• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ACS] Koni's ELITE Series III - (ES3 - 03/24/11) - The evolution of ELITE!!!

You are D MAN!!!! Thank you thank you kind sir. Where I am in relationship to my towers I need the Data Governor mod because you tube as well as just surfing on 3g Sucks without it.:D Frenchy I am currently running KoniIII do you know if this is compatible. I have a nandroid just curious if you have already applied this mod?

Thanks again Frenchy!

And again Mr Ed I am in debt to you sir!

Charles

Upvote 0
Your recovery is where you flash things. Hold volume and power down at the same time to get into "recovery"...once there...turn of verification...then flash the ROM :)

Sorry for such a noob question Koni but where can I find the verification section to turn it off. I am using Amon Ra 2.3.

I apologize for asking what is a very simple question.

Charles

Upvote 0
You are D MAN!!!! Thank you thank you kind sir. Where I am in relationship to my towers I need the Data Governor mod because you tube as well as just surfing on 3g Sucks without it.:D Frenchy I am currently running KoniIII do you know if this is compatible. I have a nandroid just curious if you have already applied this mod?

Thanks again Frenchy!

And again Mr Ed I am in debt to you sir!

Charles

Everytime I tried flashing this data governor mod i couldnt boot, but maybe it was just me, i tried twice. GIve it a shot and let me know if you get it. Just back up first...

Upvote 0
yes it does work, i have tried it, not sure though if you installed the flash 10.2 update. i'm just having issues when the movie needs verification and asks for user/pwd the keyboard does not show.

Nope no new flash update when i first tried it. i did go download it after your reply and it still does not work. Should i unistall the new flash update?

i downloaded a modded version of flash that suppose to work with the new flash update but cant install it. Any file explorer app i have downloaded will not let me delete/replace libflashplayer.so

i am at a loss. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Upvote 0
Is there a 5 column app drawer flashable mod for ES3? I have one on my ES2 but cant seem to find it

Also, what version of swype do you have? is it updgraded from ES2, or same version?

There is a 5 column app drawer in the OP over at XDA....have to update this OP here today at some point. The link is here

ok so I am a total noob... not sure exactly what I did wrong. Followed the directions and now I keep booting into recovery. The phone never starts I just reboot into REcovery -- Reboot -- Recovery and so on....
any help would be good......

You did the format_all.zip in the same recovery as Flashing the ROM? If you did...what recovery are you using may I ask?

Nope no new flash update when i first tried it. i did go download it after your reply and it still does not work. Should i unistall the new flash update?

i downloaded a modded version of flash that suppose to work with the new flash update but cant install it. Any file explorer app i have downloaded will not let me delete/replace libflashplayer.so

Can you download and install 7-zip...it's free and the best way to bust open and alter any ROM or apk :)

Upvote 0
There is a 5 column app drawer in the OP over at XDA....have to update this OP here today at some point. The link is here

You did the format_all.zip in the same recovery as Flashing the ROM? If you did...what recovery are you using may I ask?

Can you download and install 7-zip...it's free and the best way to bust open and alter any ROM or apk :)

Okay all is good now, I reinstalled the rom and didnt do anything with the flash update. I didnt realize but in Hulu, you got to give it a minute to bring up the video. Shows how little patience i have haha. Anyway thank you for all the advice.

Upvote 0
ok so I am a total noob... not sure exactly what I did wrong. Followed the directions and now I keep booting into recovery. The phone never starts I just reboot into REcovery -- Reboot -- Recovery and so on....
any help would be good......

Holy crap am i glad i never experienced this while rooting... but then again i read every night for at least an an hour in the forums before attempting it so i had a good grasp on what to expect... hugh, we need a touch more info bud.... what method are you employing to root/flash.. where you at bro? lol jk but really, ive us a (not too drawn out) explination of where youre at, and im sure one of us whose still awake will help you out man :)
things we're looking for is what recovery youre using, have you done the wipe properly(make sure you wipe the dalvk cache, etc..) help us help you :)

Reactions: Konikub
Upvote 0

if you are doing what is said in this thread, then you can download terminal emulator and do the following or use adb:

1. copy the libflashplayer.so to your sdcard either by:
1.1 adb - adb remount
adb push libflashplayer.so /sdcard/ (assuming you are in the folder where the libflashplayer.so is)
1.2 usb toggle, just connect your phone to pc then cut and paste file
1.3 bluetooth, then move the file to /sdcard/

2. move file to system
2.1 using adb
adb remount
adb shell
#cd /sdcard
#cp libflashplayer.so /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/
#cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
#chmod 755 libflashplayer.so
#chown system:system libflashplayer.so
2.2 using terminal emulator
$su (type su for root access)
#cd /sdcard
#cp libflashplayer.so /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/
#cd /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
#chmod 755 libflashplayer.so
#chown system:system libflashplayer.so

its just the same with adb and terminal emulator except of course you have to type in your phone in terminal emulator which is kind of difficult if your not use to texting.

i hope this helps :) ... believe it or not i did the terminal emulator just for the heck of it LOL

by the way you know you should be doing this only if you wanted the updated flash but after all is said and done the one on koni's esIII rom hulu is working fine :) ... pls correct me if im wrong

Upvote 0
its just the same with adb and terminal emulator except of course you have to type in your phone in terminal emulator which is kind of difficult if your not use to texting.

i hope this helps :) ... believe it or not i did the terminal emulator just for the heck of it LOL

by the way you know you should be doing this only if you wanted the updated flash but after all is said and done the one on koni's esIII rom hulu is working fine :) ... pls correct me if im wrong[/QUOTE]

I edited the quoted portion to save space, but i had faith that someone would help out, thanks mecampo!!

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I am having trouble trying to install this using ClockworkMod recovery and get the following error:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was depreciated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

This is my first attempt at a flash and I have gone over all of the steps listed in the Rooting for Dummies thread. Any help is appreciated.

Patrick

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I am having trouble trying to install this using ClockworkMod recovery and get the following error:

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

This is my first attempt at a flash and I have gone over all of the steps listed in the Rooting for Dummies thread. Any help is appreciated.

Patrick

You need a different recovery to flash this. You need either clockwork mod 2.6.0.1 or Amon Ra 2.3. I suggest amon ra. Grab the pc36img file and instruction here.

CW 3.0.0.x does not support amend script anymore it has moved to edify, most roms are still amend, the only recovery version that supports both is 2.6.0.1 or ra 2.3.

Upvote 0
You need a different recovery to flash this. You need either clockwork mod 2.6.0.1 or Amon Ra 2.3. I suggest amon ra. Grab the pc36img file and instruction here.

CW 3.0.0.x does not support amend script anymore it has moved to edify, most roms are still amend, the only recovery version that supports both is 2.6.0.1 or ra 2.3.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm going to give this a shot tonight when I get home.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm going to give this a shot tonight when I get home.

Best to do it now before you have a lot of back ups. because a clockwork back up is incompatible with RA backup and vice versa.

Nandroid back up your current set up with clcokwork whatever you have and copy it to your lap top just in case is my suggestion.

Its super easy, should only take a few minutes to switch recoveries. then back up in your new recovery and flash away.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Installation aborted.

Patrick

i get the same thing..i mean i did install the rom n not the Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL zip..and the rom works but what does the Format all file do? i dotn want to miss anything on the rom cause its amazing..

also call this a noob question but how do you get all of ur contacts n apps restored back onto ur phone once u switched to elite 3? please and thank you for your help in advance

Upvote 0
i get the same thing..i mean i did install the rom n not the Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL zip..and the rom works but what does the Format all file do? i dotn want to miss anything on the rom cause its amazing..

also call this a noob question but how do you get all of ur contacts n apps restored back onto ur phone once u switched to elite 3? please and thank you for your help in advance

How do you get the same thing and yet the rom works? That said install aborted. It would not install if it was amend script and you were using clockwork 3.0.0.x...please clarify.

Calkulins format all is a zip we use to quickly wipe the entire BSDC before we flash a new rom. Its supposed to be a complete wipe and eliminates me having to click wipe everything separetely so i dont miss anything. I still wipe everything by hand also though.

I use titanium back up to back up all of my apps so i can restore them. I use sms back up to restore sms messages, and my contacts back uo with google so they just re-appear when i link to google account...

Reactions: Konikub
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones