• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

I use Tickerguy's CM7 (v7) and noticed that if I use Titanium Market Tools>Market Doctor>User &, System apps that Titanium shows a bunch of System apps without links to the Market. Apps like Screenshot 1.0.0 and Google Search 1.1.2.

My question is, should I connect these System Apps to the Market or will it screw things up? I would hope that connecting these apps to the Market, it would allow me to know if there is a new version of these system apps available. However I don't know whether these apps are unique because of the CM7 TG ROM. Further I am not even sure that the market updates System Apps.

I have played with this feature before on my user apps and got some unintended results, especially with the apps downloaded from non-market areas like Amazon. Took a while to sort that out, and don't want to have the same issue with the more critical system apps. Thanks for your responding with your experiences.

NO.

Those are internal pieces of CM7. If you connect them to the market they will likely "connect" to the wrong things and will likely break the phone at some point in the future and probably after a fair bit of time when an "update" (which isn't really an update) overwrites something important.

The Screenshot functionality is one of these -- the CM7 code actually calls a binary executable to grab the frame. It literally does nothing other than execute that binary and check the return code! Needless to say all the market "Screenshot" apps do something very different.

Reactions: samhande
Upvote 0
has anyone managed to return their phone to the store they purchased from and get an exchange for free??? i did it at radioshack and this guy happily agreed to take my phone(after i restored it to stock recovery and rom) i use my phone for work half the time, im a stock on the path to management and i have a chance to be an assistant manager. i use my phone to record the stock and asend info between my co workers and my bosses. and sometimes pics of problems. so yeah i love my phone. oh yeah the reason why i swapped is that my ffc is f*cked up, i have dust under my screen, and my charging port is acting up. i love radio shack
I replaced mine 3 times at best buy lol, the first one wouldn't charge, second one had screen bleed through, third had screen indents, the fourth one worked fine :D. It pissed me off had to replace my phone so many times. :mad:

Upvote 0
I replaced mine 3 times at best buy lol, the first one wouldn't charge, second one had screen bleed through, third had screen indents, the fourth one worked fine :D. It pissed me off had to replace my phone so many times. :mad:

I had a similar issue. My first one had issues with the search key not operating and my second one wouldn't charge. My third one has been perfect though.

Upvote 0
A while back someone told me that setting the min frequency lower would improve my battery life but I was just reading someone else who said that this can be bad for the phone?

Right now I am using smartass v2 with the min set to 122mhz and the max set to 1.024 ghz. I am using deadline as my i/o scheduler.

Is this an ok configuration?

Upvote 0
A while back someone told me that setting the min frequency lower would improve my battery life but I was just reading someone else who said that this can be bad for the phone?

Right now I am using smartass v2 with the min set to 122mhz and the max set to 1.024 ghz. I am using deadline as my i/o scheduler.

Is this an ok configuration?

Tickerguy recommended no less than a 245MHz minimum.... it's his Rom but the 122MHz setting is there. I have an extra battery and external charger so I go 368 minimum...I like juice defender moderate default setting to improve my battery life. I also overclock to 1.4GHz and still get much better battery life than stock Rom...Tickerguy also doesn't recommend overclocking either....to each their own, especially if you have no issues with the Rom.

Upvote 0
Tickerguy recommended no less than a 245MHz minimum.... it's his Rom but the 122MHz setting is there. I have an extra battery and external charger so I go 368 minimum...I like juice defender moderate default setting to improve my battery life. I also overclock to 1.4GHz and still get much better battery life than stock Rom...Tickerguy also doesn't recommend overclocking either....to each their own, especially if you have no issues with the Rom.

I have always ran mine at 122 min 1024 max and have seen the best battery life without any hangs, reboots, ect. I agree with fototogo, it is to each their own. I think you are just fine with your set up (as I've used it since I bought the phone. :) )

Upvote 0
Hey any chance we can get the new Roboto font as default in the next build?

I second this request. I'm coming from CM7 on Optimus V, and all the CM7 builders have switched to the Roboto font (saves some steps for the user), nobody's complained and it does look a lot better, Google spent some time designing it for ICS, so it should really be the new default.

Upvote 0
Anyone else having an issue with text messages not going to the correct person? Think I just lost my girl but I have had on more than one occasion someone text me in response to a message that I did not send them and can see it listed under the correct persons thread as sent and not under the thread of the person who actually received the text. Should also mention I’m using the stock cm7 text app and not a third party app before a barrage of posts come along blaming third party sms apps as I am not using one.

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup has a new option to integrate Dalvik elements into ROM. Does this have any application for our ROM (TG's CM7)?

Being the idiot experimenter, I tried this new Titanium feature. It was available for only 2 apps (Can't remember which ones). It neither appears to have helped nor hindered (famous last words).

Upvote 0
Anyone had any sound issues? Notifications just make a click over the speaker, and phone calls have no audio either way. Everything was working fine before. This *may* have started last night when my phone rebooted.

I rebooted and notification audio came back, but it seemed to screw up again as soon as I tried to make a phone call.

I haven't cleared any data or anything yet to see if that fixes it. Just wondering if anything has seen something similar.

Upvote 0
I just tested the Wifi hotspot. It worked but only in the "open" setting without a password. WPA2 was a no go. My laptop can see it but stays at the "connecting" prompt indefinately after I enter the password. Not a big deal, but does anyone know why WPA2 would not work? My laptop is on Widows XP, if that makes any difference.

How old is your laptop and how old is your wifi adapter in your laptop? Perhaps, it's too old to support WPA2?

Reactions: GingerHail
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones