• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

The first one is of the settings. It's kind of annoying because you have to "start service" every time your phone reboots for it to work. Also only works with music on your phone, not for example Spotify or similar service.

After I tried using it this time, I think it isn't doing anything actually. After I uninstalled the module again and restarted the artwork still looked the same as seen in the screenshots. It's the same with or withot KK Artwork installed.

Attachments

• kkartworksettings.jpg
    kkartworksettings.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 119
  • kkscreen1.jpg
    kkscreen1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 85
  • kkscreen2.jpg
    kkscreen2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 107
A few quick questions. Stability? Are many using this as a daily? And seeing as my Awe will arrive thursday afternoon and I will need to get root and get twrp on the device I need a link to a definitive and reliable guide to achieve this for the awe. I do not want a bootloop following a guide that isnt up to date or clear in what steps need to be taken.

Thanks all. And look forward to some "Awe" inspiring stuff with this device. Im coming over from the HTC One V and previously the LG Optimus Elite,V,etc,etc..looking forward to cooking up a few things on the Awe.

A few quick questions. Stability? Are many using this as a daily? And seeing as my Awe will arrive thursday afternoon and I will need to get root and get twrp on the device I need a link to a definitive and reliable guide to achieve this for the awe. I do not want a bootloop following a guide that isnt up to date or clear in what steps need to be taken.

Thanks all. And look forward to some "Awe" inspiring stuff with this device. Im coming over from the HTC One V and previously the LG Optimus Elite,V,etc,etc..looking forward to cooking up a few things on the Awe.
If u are installing a ROM u do not need to root or install recovery... It depends on what u want to do... So what are u looking to do in the end??

Just thought I'd say Audio Rocks! I never gave Acid SU permissions this time around and disabled Dolby mobile and I've got Viper4 android installed.... and even without viper enabled, the music is sooo much louder, it disables the LPA (low powered audio) setting in the stock build.prop

I am on stock Android, 4.1.2 ROM, the one that came with the Virgin Mobile Awe, and I am looking into installing this. Since I am not rooted, how would I go about backing up IMEI? Would I have to worry about anything going wrong when sticking on the same kernel?

Just thought I'd say Audio Rocks! I never gave Acid SU permissions this time around and disabled Dolby mobile and I've got Viper4 android installed.... and even without viper enabled, the music is sooo much louder, it disables the LPA (low powered audio) setting in the stock build.prop

I tried to get viper4android to work b4 but couldn't maybe wrong driver ?

Pretty much get rooted,I think I have utility on hand for that,get twrp on the device...adb fastboot should take care of that for me..and i assume after that i should be able to install any rom offered unless the awe has different requirements..still trying to catch up on all that..a lot to read to catch me up..not needing root is a new one to me as far as installing recoveries and roms..so whats the scoop on this?

I tried to get viper4android to work b4 but couldn't maybe wrong driver ?

K, you're going to want to download this (pulled from the official Viper4android website) http://www.mediafire.com/?cz6l67mk81zsyq4

... It's being maintained separately from the play store, DON'T use the play store version if you want a good functional version...

Anyhow the zip you'll download will need to be extracted and it will contain 2 apps, one is for 2.X android and the other is for 4.X.... Obviously install the 4.X one as that is the version of android our phone operates with and above.

After you get the app installed, you'll open it up and immediately it'll want you to okay the install of a driver, it'll ask you what quality of audio you want to install a driver for (I chose super quality) .... Once you choose it'll ask you to reboot, so do so and after that you should be good to go into the app and enable the Master Power option at the very top and play around with the rest of the settings while you're playing some music, so that you can find out what sounds best to you.

Pretty much get rooted,I think I have utility on hand for that,get twrp on the device...adb fastboot should take care of that for me..and i assume after that i should be able to install any rom offered unless the awe has different requirements..still trying to catch up on all that..a lot to read to catch me up..not needing root is a new one to me as far as installing recoveries and roms..so whats the scoop on this?
Since ur posting in this thread I'm going to assume u want to install this ROM... Just download stock install kit and follow the included instructions... A fastbooted custom recovery is all that's need to install any ROM...

Is there anything I should worry about when installing this ROM on my Stock AWE that's not rooted? Could this brick my device? What happens to the stock ROM that came with my phone after I install this? Does the phone stay activated? Will this work on the latest firmware update from Virgin on this phone?

it will stay activated if u follow the instructions posted u should not brick ur phone read them carefully to make sure u under stand it.if u have any questions or need help there is plenty of people here who can help and answer questions happy flashing

it will stay activated if u follow the instructions posted u should not brick ur phone read them carefully to make sure u under stand it.if u have any questions or need help there is plenty of people here who can help and answer questions happy flashing

I understand the instructions, I am just scared of bricking my phone as this is my primary phone, and my only phone for a while.

I understand the instructions, I am just scared of bricking my phone as this is my primary phone, and my only phone for a while.

I wouldn't worry. It's pretty simple especially since root is included with the rom(s), and everyone around here is really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom