• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 Nightlies EVO Community

Sweet... they skipped 29 and just posted 30! downloading now

How's 30? I'm thinking enough time has gone by since build 20 for me to update, if you will, to the next build.... Anyone experencing any issues? GPS fix still working? The one thing I noticed in build 20, is when I use google voice search (i.e. Call "So & So" or Navigate to "This Place") it hangs and times out every so often. Sometimes I find I need to reboot.

What I've also noticed is it may appear the grounding issue we all experianced back when the EVO first launched still lingers. I had my EVO pluged in via wall socket and tried to answer my phone, this was a few nights ago, and I couldn't unlock my phone until I unpluged my phone... Anyone else experiance anything like the issues I menitoned above... Regardless of these smaller issues, I find the EVO to be that much quicker without Sense bogging it down. CM7 has become my default Rom.

Upvote 0
How's 30? I'm thinking enough time has gone by since build 20 for me to update, if you will, to the next build.... Anyone experencing any issues? GPS fix still working? The one thing I noticed in build 20, is when I use google voice search (i.e. Call "So & So" or Navigate to "This Place") it hangs and times out every so often. Sometimes I find I need to reboot.

What I've also noticed is it may appear the grounding issue we all experianced back when the EVO first launched still lingers. I had my EVO pluged in via wall socket and tried to answer my phone, this was a few nights ago, and I couldn't unlock my phone until I unpluged my phone... Anyone else experiance anything like the issues I menitoned above... Regardless of these smaller issues, I find the EVO to be that much quicker without Sense bogging it down. CM7 has become my default Rom.
Jury is still out on 30
I've not run enough to make a conclusion ...xda has had a couple issue
... do not use the "down" swipe lock screen. Its broke and you can not get in. The only way in is to call yourself and unlocking the screen that way
... some had issues with voip/ sip calls(over internet)
others just say the icons are more green? Off for the day, i'll try to update later tonight

Reactions: SHO_ONE
Upvote 0
Jury is still out on 30
I've not run enough to make a conclusion ...xda has had a couple issue
... do not use the "down" swipe lock screen. Its broke and you can not get in. The only way in is to call yourself and unlocking the screen that way
... some had issues with voip/ sip calls(over internet)
others just say the icons are more green? Off for the day, i'll try to update later tonight

Thanks, any reason to update to any of the builds or would you recommend to stay on 20 for now... at least until the official release?

Upvote 0
I went from build 20 or 21 to the one based off build 24 and only had to do the gps fix the first time before flashing 20. Went on a two hour trip Sunday and had gps lock and tracking the whole time. I just flashed it right over 20 without wiping.

Went out to LA and got 5-6 down btw.

The fix has worked for me through multiple nightly builds. I'm currently at #20.

For your first hypothesis I think if that were the case, there would be a GPS uproar in the nightly threads. Having not flashed #21 myself though it's plausible but I doubt it breaks it. And for your second I can tell you that you don't need a nandroid of CM7. It's just for convenience so you don't have start from scratch all over again with a fresh install after you performed the GPS fix. I've flashed through a few nightlies and the fix has stuck for me.

Good to hear, by what SoFLO said and your latest add, it appears the fix is permanent. I'm going to wait to hear how 30 is before I flash up from 20 only because the Rom size doesn't really grow till 30. I feel like I'd be re-flashing the same Rom over and over... or would you guys (anyone here) say they've seen significant change since build #20?

Upvote 0
LP crashes on me every time I update the nightly. After I get stuff set the way I like it, wallpaper, LP etc... I run clockwork to fix permissions and that cleared my LP force close on reboot.

Thanks for the tip, I ran the fix perms, and I'm running pretty smooth, LP still hangs on boot, but it doesn't crash I just have to select wait, and its all good. Also my battery life has at least doubled if not trippled since nightly 26 (still haven't flashed any newer, been too busy). Well the word is around here that 4G is cominig real soon, so hopefully they come out with a streamlined update or even better a full release would be great, but now that I've tasted gingerbread, I can't even think about goin back to sense...

Upvote 0
I haven't downloaded anything past build 20 since I felt I was simply spinning my wheels. Have there been any significant updates to CM7 since build 20? Has anyone else experiance the lost of GPS tracking once you've updated to anything past build 20 / using sense rom fix?

Well 20 kept rebooting and my launcher FC (which btw pretty much makes ur phone useless, other than at least being able to warm boot, but that's at least better than a full on crash). But to answer ur question I did loose my GPS when I updated, that's why I ran this fix using the GPS Status program, which btw is far easier, and definately less invasive. I guess its a preference thing, but I've done them both, and I now prefer the GPS Status method.

Upvote 0
Good to hear, by what SoFLO said and your latest add, it appears the fix is permanent. I'm going to wait to hear how 30 is before I flash up from 20 only because the Rom size doesn't really grow till 30. I feel like I'd be re-flashing the same Rom over and over... or would you guys (anyone here) say they've seen significant change since build #20?

Well I noticed that my system is way more stable now, 20 (running with LP) was just horrible for me, luckily I woke up myself, cuz my LP FC, and it would have made me late for work cuz I was using my phone as my alarm clock...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well I noticed that my system is way more stable now, 20 (running with LP) was just horrible for me, luckily I woke up myself, cuz my LP FC, and it would have made me late for work cuz I was using my phone as my alarm clock...:rolleyes:

One word: "backup" I almost had that same issue a long time ago when cm6 was the cats meow..... Luckily I had my alarm clock set too... I'm on 28 and it seems fine.... We'll see about 30 in a few days.

Upvote 0
One word: "backup" I almost had that same issue a long time ago when cm6 was the cats meow..... Luckily I had my alarm clock set too... I'm on 28 and it seems fine.... We'll see about 30 in a few days.

Well just loaded 30 (which is labeled full btw) and its solid so far, I did have to run GPS Status fix, and still no visible 4G (WiMax), but running very stable. I just flashed right over the top no wiping cache/data, just flashed on top of 26, and good to go (after GPS fix).

Upvote 0
30 for me has been great! Just got home and with mild use, only used 20% of battery... an average for me would have been ~40%
Just saw 31 is out so off I go!
All & all (for me) 27 seemed to run a bit better, but battery was so so. I might have been partial to 27 cause sonny @ xda one of the theme makers stopped making his nightly theme. I understood cause he had approx 7 themes he had to update every night and it became to much ... heck, its all I can do to keep up on nightly much less than edit 100's of files each night as well, so its all good! -- I report back on 31 soon as I can

Upvote 0
Well just loaded 30 (which is labeled full btw) and its solid so far, I did have to run GPS Status fix, and still no visible 4G (WiMax), but running very stable. I just flashed right over the top no wiping cache/data, just flashed on top of 26, and good to go (after GPS fix).

There all listed as full.... You almost had me :) in any case, I'm finding my data doesn't want to work as well now that I'm on 30. I didn't wipe any cache, wondering if that has anything to do with it? Downloading 31 now, gonna wipe and flash and see if thats better. I also skipped on the GPS fix and went to the market place and downloaded the gps status fix mentioned above. Can't say if the fix stuck from my previous attempt or if GPS status fixed a pending issue....

Worse come worse, I'll nadroid back to 20....

Upvote 0
There all listed as full.... You almost had me :) in any case, I'm finding my data doesn't want to work as well now that I'm on 30. I didn't wipe any cache, wondering if that has anything to do with it? Downloading 31 now, gonna wipe and flash and see if thats better. I also skipped on the GPS fix and went to the market place and downloaded the gps status fix mentioned above. Can't say if the fix stuck from my previous attempt or if GPS status fixed a pending issue....

Worse come worse, I'll nadroid back to 20....

Recommended to wipe cache and dalvik cache when flashing a nightly over another nightly

Upvote 0
Hey everyone I just flashed CM7 nightly 31 and I was wondering how I would go about flashing an older nightly, I would like to go to nightly 21 for a theme. I assume what I should do is just wipe cache and dalvik then flash the ROM. Also is there anything broken in that build that has been fixed in the newer builds. I guess my main question is do I need to wipe data or can I just only wipe cache and dalvik. Also if it is just a battery icon does it matter what build I'm on?

Thanks, An UrgeTo Dance

Reactions: huffman6977
Upvote 0
Hey everyone I just flashed CM7 nightly 31 and I was wondering how I would go about flashing an older nightly, I would like to go to nightly 21 for a theme. I assume what I should do is just wipe cache and dalvik then flash the ROM. Also is there anything broken in that build that has been fixed in the newer builds. I guess my main question is do I need to wipe data or can I just only wipe cache and dalvik. Also if it is just a battery icon does it matter what build I'm on?

Thanks, An UrgeTo Dance
For me with sonnies theme, build 27 worked the best.
no rhyme or reason but mine version 31 does not run on the other cm7 theme... I forget its name, but others have no issue??
Anyway, personally I do a nand backup, a full wipe& dalvik, then flash the rom
let me know if thats what your looking 4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones