• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

Good to know... I'll try that.
It seems like I remember TG fixing wifi or something by keeping the phone out of deep sleep. I wonder if there is a similar issue here.
My stereo headset is Moto S9hd and my hands free bluetooth is a Moto T325

Edit:
Got the wakelock app. Will test it on the way home.

Can this be automated with Tasker?
Like when ever BT is turned on, enable partial_wake_lock
Anyone?

Automating it with Tasker would be the ultimate fix, no doubt.

I just tried the Wake Lock app and can confirm that the BT connection holds after more than five minutes of inactivity. HURRAH!! :D

Man, this issue was nagging me ever since I got the phone since I really wanted to use my BT headset with the Triumph. I just hope battery drain isn't too big of an issue.

This fix probably deserves a sticky thread of its own.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Triumph, and VM. I had an OG Droid for ~2 years and went through just about every ROM imaginable on it with no problems. Followed the directions at the beginning of this thread, both the video and written instructions. When it first boots, it wants me to sign in with my Google account. I can't, it fails every time, there is no 3G connection. I have to skip it, set up wifi, and then add the account. Also, none of the gapps show up, even though it was flashed right after the ROM, before rebooting. And then again when I noticed they weren't on there. Cannot get a 3g connection, tried the airplane mode on/off trick, nothing. Restored nandroid stock, everything worked. Tried to put CM7 back on again, same results. Any idea's? I don't like 2.2. Thanks everyone, have a great day!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Triumph, and VM. I had an OG Droid for ~2 years and went through just about every ROM imaginable on it with no problems. Followed the directions at the beginning of this thread, both the video and written instructions. When it first boots, it wants me to sign in with my Google account. I can't, it fails every time, there is no 3G connection. I have to skip it, set up wifi, and then add the account. Also, none of the gapps show up, even though it was flashed right after the ROM, before rebooting. And then again when I noticed they weren't on there. Cannot get a 3g connection, tried the airplane mode on/off trick, nothing. Restored nandroid stock, everything worked. Tried to put CM7 back on again, same results. Any idea's? I don't like 2.2. Thanks everyone, have a great day!

Maybe you had a corrupted download, try again using a different transfer method (or different sdcard).

If you didn't provision the phone properly using the stock rom first, that would explain the last of 3G.

After poking around on the xda ideos X6 forum (same hardware as Triumph), I found that a guy got 2-way call recording to work on cm7 (he modified tickerguy's cm7 code base).

I believe the mod requires a patch to two kernel .c files, but I'm hoping someone better qualified than I can confirm this.

CM7 (2.3.7) Android for Huawei x6, Csl Mi-410 and other fb0 device (update 11/12) - xda-developers

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-...c7b5bc90b94bd4c13424751ace1ef9811694d9#diff-0

So I took a look at this. I added it to theOC kernel and tested it and it works pretty good. The only downside is that you need to get the app CallRecorder to be able to use the function correctly. It will be in the next kernel release whenever that is. hopefully in the next couple of days with all of the holiday stuff going on...

Hello everyone!
I just got my Triumph and installed CM7. Everything is working great and I'm loving it but I have run into one issue. The accelerometer seems to have a little bit of lag. Its just enough that games that rely on the accelerometer such as Abduction become very difficult to play. I have tested 3 different games and all have the same issue. I did a quick search and found a couple of people with the same problems way back but no one offered up a solution. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I can not get the FFC to work at all for me. Any time I try it, I get a message that says "Cannot connect to camera."

Then if I hit ok, it closes the camera menu completely..While the message is visible I have to hit search to get back to the menu where I can switch to the rear camera.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

I can not get the FFC to work at all for me. Any time I try it, I get a message that says "Cannot connect to camera."

Then if I hit ok, it closes the camera menu completely..While the message is visible I have to hit search to get back to the menu where I can switch to the rear camera.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Have you tried to reflash your phone that might help.

hmm for some reason i cant get wifi working.. it shows scanning then authenticating then disconnects and repeats.

anyone else have this problem?

Someone please help. My windows pc won't open the "recovery img" . It won't extract it because it says something about the file valid archive and it tells me to try downloading the file again. I tried win zip and winrar all it does is extract it as the same thing it is...just a win zip file. Anyone have any ideas on this?!

Someone please help. My windows pc won't open the "recovery img" . It won't extract it because it says something about the file valid archive and it tells me to try downloading the file again. I tried win zip and winrar all it does is extract it as the same thing it is...just a win zip file. Anyone have any ideas on this?!

You don't "open" the recovery.img file. What exactly are you trying to do?

You don't "open" the recovery.img file. What exactly are you trying to do?

Thanks for the reply...

My end result is to install cyn so I'm trying to do the first step in putting clockwork on the phone. So I downloaded the latest clockwork 5.0.2.6 .. Then I'm trying to extract the folder so I can get to the .img file. I try to extract it and it just extracts it as a zip file still... Like the original. And I also have the error of "does not seem to be a valid archive please try downloading the file again."

Unless this zip file is what it is..... Or maybe the downloaded file is corrupted for some reason? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply...

My end result is to install cyn so I'm trying to do the first step in putting clockwork on the phone. So I downloaded the latest clockwork 5.0.2.6 .. Then I'm trying to extract the folder so I can get to the .img file. I try to extract it and it just extracts it as a zip file still... Like the original. And I also have the error of "does not seem to be a valid archive please try downloading the file again."

Unless this zip file is what it is..... Or maybe the downloaded file is corrupted for some reason? What am I doing wrong?

The file that is named "recovery.img" IS the clockworkmod recovery file. You don't need to extract it any further. Once you have the recovery.img file, then you need to follow the rest of the instructions to move it onto your phone. Here's a link by agentc13 that lists all of the steps for you:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...stalling-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

The file that is named "recovery.img" IS the clockworkmod recovery file. You don't need to extract it any further. Once you have the recovery.img file, then you need to follow the rest of the instructions to move it onto your phone. Here's a link by agentc13 that lists all of the steps for you:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...stalling-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

Alright.. so the extracted file is still a zip file? I know this because my cursor over the icon says zip..

Anyone get LGCamera working? The audio recording on the regular camcorder sounds like complete garbage and the adjustments LGCamera lets me make really helps. Whenever i record with it, it just freezes the video feed. Then when i try to review the video, it says "video cannot be played."

Yes, if you have WinZip installed, the icon for the recovery.img file will be the winzip icon and it will say a "zip file".

So there is a new problem now.. I have moved the new recovery into the image folder of the phone and deleted the old. When I try to boot into recovery using the vol buttons and power, it just vibrates..... No boot logo. Whats going on?!

So there is a new problem now.. I have moved the new recovery into the image folder of the phone and deleted the old. When I try to boot into recovery using the vol buttons and power, it just vibrates..... No boot logo. Whats going on?!

You renamed the old recovery to something else,and named the new one recovery.img? What OS is your computer? Do you have the extensions enabled so you can see them (.img .ext .pdf etc)?

also i am using windows 7 and i havent renamed the recovery file. i moved the original on the phone to the desktop and moved the downloaded recov to the phone

Back
Top Bottom