• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

Yeah I don't plan on going anywhere. I have insurance on the phone so I assume if I killed it I would get a new Triumph. Today I was holding it in my palm and moved my thumb up to lower the volume and the headphones disconnected and it started playing music from the main player through the speakers, even though I was listening to pandora. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I don't have insurance but my phone was still under the 1 year warranty when it died yesterday (it's been a slow death). I called them, waited on hold for 30 minutes, then the rep took 2 minutes to agree to fedex me a replacement. Fedex says it was delivered today. So other than the painful hold time it was quick to get a replacement.

Hey all,

It's been a while since I installed a CM7 ROM on the MT and I'm trying to remember how to completely disable the slider/ring lockscreen when I'm using the standard Android pattern lock. I tried going to CM settings>lockscreen>Unlock Options and checking Skip on Security, but it seems to uncheck itself on reboot. Any thoughts?

EDIT: OK, so just rebooted again & it stuck. Wacky.

Never mind!

I don't have insurance but my phone was still under the 1 year warranty when it died yesterday (it's been a slow death). I called them, waited on hold for 30 minutes, then the rep took 2 minutes to agree to fedex me a replacement. Fedex says it was delivered today. So other than the painful hold time it was quick to get a replacement.

Crazy but the phone actually arrived today. Basically I got off phone with VM at around 3:15pm yesterday and phone arrived in less than 24 hours. Activated and am installing CWM etc now. :)

Forgive the noobish question, but can I just flash the latest version with the 3g fix over the previous version? If so, will I be able to keep all my system settings?

Crazy but the phone actually arrived today. Basically I got off phone with VM at around 3:15pm yesterday and phone arrived in less than 24 hours. Activated and am installing CWM etc now. :)

Same thing happened here! It's nice VM sends replacements so quickly, but i wish they would send me an EVO V 4g or a One V instead of a Triumph

So I was only able to run this ROM for a short period yesterday- storms came through & killed my Blu-Ray W/ Netflix, so back to my stock ROM with HDMI for now. One thing I thought I'd mention tho- every time I would fire up Maps & the GPS would turn on, data would kick down to 1X & stay there until I exited. I wasn't able to test any other GPS-dependent app to see if the same thing happened, but I wanted to put this out there as a possible issue.

When I can scrape together a few bucks for a new streaming device, I hope to head back to CM7. :)

So I was only able to run this ROM for a short period yesterday- storms came through & killed my Blu-Ray W/ Netflix, so back to my stock ROM with HDMI for now. One thing I thought I'd mention tho- every time I would fire up Maps & the GPS would turn on, data would kick down to 1X & stay there until I exited. I wasn't able to test any other GPS-dependent app to see if the same thing happened, but I wanted to put this out there as a possible issue.

When I can scrape together a few bucks for a new streaming device, I hope to head back to CM7. :)

I believe the 1x is normal, this also happens on the Sharp ROM as well if I remember correctly.

Man i flashed this rom, everythings great for about 3hours and then, BAM!!!! reboots out the ying yang:confused:

this rom is normally very stable, so more then likely you may have had an issue when you flashed it from either not clearing things or the install may have just not taken correctly

Or the more likely culprit is a rouge app, rouge apps can cause crazy issues

granted since there has been 2 fixes added it could be said that they may be causing an issue, but the fixes were for 3g and headset so i highly doubt they would cause random reboots

i highly doubt they would cause random reboots

That is correct Tokens :)

I have been running the newest updates for over 24 hours and the phone is as solid as it has always been. I would recommend doing a full wipe, dalvik. Then install the ROM. After that manually install all your apps from the app store and you should be all set.

ill even throw this out there lol, my Top 4 reasons for random reboots in stable roms

random reboots tend to usually stem from 1 of 4 things most

1. the flash of the rom didnt take correctly somehow and somethings just acting up (usually not the case but sometimes can be)

2. system files werent correctly wiped, or a backup was loaded which had system files in it and as i like to call it, system files are headbutting effect ( this normally isnt the case either but i have seen it pop up from time to time)

3. an app you installed is acting up, going rouge to say ( This tends to be the biggest random reboot reason)(Rouge Apps are Evil lol)

4. SD Card wants you to reformat it ( also not seen to much, but ive seen on more then one thread this fixed the issues)

That is correct Tokens :)

I have been running the newest updates for over 24 hours and the phone is as solid as it has always been. I would recommend doing a full wipe, dalvik. Then install the ROM. After that manually install all your apps from the app store and you should be all set.

I did all of this, ima try it again, and i would like to add that ive been running issacs miui gb 2.3.7 for 3 weeks and not 1 reboot so maybe it was a bad flash.

I did all of this, ima try it again, and i would like to add that ive been running issacs miui gb 2.3.7 for 3 weeks and not 1 reboot so maybe it was a bad flash.

I have seen that happen before. Some one was downloading the ROM off 3g and it was a bad download. I would recommend snagging it of you PC and then copy it to the SD card and flash.

Okay, so I got everything working inside right but it looks like my computer just can't handle the power :(

What luck have you had with your building?

ill even throw this out there lol, my Top 4 reasons for random reboots in stable roms

random reboots tend to usually stem from 1 of 4 things most

1. the flash of the rom didnt take correctly somehow and somethings just acting up (usually not the case but sometimes can be)

2. system files werent correctly wiped, or a backup was loaded which had system files in it and as i like to call it, system files are headbutting effect ( this normally isnt the case either but i have seen it pop up from time to time)

3. an app you installed is acting up, going rouge to say ( This tends to be the biggest random reboot reason)(Rouge Apps are Evil lol)

4. SD Card wants you to reformat it ( also not seen to much, but ive seen on more then one thread this fixed the issues)

I have experienced the SD card issue, would also reboot in the middle of a backup or restore why in recovery. Have since been taking the safe remove option a bit more serious.

Okay, so I got everything working inside right but it looks like my computer just can't handle the power :(

What luck have you had with your building?

What kind of problems are you having with your build? I've been able to build g60's, and an old ROM based off of his code. I just haven't been able to build my own.

I have seen that happen before. Some one was downloading the ROM off 3g and it was a bad download. I would recommend snagging it of you PC and then copy it to the SD card and flash.

It was a bad flash i guess cause i redone everything again and no problems now, real smooth but eats alot of battery

It was a bad flash i guess cause i redone everything again and no problems now, real smooth but eats alot of battery

It will eat more battery due to wakelock issues because bluetooth and wifi won't go into deep sleep. Which ROM did you come from?

Back
Top Bottom