally, and I don't believe this thread can, either. We all are a bit volatile, here. Please respect that... not just the practical joker, but all of us.

I feel pretty strong about that. So much so, that I'm going hand out infractions for stirring folks up for sport. Sorry.

Trying to keep the peace,

Steven

Sorry. Backs away from the keyboard....

Perhaps this joke would be ok:

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

GalaxyNexus.

GalaxyNexus, who?

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was knocking on the door of a Verizon Store and you've obviously never heard of the GalaxyNexus.

Maybe you should have backed away from the keyboard a little longer ;)

Screen protectors are like condoms.... They just don't feel good when they are on.

But they both help protect against "Accidents" :D

Yeah, but after you don't wear one you realize that it feels so much better without one on. Plus if you are in a monogamous relationship you don't need one.

obviously. but it doesn't hurt to share a link about a related article. anything short of a Verizon official announcement that is heard by every customer, in person, given by the Verizon CEO will be considered non credible evidence.

If I don't hear it from R Kellys grandmother, then it isn't official.

Taking a break and sending off some quick emails to our VZ executives...thanks Hon, and I got to thinking about all of these rumors that VZ is having problems with Google or the Nexus device itself, rumors that Verizon never was planning on getting the Nexus...we have all herd them, hell we have to read them every day in this thread....if we choose to log on to read this thread any more.

Do you realize that this thread is one of the most viewed Nexus threads on the internet :eek: Wouldn't it seem likely that this thread has been used to spread the very rumors that we see in other sites and blogs all over the net?

Don't we have a responsibility to the Nexus community to clean up this thread and stop the very rumors that the majority of us know are false?

Don't the mods and the site have some responsibility to at least attempt to squelch some of the members who live and breath for no other reason than to keep the rumor mill going by using this site to further the false information?

If we just monitor our own thread and this site ourselves maybe we can get back on top of this thing before its to late!

I'm done with my rant...going to grab a beer while I watch the pain dry!

Have a good one guys...and gals :cool:

Taking a break and sending off some quick emails to our VZ executives...thanks Hon, and I got to thinking about all of these rumors that VZ is having problems with Google or the Nexus device itself, rumors that Verizon never was planning on getting the Nexus...we have all herd them, hell we have to read them every day in this thread....if we choose to log on to read this thread any more.

Do you realize that this thread is one of the most viewed Nexus threads on the internet :eek: Wouldn't it seem likely that this thread has been used to spread the very rumors that we see in other sites and blogs all over the net?

Don't we have a responsibility to the Nexus community to clean up this thread and stop the very rumors that the majority of us know are false?

Don't the mods and the site have some responsibility to at least attempt to squelch some of the members who live and breath for no other reason than to keep the rumor mill going by using this site to further the false information?

If we just monitor our own thread and this site ourselves maybe we can get back on top of this thing before its to late!

I'm done with my rant...going to grab a beer while I watch the pain dry!

Have a good one guys...and gals :cool:

while i respect what you are getting at with this, the fact is that internet rumors(if they are in fact rumors and false) will have no bearing on when/how VZW or the other carriers release this device. meaning, it doesnt matter if every tech blog site or tech forum on the entire internet says "carrier x isnt getting the nexus" and claim they got the info from here or anywhere else, if they are going to get it then they are going to get it.

I'm getting so sick of the fear mongering that is going on. *cough*p3droid*wheeze*. Can we all just keep talking about the device and wait until the damn thing is released onto carriers before we bitch and moan. Please?

Have a great day.

This thread is filled with many lols and now Hans is having imaginary text conversations with his sister hahahahahaha

I do love to be bagged on though so thank you. I do deserve it..........sometimes.......ok most of the time............ok all of the time :)

Heres too hoping everyones dreams come true. Vote for Pedro and it just may happen. ;p

I was just on YouTube homepage. Under the "Most Viewed" section there were three videos. The second one was Face Unlock on Galaxy Nexus! Take note Verizon!

while i respect what you are getting at with this, the fact is that internet rumors(if they are in fact rumors and false) will have no bearing on when/how VZW or the other carriers release this device. meaning, it doesnt matter if every tech blog site or tech forum on the entire internet says "carrier x isnt getting the nexus" and claim they got the info from here or anywhere else, if they are going to get it then they are going to get it.

That was not the intention of my post...I know the Nexus is coming to Verizon from my own sources who work for the company. My point is that this site and this thread is being used to spread rumors and false information for no other reason than to spread rumors and false information and we can stop it if we choose to.

Carry on

That was not the intention of my post...I know the Nexus is coming to Verizon from my own sources who work for the company. My point is that this site and this thread is being used to spread rumors and false information for no other reason than to spread rumors and false information and we can stop it if we choose to.

Carry on

I do think the Mods (Thanks Steven) have already come down hard on that. But most of the discussion is talking about rumors started elsewhere. CK is really the only person actively skeptic, but even he states clearly it is his own personal opinion, and is based in no way on facts that he is not telling us about.

This thread is filled with many lols and now Hans is having imaginary text conversations with his sister hahahahahaha

I do love to be bagged on though so thank you. I do deserve it..........sometimes.......ok most of the time............ok all of the time :)

Heres too hoping everyones dreams come true. Vote for Pedro and it just may happen. ;p

Every thread needs someone like you CK. You make it interesting...frustrating but also intresting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom