• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Try a button remapper app.
This does raise a good question. I know how to get the button codes with CWM, but is there a simple console command to remap them that could be made into a script?
I'd look into it, but I just got Limitless on Netflix...

I tried a button remapper program. I changed the d-pad (Which I'm assuming is the trackball) center to search (limited functions available to choose from) and now the whole bank of hardware based buttons doesn't work.

I tried a button remapper program. I changed the d-pad (Which I'm assuming is the trackball) center to search (limited functions available to choose from) and now the whole bank of hardware based buttons doesn't work.

Did the restore of your backup bring back your buttons?

What is the best governor. What r the best settings when using a stock 2g sd card?

I use interactive. Smartass will save your battery but wont rob you of performance when you need it.

The best settings are: get in car>drive to the store>buy at least a class 4 4Gb :D

just think of it as a battery saver app thats built inside the rom, less lights more battery. ;)
I have it and when i was in the google backup data from account screen it was loading but then it simply froze and restarted now im stuck at the ascend m860 screen :l any way to fix it? please help me... im using the cmw for the ascend recomended by issac

I have it and when i was in the google backup data from account screen it was loading but then it simply froze and restarted now im stuck at the ascend m860 screen :l any way to fix it? please help me... im using the cmw for the ascend recomended by issac
try wiping cahce first, if that doesnt so it wipe data/ factory reset, you will loose all your settings and apps tho ;)

Anyone know if Individual Ringtones are working on this, or is still just what the default is set to?

On a different note, i saw an add on my local craigslist where a guy will put the newest 2.3.5 rom on your ascend for just a low price of 30 bucks....lol

Anyone know if Individual Ringtones are working on this, or is still just what the default is set to?

On a different note, i saw an add on my local craigslist where a guy will put the newest 2.3.5 rom on your ascend for just a low price of 30 bucks....lol
and I bet hes not donating jack to isaac or myself ;)

i wouldnt deal with a person like that, craiglist is not safe anymore, plus with the new phones metro have why was $30 for and old phone now...lol (IMO)

I think this may be an isolated incident since i havent seen a post about it... Anyone having trouble with sound on the 0913 build? I get NO sound at all, tried reflashing 3 times now.. No boot sound, no volume up sounds, nothing..

I think this may be an isolated incident since i havent seen a post about it... Anyone having trouble with sound on the 0913 build? I get NO sound at all, tried reflashing 3 times now.. No boot sound, no volume up sounds, nothing..

Everything that I have tried has worked.that's weird

Everything that I have tried has worked.that's weird

Yeah its just one of those things I guess.. Flashed back to my backup and now the text message notification ain't working.. Need to revert to stock and give it a go again but having issues with bootloader grrr..

EDIT: on a side note to the sound on text messages.. a few hours after i wrote this and quite a few texts later.. the notifications miraculously started working so maybe I was just a little impatient with it settling in :) or maybe its just my phones way of telling me its headed to ascend heaven soon lol

Yeah its just one of those things I guess.. Flashed back to my backup and now the text message notification ain't working.. Need to revert to stock and give it a go again but having issues with bootloader grrr..

flash back to stock and take it to your nearest store quick before warranty expires...;)

The newest Rom is set to 710 Mhz by default and I have no problems with it. Yet, in the past I crashed on anything over 648 Mhz or whatever the setting was.
I figure it's either reporting 710 Mhz when it's really 600 Mhz, or PG did something right with the overclocking.

The newest Rom is set to 710 Mhz by default and I have no problems with it. Yet, in the past I crashed on anything over 648 Mhz or whatever the setting was.
I figure it's either reporting 710 Mhz when it's really 600 Mhz, or PG did something right with the overclocking.
neither;)

So, I've been using the GPS on this thing a little bit more than in the past. It seems like when it gets a fix on the satellite, I can bring up any app that requires GPS and it connects almost immediately. A day or two later, when I try to connect GPS, it takes literally between 5-15 mins to get a satellite fix. I've tried using GPS toolbox, and that works ok for that day, after that same issue.

Anyone know of a way I can speed up the GPS locking on to the satellites? Are all our phones like this, or is it maybe my phone's hardware and/or where I am located??

So, I've been using the GPS on this thing a little bit more than in the past. It seems like when it gets a fix on the satellite, I can bring up any app that requires GPS and it connects almost immediately. A day or two later, when I try to connect GPS, it takes literally between 5-15 mins to get a satellite fix. I've tried using GPS toolbox, and that works ok for that day, after that same issue.

Anyone know of a way I can speed up the GPS locking on to the satellites? Are all our phones like this, or is it maybe my phone's hardware and/or where I am located??

Not just yours. Spyders takes like 10 minutes too. Mine only take like 3 or 4. I don't know if its location or what but some people's take longer to pinpoint

has anyone tried using GPS with network location enabled too?

I just tried it and holy shit! less then 30 seconds in the Google Navigation! But Took about another minute to pinpoint my exact location when I opened the maps tab. But still cut my time in half.

Back
Top Bottom