• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

7ab1493be19aa0cbaf4a1eae166aa703.jpg

Got it;) i misunderstood what u ment at first lol

not at the moment....
im sure zram is gonna be used later on down the road. one thing i noticed about my implementation is that if you add 2 or more zram block devices, it'll SLOOWWWWW down, things start crashing, because of page faults. im working through this, although while having one big zram block device, my lil phone is fine (butter)

not at the moment....
im sure zram is gonna be used later on down the road. one thing i noticed about my implementation is that if you add 2 or more zram block devices, it'll SLOOWWWWW down, things start crashing, because of page faults. im working through this, although while having one big zram block device, my lil phone is fine (butter)

keep in mind that zram gives you more memory at the expense of cpu cycles and latency, there's a tradeoff made. IMHO on a 1gb device like ours its of limited use, for now. That is, until Android bloats more.

this adb root shell is quite limited (after chmod 4755), it does dd, remount, and other things just fine but more advanced stuff you will still need to call su as the shell (such as writing to /system otherwise you get permission denied with #)
also it may just be me, but im having trouble getting things with chmod to stick in /system also, which may or may not be part of the whole root shell problem...

this adb root shell is quite limited (after chmod 4755), it does dd, remount, and other things just fine but more advanced stuff you will still need to call su as the shell (such as writing to /system otherwise you get permission denied with #)
also it may just be me, but im having trouble getting things with chmod to stick in /system also, which may or may not be part of the whole root shell problem...
If you type "adb remount" in term it says "adb device not found"... I wonder if its mounting partitions correctly?

i believe you are trying to do that from inside an adb shell. at that point, you are calling the binary that is on the phone, as android roms are bundled with adb so you can adb into OTHER devices. to remount system, you'd want to do either:
adb shell and then "mount -o remount,rw /system"
or
adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"

it seems like my /data is being mounted as jbd2 (ext4 debugging) instead of ext4 because in my processes jbd2 daemon is CONSTANTLY writing to /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 which is /data partition

i believe you are trying to do that from inside an adb shell. at that point, you are calling the binary that is on the phone, as android roms are bundled with adb so you can adb into OTHER devices. to remount system, you'd want to do either:
adb shell and then "mount -o remount,rw /system"
or
adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"

it seems like my /data is being mounted as jbd2 (ext4 debugging) instead of ext4 because in my processes jbd2 daemon is CONSTANTLY writing to /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 which is /data partition

Yeah I have not had issues with doing the commands like that...I've read some things on stack overflow and there some people say its a problem with internal SD /emmc failure. Which doesn't really make sense.

i think zte gave us REALLY BAD emmc chips...i've had lockups (where /system will not format nor mount) so I had to zero it out, and then format it again.....not everyone knows how to do this though.

i think zte gave us REALLY BAD emmc chips...i've had lockups (where /system will not format nor mount) so I had to zero it out, and then format it again.....not everyone knows how to do this though.
I've been doing reading and the emmc issue is almost manufacturer wide...blue light of death on the Galaxy S3/4, the MotoG/X. Yeah I've read how to clear it and fully format it on XDA but I wouldn't recommend someone who's not experienced doing it.

im almost sure our corruption is from the kernel. my first time dealing with it was while on stock rom and stock kernel. it somehow nuked part of my system partition and my entire boot partition. i couldnt even access recovery. thats what led to us finding a hard brick fix solution even if you nuked aboot (main bootloader). from there cooldudezach found out how to repartition the devices emmc. looking deep in the kernel source there was a broken driver that could log kernel events to a partition dedicated to logs, and attempt to log even with a kernel panic. i was thinking of setting this up by shrinking /data or /persist by ~10mb and creating /kpanic but im still brainstorming

Any way you guys could implement the quick toggles like the kitkat roms. We have the look but this really would be the icing on the cake. In a matter of fact I think I will eat some now lol. Have a great extended weekend. I will work on some guides later tonight.

Any way you guys could implement the quick toggles like the kitkat roms. We have the look but this really would be the icing on the cake. In a matter of fact I think I will eat some now lol. Have a great extended weekend. I will work on some guides later tonight.
Do you mean the live tiles like WiFi, signal etc?

I just now have got back to trying to get my Awe flashed with a new rom and all. The root had succeeded for me previously but I basically left off from there. My 12 year old Shih Tzu had to be put down and its taken some time to get any motivation to do this or anything else besides go to work. Anyways, I was away for a little while so I decided to look around a bit Rom wise to see if I found anything I might favor over Moonshine. I ended up deciding on this after reading through the topic.

Ive got the stock no root version downloaded. I am rooted but have no twrp or anything yet so I figured to go ahead and just use this. Upon looking in the instructions, I noticed that these were Windows instructions. Im a new Linux user and very much still learning the Terminal but based on what I have read in other topics, wouldnt these Windows instructions be the same as what I would need for Linux? PDA Net is not needed I realize but Im referring more towards the Command Line instructions. I would simply need to insert sudo/ in front of these commands if I understand correct. Im really tempted to just try it out but Id hate to brick my phone too. I also would like to make a backup (assuming I should) but didnt notice any instructions on that.

I know alot of this if not all is covered elsewhere here and Ive probably even read it but for whatever reason, its coming to me. I think its perhaps Im just still a bit too timid being that I have not done this with Android at all. Really, I think about it and I would say this goes a bit past my experience flashing wp7 updates and such on an original Samsung Focus though it was a bit tedious :)

Thanks for all the help before and in the future. Even with being new and unfamiliar, Ive read enough to know several experts are here and willing to help and that is a good feeling.

Back
Top Bottom