• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

In the location settings where you can turn the GPS on check the top 2 boxes.

Ahh that's what I figured, I always have that enabled. And I do have a good network connection where I'm at. I actually downloaded a file at 160kbps, which seems fast for Cricket 3g in my area (I'm a Townie), but that's another topic :)

Edit: Speed test says 1mbps

Thanks to some folks forking stuff (I kanged some of theirs in return ;)) from my github I now have a 2.6.32.9 kernel src that compiles!! Unfortunately it does not boot yet, but hey one step at a time eh? ;)

So over clocking to a stable 1ghz right? Riiiiggghht??? Ahaha ;)

Thanks to some folks forking stuff (I kanged some of theirs in return ;)) from my github I now have a 2.6.32.9 kernel src that compiles!! Unfortunately it does not boot yet, but hey one step at a time eh? ;)

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Doin back flips all over the house.. Can't wait for CM8 to come out.. :)

Hey PG - Question for you. I'm selling my Tab because i never use it, and the money I get from it will go to a new phone. I see you have the optimus, and I think you've done some dev for for the Ascend 2. Is the optimus really worth the extra money??

Hey PG - Question for you. I'm selling my Tab because i never use it, and the money I get from it will go to a new phone. I see you have the optimus, and I think you've done some dev for for the Ascend 2. Is the optimus really worth the extra money??

I would go for the optimus over the A2

i would suggest the Admire over optimus but the lg esteem over all, but that depends on your budget, and better things is going to be made for the admire, and i had manage to root and remove bloatware the same day i got it, actually the admire was rooted the next day it came out and with 1 click at that...;)

i would suggest the Admire over optimus but the lg esteem over all, but that depends on your budget, and better things is going to be made for the admire, and i had manage to root and remove bloatware the same day i got it, actually the admire was rooted the next day it came out and with 1 click at that...;)

I don't have options for either one of those phones through cricket. The Optimus is probably the most I can spend on a phone

from my understanding cricket is getting one but will be name something different, but (IMO) Optimus will be better than the ascend 2 but look here, Samsung Vitality with Muve Music Headed to Cricket Wireless

I'm here in Tucson, one of the stores has it. I played with it. It's actually pretty snappy. I like the feel of the phone. Feels sturdy. I don't like the red color I saw though. I would prefer a black phone over a red one.

Cricket already has the vitality, but they force you to pay an extra $10 a month for that Muve crap and they only have it in red. I suggest saving your money for the Huawei Glory. November is only a little over a month away now, and the Glory is a big step up from everything else they have. I also think it might come out a little early, since someone on the Glory forum is already claiming to have one.

http://androidforums.com/huawei-glory/

Can't get sound to work right. Notifications just makes two quick vibrations
And ringtone does its own thing. Runnin 0913. Anyone know of a fix?? Already re-flashed

Can't get sound to work right. Notifications just makes two quick vibrations
And ringtone does its own thing. Runnin 0913. Anyone know of a fix?? Already re-flashed

I had the same problem when i upgraded to 0913.. not even the droid boot up sound worked.. i ended up going back to the 0728 ( i think, the one before 0912 and 0913..) think we may be the only 2 who have had this issue :) I tried reflashing 3 times and no luck..

Everything is working great for me on 912 running at 729mhz. The gapps Shiny posted earlier with the 7.2 fix work lovely. Much faster than the 624 version my gf and I were running. Oddly, never had the light bug everyone was talking with, hard button lights were working on 624 and still are. Voice mail notifications never worked on either of our ascends on 624 but work fine on 912. The a2sd app seemed to take a while to kick in, the first several apps I downloaded went to internal storage, and about half an hour later, everything started moving over to the SD ext.

Thanks for a great update!

Also, love the new boot anim!

This may be a bit off topic for CM7, but I am trying to sell my Ascend now, and my voice/phone account is unlinked, but for some strange reason, there is still 3g service. Any way for me to mess up the data settings so it's the person who buys it cannot use my 3g service?

Back
Top Bottom