• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 Nightlies EVO Community

Don't go back to Sense yet! Koni III is awesome and is the Sense ROM I was running until CM7, but with a little work you can have your issues resolved.

1. To fix the wake up issue go to Settings>CM Settings>Performance>CPU Settings and change the Min CPU to 384 MHz

2. The GPS fix works great. I did the "fix" then went into Rom Manager and ran "Fix Permissions" and have been able to use GPS in Maps and Nav with out any problem

3. Have you tried Settings>Applications go to the app in question and select "Move to Phone"? That is what I do with any app I deem important before making a titanium back up to play with another rom. This can be problematic though if you have more apps on your SD card than what your internal memory can handle.

Upvote 0
I am curious what the issue with this is? I am having the same problem, and it is pretty damn annoying. I am running the latest nightly #62. I dont know if you need to know anything else. I am using kernal 2.6.37.6.

MAybe not related to my problem, but should I try a different kernal?

also, havent been able to find a clear answer to this: what issues would i be having if my gps needs to be "repaired" via the keypad fix? My google maps will bring up my location, but sometimes it takes a minute or two to switch to my present location. I get a reading with GPS status, but when I run GPS test, it can not locate any (satellites?) in view. also my google map inside of Opensignals will not update my current location as I move, but it will highlight wifi spots and towers along the road i am going down (while my location remains in the spot when I opened it).

Another issue I am having is with my launch bar(the bar at the bottom of the screen?) will randomly dissapear and wont come back unless I reboot. I even went into settings and tried to restart ADW.launcher to no avail.

Sorry for the scattered post, but this did seem like the place to get some answers.

Thanks alot guys in advance.
there is nothing wrong with your launcher. Just clicking up and down with your finger will hide and unhide it.

Upvote 0
1. have you tried wiping dalvik cache and cache?

2. try tiamat 3.3.7 or 3.3.8 kernels. i love them they have giving me the best battery life that i have everhad. you can get them in ref#2 in my sig.

3. as far as the gps goes i just did the GPS fix and it has worked for me with no issues.

4. try wiping again. it might clear up your issues with your launcher.

Thanks again ocnbrze...

I did try wiping my cache and davlik, and that didnt seem to fix the issue... however, i did find another thread that said that the screen will wake up after pressing the power button if you simply touch the screen, and I have been doing this as a temporary fix...

Also, I used the gps fix and it worked great, I am no longer getting issues with my gps map, thanks for the fix...

I am going to try a new kernal tonight once I get off work... I am anxious to see how they will effect my battery life... so far I have been able to get around 8-9 hours if I have my wireless options set to the appropriate setting (i.e. have wireless turned off when not at home on my router)... I also just reset my battery stats last night, so I am hoping that helps me get a better gauge of usage too...

I will do some reading tonight on the tiamat 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 and hopefully have one flashed in no time... I am assuming I can find the difference between the two in a thread somewhere

Thanks again breeze, you have been extremely helpful and prompt in your replies...

Upvote 0
Thanks again breeze, you have been extremely helpful and prompt in your replies...[/QUOTE]

isnt he quite awesome? i know he's helped me more times than i can recall :) let the encounter with ocn be a template for ya. if you feel like you can help out, and are able to do so, GO FOR IT!! :) Its folks like him (amongst a lengthy list of others, you know who you are (akaza, evom, mr.ed etc etc)) that keep this forum as awesome as it is!!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks again ocnbrze...

I did try wiping my cache and davlik, and that didnt seem to fix the issue... however, i did find another thread that said that the screen will wake up after pressing the power button if you simply touch the screen, and I have been doing this as a temporary fix...

Also, I used the gps fix and it worked great, I am no longer getting issues with my gps map, thanks for the fix...

I am going to try a new kernal tonight once I get off work... I am anxious to see how they will effect my battery life... so far I have been able to get around 8-9 hours if I have my wireless options set to the appropriate setting (i.e. have wireless turned off when not at home on my router)... I also just reset my battery stats last night, so I am hoping that helps me get a better gauge of usage too...

I will do some reading tonight on the tiamat 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 and hopefully have one flashed in no time... I am assuming I can find the difference between the two in a thread somewhere

Thanks again breeze, you have been extremely helpful and prompt in your replies...

try the new tiamat kernel 4.0.1? here is the link Tiamat AOSP Kernels :: Tiamat_Evo. also here is the change log Tiamat AOSP Kernels :: Snapdragon 8x50 Kernels

isnt he quite awesome? i know he's helped me more times than i can recall :) let the encounter with ocn be a template for ya. if you feel like you can help out, and are able to do so, GO FOR IT!! :) Its folks like him (amongst a lengthy list of others, you know who you are (akaza, evom, mr.ed etc etc)) that keep this forum as awesome as it is!!

thanx man just trying to do my part inthis forum. as you said before that this is the best forum out there for us evo flashaholics. i was also a member on another forum but there was hardly any activity there. you post a question and it will take days for someone to answer. but here, everybody is so willing to help out. it is just awesome!

Upvote 0
...OK someone was looking for an answer to what we use to get vm on cm7 so its look like im posting this out of the blue but i just wanted it in the proper thread...

You can install the sprint vvm.apk you are used to and restore data in tib to get it to work on cm7.

Also you can use google voice.

you can get the vvm.apk and instructions here

Upvote 0
Ok now just have some questions about CM7 and the theme chooser and a question about my gallery pictures order.

I choose the honecomb one which is just amazing. But there were two I cons I really liked from the one it came with which had the glowing phone icon in green and black and same for the messages. Is there a way to save those icons and then put them on the honey comb one so I can use them. Or any way to get those. I know you would have to install ADW launcher icons but I dont think these are the ones that come with CM7 or maybe they are just wanted clarification.

The battery consumtion does seem allot better but Iam still going to test it with live wall papers later on when I do a full charge.

Second question is the only thing that is not the best on CM7 is the internet pinch and zoom. Its not as smooth as the sense. Let me know what you think.

And I have a CW mod nandroid of my old system on my 8gig sd card. Now If I make a new one of CM7 with Amon ra that means it will make new Amon Ra folder on my SD card with my new CM7 without messing with CW correct.

About the pictures in my gallery I took a group of 17 pictures that I shot in May. I didnt touch the order number as I figured when I put them back in the DCM 100 folder they would reorder and be put back in original postion. Which they went back in numerical order but when I looked at them in the gallery that group is now in the last folder instead of being where they were originally. Just wanted to know if there is a way to fix that.

And also wantes to know where I can get my voice mail. Because I havent anywhere I get my voice mail only thw tts and that isnt working.

And thats it Iam very impressed with the CM7 and it really is a fast rom just wish there were a way to change the pink and zoom smoothness as thats the only thing that is not up to par.

Upvote 0
wow questions mcgee...thats a lot to address in one response, probably why no one answered the first time lol. Gotta learn to ask in doses... :)

As far as original icons...it can be done but its a pain. you can try using desktop visualizer app in market it lets you set whatever you want as an icon, though the originals may be gone since you changed the theme. You can always pull the pngs for the icons you liked out of the original framework-res.apk and put them into the new framework-res.apk, bit of a pain to actually explain if you have no knowledge of themeing...

I would suggest downloading a few themes for adw if thats what you are using and then long pressing and selecting change icon and trying to find one similar in the icon packs/themes you downloaded, beyond that i got nothin easy...

I dont use the browser so i cant speak to that...i use dolphin browser HD, might want to check a 3rd party app in market for browsing, mozilla, is available now, think there is one called opera or some shit...

Yes if you make a back up in Amon ra it will create a folder on the sd card named Nandroid it will not affect your cw backup. If you ever want to restore the cw backup you will have to flash cw again, amon ra cant really restore an entire back up from cw.

Cant speak to the gallery question

Answered the vvm question above your post...

Upvote 0
wow questions mcgee...thats a lot to address in one response, probably why no one answered the first time lol. Gotta learn to ask in doses... :)

As far as original icons...it can be done but its a pain. you can try using desktop visualizer app in market it lets you set whatever you want as an icon, though the originals may be gone since you changed the theme. You can always pull the pngs for the icons you liked out of the original framework-res.apk and put them into the new framework-res.apk, bit of a pain to actually explain if you have no knowledge of themeing...

I would suggest downloading a few themes for adw if thats what you are using and then long pressing and selecting change icon and trying to find one similar in the icon packs/themes you downloaded, beyond that i got nothin easy...

I dont use the browser so i cant speak to that...i use dolphin browser HD, might want to check a 3rd party app in market for browsing, mozilla, is available now, think there is one called opera or some shit...

Yes if you make a back up in Amon ra it will create a folder on the sd card named Nandroid it will not affect your cw backup. If you ever want to restore the cw backup you will have to flash cw again, amon ra cant really restore an entire back up from cw.

Cant speak to the gallery question

Answered the vvm question above your post...

OK Evomattnc thanks allot. Finally get all the info. Sorry about the all the questions the problem is that I have had CM7 for 3 days and havent gotten any answer on XDA on the actual thread where I got the Rom from so thanks again.

Yeah that sounds like too much work just to change the icon image just really like the way they looked on the original theme. But the thing is about downloading the thems I should not have to since the icons Iam looking for where on stock them that came with CM7 and the theme packs that came installed as a theme changer app.
But when I go to ADW EX setting and to change icons or themes I dont have any options.

Thanks again for all the info and vvm question.

Upvote 0
OK Evomattnc thanks allot. Finally get all the info. Sorry about the all the questions the problem is that I have had CM7 for 3 days and havent gotten any answer on XDA on the actual thread where I got the Rom from so thanks again.

Yeah that sounds like too much work just to change the icon image just really like the way they looked on the original theme. But the thing is about downloading the thems I should not have to since the icons Iam looking for where on stock them that came with CM7 and the theme packs that came installed as a theme changer app.
But when I go to ADW EX setting and to change icons or themes I dont have any options.

Thanks again for all the info and vvm question.

Well when you changed the theme it had to overwrite them which is where you get into pulling the png files out of the original zip and pushing them back into your modified framework-res.apk

I suggest downloading a few themes because it would be soo much easier they may have the ones you want. If you dl them all you have to do is long press and then change icon and select the theme and scroll through its icons to find the one you want. you may get lucky...

hmmm...just thinking here....if you went back to system theme in theme chooser though they would go back so that tells me the icons exist on your internal somewhere it would just be a matter of finding them in the proper folder, have to look around iin root explorer...im not on cm7 right now or i would look. Maybe someone else knows the folder location. After we figure out where the theme chooser themes are stored its easy. THey may be in the .apk itself...just thinking to get you on a path here...

Upvote 0
Well when you changed the theme it had to overwrite them which is where you get into pulling the png files out of the original zip and pushing them back into your modified framework-res.apk

I suggest downloading a few themes because it would be soo much easier they may have the ones you want. If you dl them all you have to do is long press and then change icon and select the theme and scroll through its icons to find the one you want. you may get lucky...

hmmm...just thinking here....if you went back to system theme in theme chooser though they would go back so that tells me the icons exist on your internal somewhere it would just be a matter of finding them in the proper folder, have to look around iin root explorer...im not on cm7 right now or i would look. Maybe someone else knows the folder location. After we figure out where the theme chooser themes are stored its easy. THey may be in the .apk itself...just thinking to get you on a path here...

Ok no problem I will check in there and see if I find them. If I do how would I know which is which.

Upvote 0
well i dont know about other explorers but in root explorer if i click a png it opens it in gallery for viewing. The file should be name something like icon.png or ic_"something".png

take for instance your dialer. In system/app there is a dialer.apk it includes the the phone icon in it so if i click dialer.apk/view/res/drawable-hdpi i will find an icon in there labeled dialer.png and that is the system icon for my dialer. If i extract that image it will go to my sd card and be available in my gallery and i can set it to any app i want. If you want to actually make it the system icon in your app drawer and everywhere you would hav eto modify your framework-res which is a bit of a pain...

Now of course your current system dialer is the honeycomb dialer.png you need to find the original dialer.png which has to be on your internal somewhere maybe inside of theme chooser.apk somewhere or if there is a systemtheme.apk somewhere and then you would extract its dialer.png and you could then set it by long pressing and going to gallery or root explorer and selecting it.

Upvote 0
you could also pull the png out of the original framework-res.apk/framework/res/drawable-hdpi from the flashable zip and save it on your sd card and use it as your desktop icon with a long press but it will not be your system icon for that app unless you put it in the new framework, still, it would look right on the homescreen...

Upvote 0
OK Next question I just tried to turn on only my gps and not get my location through the network and Its not working. Is there a fix cause I know I downloaded both the gapps which one had a fix for this problem.

And Second anybody here have Lg Camera working. Because I tried it today its acting strange as you hit record and the image freezes 2 second into the recording but the time still counts. I thought this was because of the AAC sound ability setting. Which I thought Cyanogen mod would support. There was a member on here by the name of P_dub and he found a way to fix the that problem on the stock rom by inserting the libomx_aacenc_sharedlibrary file from the warmz rom and dropping it in the system libarary wich it worked and I was amazed by that.

But I dont think thats the problem because its doing this same freezing with any setting on.

Upvote 0
you could also pull the png out of the original framework-res.apk/framework/res/drawable-hdpi from the flashable zip and save it on your sd card and use it as your desktop icon with a long press but it will not be your system icon for that app unless you put it in the new framework, still, it would look right on the homescreen...

Went looking for these folders but didnt find them. I also notice while looking for this that the mp3 for the boot animation doenst work. Which I saw a video a guy that had loaded this rom for the first time and it wasnt making any sounds either.
And I played in the music player and played fine. Iam surprised that the code is written in proper format and not play. Is it suppose to be moved somewhere. Just wanted to know as Iam going to start loading some new boot animation that just made and need to know where goes to work so I can load my matching mp3s to go with my boot animations.

Upvote 0
Went looking for these folders but didnt find them. I also notice while looking for this that the mp3 for the boot animation doenst work. Which I saw a video a guy that had loaded this rom for the first time and it wasnt making any sounds either.
And I played in the music player and played fine. Iam surprised that the code is written in proper format and not play. Is it suppose to be moved somewhere. Just wanted to know as Iam going to start loading some new boot animation that just made and need to know where goes to work so I can load my matching mp3s to go with my boot animations.

They go right next to the boot animation...

Upvote 0
Right next to it in the media folder, sorry...

Right in system/media
Thats where the original mp3 file has been this whole time for the boot animation that came with the phone. I was just saying that it hasnt been working which doesnt make sense. My question was did anybody who downloaded this rom notice the same.

I going to try and load my custom boot animation and the mp3 file to see if it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones