• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

The issue with the free memory is the dalvik heap garbage collection -- basically, you want to avoid that if possible as it's nasty in terms of the impact on performance.

The kernel is fine but Android's GC is, well, somewhat stinky. Some day I might actually go through their Dalvik code and see if I can improve it (this is not trivial and if you create problems in there you will get all sorts of really flaky behavior -- so tread carefully if you decide to go play!) and this is a very common area for issues in general among programs -- heap management and garbage collection is a tricky business to not only do right but do fast. Dalvik does a passable job of it -- but I suspect it could be improved.

So is this why you recommend the minimum free RAM to be around 100MB? At least until this issue is fixed?
I have my minfree set at 32MB and the sluggishness is horrid when it dips into the 40MB range. Its almost not worth the "true multitasking" that no wasted RAM brings.
So one of us tackling the heap management issue would correct this? Just making sure I understand this right :)
Thanks for your insight.

Hi. I'm new here. I have a Triumph (obviously) and installed the CM7 rom. Got everything working and running, except I still have one problem. When ever I play almost any game, after about ~10 minutes or so, the game will freeze for about ~15 seconds and then continue as normal. Then again after said time and repeat. Very annoying if I say so.

My setup right now is Final CM7 rom, with theOC kernal 1.5, thunderbolt .prop, GAPPS, and CWM 5.0.2.7.

What I have tried so far to fix this problem:
-Install the rom without additions (kernal, etc)
-Different lowmemkiller settings
-Overclocked AND underclocked the CPU (no diffference at all, except loading times; 700MHz to 2016MHz)

Any help to resolve this annoying issue would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. This problem only happens with this particular rom. It NEVER happened on the princely 2.7 rom or stock.

Does anyone know why this happens? I had to reflash my old Prince ROM to get games to run properly again. Not a single person knows any reason what so ever as to why this happens?

Hi. I'm new here. I have a Triumph (obviously) and installed the CM7 rom. Got everything working and running, except I still have one problem. When ever I play almost any game, after about ~10 minutes or so, the game will freeze for about ~15 seconds and then continue as normal. Then again after said time and repeat. Very annoying if I say so.

My setup right now is Final CM7 rom, with theOC kernal 1.5, thunderbolt .prop, GAPPS, and CWM 5.0.2.7.

What I have tried so far to fix this problem:
-Install the rom without additions (kernal, etc)
-Different lowmemkiller settings
-Overclocked AND underclocked the CPU (no diffference at all, except loading times; 700MHz to 2016MHz)

Any help to resolve this annoying issue would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. This problem only happens with this particular rom. It NEVER happened on the princely 2.7 rom or stock.

Sounds like the OS is doing background cleanup. Have you tried disabling CM Settings - Performance - Allow Asset Purging & reboot? Which lowmemkiller settings have you tried? I'm thinking try both extremes, 24 MB max & 100MB max to see if there's any difference.

Sounds like the OS is doing background cleanup. Have you tried disabling CM Settings - Performance - Allow Asset Purging & reboot? Which lowmemkiller settings have you tried? I'm thinking try both extremes, 24 MB max & 100MB max to see if there's any difference.

I've tried both the ROM defaults and the 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192 from above for lowmemorykiller. The latter one seems to work better.

I've tried both the ROM defaults and the 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192 from above for lowmemorykiller. The latter one seems to work better.
Have you tried reflashing? I've never had that problem and until recently I've a;ways used the default settings.

Have you tried reflashing? I've never had that problem and until recently I've a;ways used the default settings.

Yes. I've tried the CM7 with GAPPS w/ TALK and OC v1.5 kernal. Still jittery. I reflashed with the CM7 rom with only GAPPS. Still the same thing. All I had installed was Inotia 3 and GTA 3.

Funny part is that with any other rom the phone is 100% fine.

Also, I checked the Asset option in settings and it was never checked, so for the fun of it, I checked restarted and tried. Same thing.

Yes. I've tried the CM7 with GAPPS w/ TALK and OC v1.5 kernal. Still jittery. I reflashed with the CM7 rom with only GAPPS. Still the same thing. All I had installed was Inotia 3 and GTA 3.

Funny part is that with any other rom the phone is 100% fine.

Also, I checked the Asset option in settings and it was never checked, so for the fun of it, I checked restarted and tried. Same thing.

It could be just a thing with Gingerbread based roms (You mentioned stock & Princely, which are 2.2, CM7 & MIUI are 2.3 based). There are drastic changes between the two types of ROMs.

It could be just a thing with Gingerbread based roms (You mentioned stock & Princely, which are 2.2, CM7 & MIUI are 2.3 based). There are drastic changes between the two types of ROMs.

Maybe. All I know is that it really makes games unplayable on this phone (which is what I do at work 70% of the time). It's like playing the game for a few minutes, then having to restart again and again. Very annoying, if you know what I mean.

When are we getting ICS again? :o

I like to report that with this ROM I can not listen to internet radio, usually for internet radio I used the stock web browser (MIUI) or dolphin, but I can do it with both MIUI and the stock ROM, but not with CM7 even after installing Dolphin. I noticed that all need adobe flash but even if I install flash it won't work on this ROM. Everything else seems fine except for the obvious HDMI issue, is there any chance of correcting that issue?

I like to report that with this ROM I can not listen to internet radio, usually for internet radio I used the stock web browser (MIUI) or dolphin, but I can do it with both MIUI and the stock ROM, but not with CM7 even after installing Dolphin. I noticed that all need adobe flash but even if I install flash it won't work on this ROM. Everything else seems fine except for the obvious HDMI issue, is there any chance of correcting that issue?

I've used flash 11 with Dolphin Mini on this ROM to watch flash videos and it works. Also used pandora for internet radio, works fine. So it must be some combination that's not working for you, try changing it up a bit (different site, different settings, clearing the app caches, reinstalling the apps, 3G, wifi, different cpu governor settings).

Thanks Whyzor I have not tried another site for sure, but I know is only this ROM because with the stock ROM and MIUI I can listen to this site, which by the way is from my home country, so going to another site does not work for me. I have tried another link from another site for this same station but it is the same. Again is only with this ROM.

As far as the minfree settings go, I have found these values to be my sweetspot:

1536, 2048, 4096, 5120, 15360, 23040

With these settings, free RAM typically stays between 70MB and 95MB. Any lower and I experience sluggishness when RAM drops below 50MB or so especially during gameplay. Any higher, and apps I send to background get killed off too quickly.
I have tested by playing Shadowgun for two days now and have had no freezing as of yet with these settings. I also disable "Keep Home in Memory" when playing graphic intensive games.

Everyone has their own personalized settings, I just thought I would share mine :)

My wifi is "ON" but not actually connected to anything since I use my bluetooth headset in my car only.

I don't have any special settings. I also don't use Juice Defender or any other sort of automatic control apps so if you are, make sure that the apps are not shutting down your bluetooth thinking that it should be off if you're not using it.

I'm also having issues with the Bluetooth not staying connected after a few minutes of inactivity. I don't have any automatic control apps or Juice Defender.

I did notice that when the phone is connected to a power source, the Bluetooth remains on. Perhaps the reason you're not experiencing any issues is because your phone is plugged in?

After poking around on the xda ideos X6 forum (same hardware as Triumph), I found that a guy got 2-way call recording to work on cm7 (he modified tickerguy's cm7 code base).

I believe the mod requires a patch to two kernel .c files, but I'm hoping someone better qualified than I can confirm this.

CM7 (2.3.7) Android for Huawei x6, Csl Mi-410 and other fb0 device (update 11/12) - xda-developers

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-...c7b5bc90b94bd4c13424751ace1ef9811694d9#diff-0

I'll take a look and compare to my files and see if I can add it to theOC kernel if it's viable.

I'm also having issues with the Bluetooth not staying connected after a few minutes of inactivity. I don't have any automatic control apps or Juice Defender.

I did notice that when the phone is connected to a power source, the Bluetooth remains on. Perhaps the reason you're not experiencing any issues is because your phone is plugged in?

I found a program called "Wake Lock" that keeps the bluetooth connected if you use the "PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK" option. I wish I knew a bit more about android so I write a script that only acquires partial wake lock while bluetooth is connected because it uses a bit more battery than usual.

Nope. I don't plug in my phone in my car unless it's dead (the phone, not the car) or I'm using gps which I don't do unless I'm lost...

Edit: I'm curious. What settings are you all using in your Bluetooth Settings? Mine are:

Bluetooth: checked (need this checked to enable bluetooth)
Device name: MOTWX435KT (the default name I haven't changed it)
Discoverable: unchecked (I don't need my phone to be discoverable since I don't share it with other bluetooth devices)

Nope. I don't plug in my phone in my car unless it's dead (the phone, not the car) or I'm using gps which I don't do unless I'm lost...

Edit: I'm curious. What settings are you all using in your Bluetooth Settings? Mine are:

Bluetooth: checked (need this checked to enable bluetooth)
Device name: MOTWX435KT (the default name I haven't changed it)
Discoverable: unchecked (I don't need my phone to be discoverable since I don't share it with other bluetooth devices)

Same settings although my headset is a Samsung. I've been searching for a solution since I noticed this and have found that a lot of people seem to have similar connection problems with non-Motorola headsets on some Motorola phones. My best guess is that there is some sort of ping/keep alive command that isn't present in non-Motorola headsets.

Also, does anyone know what script is run when bluetooth is turn on/off? Is it even a script? If so, it could be modified to acquire and release partial_wake_lock when bluetooth is enabled or disabled.

I have a motorola bluetooth headset, and don't have any problems on normal calls. However, bluetooth and wifi just don't work together at all on cm7 or MIUI, which is possibly the only bug I've really had in both of these ROMS.

Essentially, it means I cannot use my bluetooth headset with GrooveIP. I've tried this on two different triumphs running the same OS, and when bluetooth is on, wifi stops being able to connect to the internet.

If this bug would ever get fixed, I would consider it near perfect (other than the obvious HDMI out issue, which I've never used).

I have a motorola bluetooth headset, and don't have any problems on normal calls. However, bluetooth and wifi just don't work together at all on cm7 or MIUI, which is possibly the only bug I've really had in both of these ROMS.

Essentially, it means I cannot use my bluetooth headset with GrooveIP. I've tried this on two different triumphs running the same OS, and when bluetooth is on, wifi stops being able to connect to the internet.

If this bug would ever get fixed, I would consider it near perfect (other than the obvious HDMI out issue, which I've never used).

Go back and read the first post regarding the wifi/bluetooth issue.

I found a program called "Wake Lock" that keeps the bluetooth connected if you use the "PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK" option. I wish I knew a bit more about android so I write a script that only acquires partial wake lock while bluetooth is connected because it uses a bit more battery than usual.

Hm, interesting. I don't know much about Android either but I'm reading about it now to see if I can uncover anything else that could help with this issue.

FYI, I'm also using a non-Motorola headset. All my other settings are identical.

Good to know... I'll try that.
It seems like I remember TG fixing wifi or something by keeping the phone out of deep sleep. I wonder if there is a similar issue here.
My stereo headset is Moto S9hd and my hands free bluetooth is a Moto T325

Edit:
Got the wakelock app. Will test it on the way home.

Can this be automated with Tasker?
Like when ever BT is turned on, enable partial_wake_lock
Anyone?

Good to know... I'll try that.
It seems like I remember TG fixing wifi or something by keeping the phone out of deep sleep. I wonder if there is a similar issue here.
My stereo headset is Moto S9hd and my hands free bluetooth is a Moto T325

Edit:
Got the wakelock app. Will test it on the way home.

Can this be automated with Tasker?
Like when ever BT is turned on, enable partial_wake_lock
Anyone?

I don't know if tasker can trigger this app. However, this is one of the actions that is in the works for future versions of tasker according to their website.

Back
Top Bottom