• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

I did a fresh install for this update and I can't seem to get USB debugging to stick in the settings. I'll enable it, then immediately go back in and it's unchecked again. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Any recommendations? I've tried rebooting.. thanks :)

Have you tried to fix permissions in cwm? On some roms I've developed for the Warp, I need to do that

I tried that and Android debugging will not stay enabled. I reinstalled the rom and it still didn't work so I went back to the previous version of the rom and it works again...

I'm having an issue. I wipe data and cache and dalvik then flash this rom then flash the newest ica gapps but when I open play store I always get server errors. I've tried connecting to wifi and I have good service so I'm not sure what's up. Any ideas?

I'm having an issue. I wipe data and cache and dalvik then flash this rom then flash the newest ica gapps but when I open play store I always get server errors. I've tried connecting to wifi and I have good service so I'm not sure what's up. Any ideas?

ICS app will not work on this rom use the gapps listed on mtdev.us on the cm7 install area

I've been having a strange problem lately that I can't recall anyone else having with this ROM and the previous versions of it. (g60style r0.9)

During a phone call, when I get a text message the mic goes out and the person I'm talking to can't hear me but I can hear them. I have to manually unlock the phone, pull down the notification bar, and go into the phone call screen just so I can mute and unmute it so they can hear me again, which is a reaaaaaaalll pain in the butt when using the phone out in the sun where the screen is hard to see and usually ends up with the person hanging up on me. Not only does this happen when I get a text message, but it will continue to mute over and over again even though I'm not getting anymore texts!?

This happened to me during a phone interview once :( and also yesterday while talking to my parents and they thought it was hilarious! lol. Anyone else notice this?

Flashed this ROM last night mainly because I was curious about the 3G fix. I really don't notice any speed difference in my living room, but when I drove my wife to work this morning, I noticed that when listening to one of my stations (using the Live365 app) it seemed to load quicker and I had absolutely no drops. I usually get drops in the same area every time I drive through there.

Plus, there is the disclaimer about possible security issues (none found but you never know) with MIUI that was in the back of my mind.

I have been a big fan of Juice Defender but get tired of waiting for 3G to turn on when I wake up the phone. I disabled Juice Defender last night as an experiment and went to bed with 94% battery. I woke up to 86% battery and all emails (3 accounts) had been received so, I am impressed with battery life so far.

This will be my daily ROM for a while, at least there is an advancement with the camera issues for ICS.

On a side note. I was tired of Gmail's interval for checking for new messages. Seemed like it was every minute and I could not find a way to increase that. So after doing a little research, I found you could use the default email program with your Gmail account. This is sweet because now I can adjust the interval for checking for new messages thus increasing battery life. Plus if you have multiple email accounts, they are all together in the same area.

Flashed this ROM last night mainly because I was curious about the 3G fix. I really don't notice any speed difference in my living room, but when I drove my wife to work this morning, I noticed that when listening to one of my stations (using the Live365 app) it seemed to load quicker and I had absolutely no drops. I usually get drops in the same area every time I drive through there.

Plus, there is the disclaimer about possible security issues (none found but you never know) with MIUI that was in the back of my mind.

I have been a big fan of Juice Defender but get tired of waiting for 3G to turn on when I wake up the phone. I disabled Juice Defender last night as an experiment and went to bed with 94% battery. I woke up to 86% battery and all emails (3 accounts) had been received so, I am impressed with battery life so far.

This will be my daily ROM for a while, at least there is an advancement with the camera issues for ICS.

On a side note. I was tired of Gmail's interval for checking for new messages. Seemed like it was every minute and I could not find a way to increase that. So after doing a little research, I found you could use the default email program with your Gmail account. This is sweet because now I can adjust the interval for checking for new messages thus increasing battery life. Plus if you have multiple email accounts, they are all together in the same area.

Glad to hear your liking it buzz!

All is great with the latest update except that the green camera blob is back :( Did you change the camera app in the final version?

All is great with the latest update except that the green camera blob is back :( Did you change the camera app in the final version?

What green camera blob? I have not seen any issue with the final release. Did you make sure to do a full wipe / and dalvick before using the final version?

Green blob it's the known green hue in the center of the screen when taking pictures/video with the back camera. It is a well known issue with the stock ROM and it did pop up from time to time on the TG reloaded versions. Most of your g60 versions didn't have this issue.
I don't do a full wipe, always did only wipe cache and dalvik and never had any issues. I didn't notice the green blob on the final version but I see it now after the 3G update.

Green blob it's the known green hue in the center of the screen when taking pictures/video with the back camera. It is a well known issue with the stock ROM and it did pop up from time to time on the TG reloaded versions. Most of your g60 versions didn't have this issue.
I don't do a full wipe, always did only wipe cache and dalvik and never had any issues. I didn't notice the green blob on the final version but I see it now after the 3G update.

My suggestion...and you know what it's going to be :D

Do a full wipe, and dalvik cache and reload the ROM. It's very possible you carried over something from the previous ROM install and that's what is causing the blob.

Hi, I just had to register to THANK YOU for this ROM! This Triumph is my first Android phone. I got it to help me run my new small business. The Triumph's stock ROM has been adequate these 7 months, but regularly frustrating. My push to finally update ROMs was needing Android 2.3+ to run an app I needed.

I can't believe how amazing this phone is now! Now it feels like the software is finally on par with the good hardware. I'm ecstatic!

The lag and wrong keypresses on the keyboard are gone.
It's way faster.
The camera even looks and behaves better!

Back
Top Bottom