• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root **Official GB leak 2 thread** (was Anyone get OTA 4.5.588? Possibly Gingerbread OTA?)

He installed a non-rooted, and as-yet unrootable, release of Gingerbread, and experienced the issue.

although I do agree that it will be the method once root is available

I know they won't work until root is figured out...

Hey did you guys miss this...

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/316695-p3droid-has-gb-4-5-888-rooted.html

No he hasn't released the root method yet, but it has been rooted. Just waiting for him to release the zip.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
These threads kill me. And I get flamed every time I challenge the source/credibility of them.

Ever notice how almost all of these "internet blogs" end their titles in a question mark? That's because as long as you're only asking--it's not publishing bad information.

Motorola DROID X's Android 2.3 update begins rolling out to users? | PhoneDog

At the bottom of this there's now a denial from Verizon. Which is it then?

It'll be here when it gets here.

Upvote 0
These threads kill me. And I get flamed every time I challenge the source/credibility of them.

Ever notice how almost all of these "internet blogs" end their titles in a question mark? That's because as long as you're only asking--it's not publishing bad information.

Motorola DROID X's Android 2.3 update begins rolling out to users? | PhoneDog

At the bottom of this there's now a denial from Verizon. Which is it then?

It'll be here when it gets here.

It's probably a "leak" for us to beta test for Moto/Verizon.

Upvote 0
It's probably a "leak" for us to beta test for Moto/Verizon.

That's what I'm screaming! :) Basically, and I'm sure most of you follow the same stuff that I do, P3Droid and Cellzealot say that this build is dated 4-10-11. They say that nobody would have time to test this other than the engineer who wrote it and the few who got it in the wild.

If it were me, I'd release a nearly final build to the wild. Why not? You have a few thousand willing beta testers who will not only put your software through the paces, but they will show you how to break your own security so that you can attempt to make it tighter. :cool:

Upvote 0
Once I try to apply update.zip, I get through the verification, but get hung up on a logwrapper error. I used maderstcok.zip back to froyo, re-rooted, DXboostrap installed, and created a clean froyo nandroid backup for later (just incase).

I then uninstalled DXbootsrap, and went in with Root Explorer to clean out the hijack and logwrapper file, and then rename lograpper.bin to lograpper.

Still getting a logwapper error though. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
was dead stock never rooted 2.3.340 went ahead and manually updated to the 4.5.588 OTA. man is it pretty! only problem i have is the media sync arrows staying up. I didnt do a clear/wipe and think im just gonna leave it as is. Ive heard doing so would get rid of the arrows, but any disadvantage to leaving it as is? what would it sync to, or just drain battery? Id rather not start from the beginning (as in fresh wipe or sbf) mostly cause im just too lazy to deal with putting everything back like it is now.

Upvote 0
@Team_Black_Hat Team Black Hat

This is almost ready but a lil more info: this is a multi-part update, don't leave recovery until all 3 parts are flashed.Or u will sbf.

1 minute ago via web

Hmm, I wonder why the 3 part update? Why would this be any different than the last leak?
I think I will pass this time, I'm happy with the last leak... for now. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones