• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

I do have a card reader and probably an adaptor around somewhere. Can I take my sd card out of my phone while my phone is still on sitting in twrp?

Im on an older computer so I highly doubt my USB is 3.0. Ill try looking on here.

Shouldn't be a problem. Unmount it for the heck of it lol. Through twrp though it didn't seem to mount when you tried.

I cant stay awake. I gotta get up for work in less than 4 hours and I havent slept yet. Im going to try and sleep just a couple hours. This is terrible timing but I have got to get some sleep. Ive fallen asleep like 6 or 8 times typing this. Im gonna try to comeback and try this tonight. So with the sd card, I just want to go Mount in TWRP and hit mount usb storage and take my sd card out and do my thing with the Awe.zip, load the sd card back, and go from there? If so, what tab do I wanna use to flash it on? Im guessing install.

Yes the install tab and make sure it is on external storage and find where you put the zip and it should work with no problems. Let us know how it goes when you have the time. By the way welcome to our great community of support for are phone.

Alright, Im back and ready to get this problem dealt with. I need to get Awe.zip on my sd card and go about it that way. My CPU isnt recognizing my internal card reader for some reason but I never had trouble with the cpu picking it up hooked up in my phone connected via mtp. So Im wondering if it is safe to unplug the my Awe from the computer. My terminal window is still open and my phone is in TWRP. Im thinking that if I can unplug my phone, I can get my sd card into another Awe and transfer Awe.zip and simply reinsert the sd card into my Awe im trying to fix and go from there installing.

It is my understanding that at this point, I failed getting the rom installed but TWRP is installed. If that is the case, can I turn my phone off and boot into TWRP despite having no rom at the moment? If so, I figure that I should have no problem at all as I can insert the sd card with my Awe off and simply boot into TWRP. Im worried that as it stands with my Awe still powered on in TWRP, it wont read new files on sd card when I reinsert it. I had accidently took it out before unmounting...

Thanks for the welcome! It is a comforting feeling knowing I have a bricked phone yet need not to worry because Ive got a community with a rich wealth of knowledge in this arena :)

Alright, Im back and ready to get this problem dealt with. I need to get Awe.zip on my sd card and go about it that way. My CPU isnt recognizing my internal card reader for some reason but I never had trouble with the cpu picking it up hooked up in my phone connected via mtp. So Im wondering if it is safe to unplug the my Awe from the computer. My terminal window is still open and my phone is in TWRP. Im thinking that if I can unplug my phone, I can get my sd card into another Awe and transfer Awe.zip and simply reinsert the sd card into my Awe im trying to fix and go from there installing.

It is my understanding that at this point, I failed getting the rom installed but TWRP is installed. If that is the case, can I turn my phone off and boot into TWRP despite having no rom at the moment? If so, I figure that I should have no problem at all as I can insert the sd card with my Awe off and simply boot into TWRP. Im worried that as it stands with my Awe still powered on in TWRP, it wont read new files on sd card when I reinsert it. I had accidently took it out before unmounting...

Thanks for the welcome! It is a comforting feeling knowing I have a bricked phone yet need not to worry because Ive got a community with a rich wealth of knowledge in this arena :)
Just re fastboot to twrp as needed

Got it done! Thanks everyone for all the help in this thread and a few others as well!

I ended up putting my sd card into a 2nd Awe, downloaded Awe.zip, put sd card back in my Awe, wiped again just to be careful, and selected the Awe.zip to Install and 2 minutes later, I was good and phone was booting up. It took forever to boot up but Im guessing thats from being a fresh install. I must say it looks very nice thus far. I had a couple errors come up but I cant remember what they are and thus far havent affected me. Im anxious to try our the tether app thats included. Im also going to have figure out what Nova, Xposed, Terminal Emulator, and Apollo are. I think it may have said on the first post, Ill have to check. Terminal Emulator sounds obvious but Im not sure what the point of it would be in this case.

Anyways, a ton of thanks to everyone here, particularly you vets that stuck online on here with me at times.

Who likes batterys!!! Working with the dev now to get the 3minit battery mod!!! Needs a little tweaking to work with our device
5fa065084c863e37d62007147f8b372b.jpg
fd2cb71f95de6965974003e5c854dd6a.jpg

You guys have already done so much crazy stuff with this rom... there is one thing that is probably difficult to work into this rom that I miss from the kitkats, and thats full screen album artwork on the lockscreen when music is playing via spotify, apollo or whatever. I don't know why I just kinda think its cool when listening to your tunes to see it on there when you open your phone.

You guys have already done so much crazy stuff with this rom... there is one thing that is probably difficult to work into this rom that I miss from the kitkats, and thats full screen album artwork on the lockscreen when music is playing via spotify, apollo or whatever. I don't know why I just kinda think its cool when listening to your tunes to see it on there when you open your phone.
That hasnt been implemented yet but I'd recommend giving this a try. Haven't used it myself but looks promising.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-kitkat-music-lockscreen-t2625213

My new AWE should be delivered sometime this weekend. Should I activate the phone first and then install this ROM, or should I install this ROM and then activate the phone? I have the Elite and the grandfathered $25 plan that I'd like to keep.

Looking forward to seeing the latest updates to this ROM. Thanks for all the work that has gone into building this ROM.

don't really matter if u do before its simple has the activation in the factory ROM I'd did it was so simple its just ur preference that my option in the end it ur choice:)

Back
Top Bottom