• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

oh, one more thing. what about the 2nd cpu problems...where they fixed in the update?
and if soo, how do i access those functions on my own?

eee, again...my higher functioning skills are lacking this lovely evening. and it seems to be working fine at the moment. throttleing fine, full power and back down for both cpu's at the same time. they are both going in sync with one another...is this normal?

None IMO S-Off is where you get benefits

^^^this!
There is no benefit of being s-on. The reason you see so many s-on users, is because the wire trick can seem daunting. Some people just don't want to do it. But all the benefits come from s-off. You will save yourself many headaches if you go s-off! ;)

Hey nsciucco remember how you helped with the radio thing? You told me to run the RUU, then take both OTA and then flash the hboot and 4ext through the boot loader? Well since running the RUU the boot loader is now locked right? Do i lose any functionality from a locked boot loader? BTW i have s- off.

How would i rate this ROM or thread 5 stars?? I like it but i don't know how to rate.....

Go to the first page and under "Reply" in the green bar all the way to the right is "Rating". Click it and a menu will drop down showing the different star ratings. Pick the one you want! (hopefully five stars!!)

^^^this!
There is no benefit of being s-on. The reason you see so many s-on users, is because the wire trick can seem daunting. Some people just don't want to do it. But all the benefits come from s-off. You will save yourself many headaches if you go s-off! ;)

yes, the wire trick was pretty funny....i mean...really? who would think of that? it had to be an insider of the development of the phone. some odd schematic spec somewhere...placed ever so gently to gain s-off.

it was easy enough, somewhat scary...but EVERYTHING i read about the trick told me its safe.

i have linux dualbooted....but i tried the wire trick just for the simple curiosity of it.
"Checking alcohol levels..
MORE BEER!"

I have a question not pertaining to this ROM but i thought i would ask since you guys are helpful. I have been on Mazda's dirty unicorns 4.2.2 for the past few days and was increasingly getting tired of the lagg. It has all the features (except 3D of course) but the Rom wasn't very smooth. No butter to it. Well anyways my question is, to run angry bean 4.2.2 do i need to do joe blow's tweaks? I have hboot 1.5, 4ext and the latest OTA (thanks nsciucco)

Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't need to do anything special that I know of. As far as I know, you should just be able to wipe all partitions (except sd card) and then flash the new rom.

Unless I'm missing something, you shouldn't need to do anything special that I know of. As far as I know, you should just be able to wipe all partitions (except sd card) and then flash the new rom.

That's what I was thinking that i should be fine with my current hboot and recovery but I thought it was better to ask cause I may have missed something in Joe blows thread. In his thread it talks about radio # and md5 and I was getting completely lost. Thanks for the help.

i must say, i am somewhat disappointed with how many functions do not work in this rom....after extensive testing.

here's a list. leedroid's tweaks = garbage. the tweaks it tries to set make the android UI force close repeatedly forceing either a recovery restore, or a revert to the other tweaks setting sense stock...which messes up this rom settings anyway. i highly suggest dumping this apk, or adding to or changing this apk.

the "extra settings" in the settings menu....none of them work for anything that i can see....not the reordering or anything. battery text and all sub-menu's do nothing. clock and all sub-menus do nothing. toggles and all sub-menus do nothing. they claim to do thing, I change the settings thru these menu's and nothing happens.

How did no-one notice these problems? the over clocked kernel how-ever works flawlessly. the only problem is getting the cpu0 and cpu1 to both stick on after reboot, which sadly does not. reverts to only cpu0.

i must say, i am somewhat disappointed with how many functions do not work in this rom....after extensive testing.

here's a list. leedroid's tweaks = garbage. the tweaks it tries to set make the android UI force close repeatedly forceing either a recovery restore, or a revert to the other tweaks setting sense stock...which messes up this rom settings anyway. i highly suggest dumping this apk, or adding to or changing this apk.

the "extra settings" in the settings menu....none of them work for anything that i can see....not the reordering or anything. battery text and all sub-menu's do nothing. clock and all sub-menus do nothing. toggles and all sub-menus do nothing. they claim to do thing, I change the settings thru these menu's and nothing happens.

How did no-one notice these problems? the over clocked kernel how-ever works flawlessly. the only problem is getting the cpu0 and cpu1 to both stick on after reboot, which sadly does not. reverts to only cpu0.

Ok. Well I must say that your choice of words is a bit offensive to me. Especially considering all the help I have personally gave you......

Leedroid tweaks is mostly a SENSE Thing. Since most of the SENSE is removed alot of those tweaks wouldn't work. I agree. It should be removed. I never used it much myself.....I left it in there for the USER. there are some features of it that do work. As far as the settings menu goes. The settings.apk is from AOSP. my reasoning for using that apk instead of the HTC one is because it's much quicker . Yes some of the toggles and such don't work. But that's not really a issue for most. It's something that I've considered changing but I'm not really sure.

sorry man, i mean no offense. I was just taken back every time i found a toggle or function that didnt work...

i guess i should say the nitty gritty is that it works, well in fact. I LOVE the rom, which is why it was disappointing to find a plethora of things not functioning that would most certainly take this rom to the top of my list.

soo, with that said....do you think a dirty install would solve my lee droid tweaks problems? and if so, what would i have to format in the process? like could i just wipe dalvik and system reflash and be done with it?

i guess one can only try. i have a back-up, but that would mean losing a whole lot of data and apps and such.

Back
Top Bottom