• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

If the line was disconnected it will still show the 3g or 1x signal. I forgot to pay my bill last month, meant to do it online but then totally forgot that night, and had signal and data but when I went to make a call I got the "You didnt pay your bill ha ha" message and was like damnnnnit! Ahaha

If the line was disconnected it will still show the 3g or 1x signal. I forgot to pay my bill last month, meant to do it online but then totally forgot that night, and had signal and data but when I went to make a call I got the "You didnt pay your bill ha ha" message and was like damnnnnit! Ahaha

Yeah the 3g service still works though, it receives SOME of my texts and I can surf the net.

Try putting it in airplane mode. Once the data gets disconnected, it might not reconnect.

I tried that too, it reconnects just fine, especially after a reboot.. I may just have to hang on to it a little while longer. You would think the people at Cricket would be able to disconnect that too, but according to the 3 people I spoke too, apparently not

Are custom ringtones working for individual contacts in the new build, or is it just whatever the default tone is set to?

Are custom ringtones working for individual contacts in the new build, or is it just whatever the default tone is set to?
it's still the same, although when my phone is in sleep mode, once in a while it rings to the ringtone i set, then later it goes back to default.

Yeah the 3g service still works though, it receives SOME of my texts and I can surf the net.

I got my Ascend and my gf's Ascend second hand from a work friend, and before that, I used a Moto Evoke I got from him. On all three phones, even though he already bough new phones and had them on his account, the old phones still had internet service working before I had them put on my account. I also could send MMS messages as him, but not txt. With the Ascends, you can download the APN Manager app and delete your number from the APN list to disable the MMS, as far as the internet, I don't know if you can stop it, but my only thought is to flash back to the stock rom and dial the reprogram number. *228. Dunno if that will work, though. Texting should stop working if you associate a new phone with your number.

You service provider have to manually go into the phone and program the phone number to the phone, even tho the phone is not active internet will still work via wifi, and also the number that was on there before you bought it will still be in the about phone, my number until you go get it activated and than thats when it will change cause the dealer will have to program the phone for service. And even if you revert back to stock or not, whatever prl that was on there will remain unless you dail *228 and update the prl which will put it to where it was before you push the prl update if you done it manually.

I mentioned flashing back to stock because on both my Ascends with the 614 CM7 the *228 prl update wouldn't go through. I had to flash back to stock, dial to program, and then flash back to my CM7. So I always keep a backup of the stock rom on my SD card.
With Cricket, though, it's more than just wifi. 3G and 1x internet continue to function even when the phone doesn't have service as long as the account the phone was last associate with is active. Even if the account has had a new phone assigned to it.

I mentioned flashing back to stock because on both my Ascends with the 614 CM7 the *228 prl update wouldn't go through. I had to flash back to stock, dial to program, and then flash back to my CM7. So I always keep a backup of the stock rom on my SD card.
With Cricket, though, it's more than just wifi. 3G and 1x internet continue to function even when the phone doesn't have service as long as the account the phone was last associate with is active. Even if the account has had a new phone assigned to it.

Ugh, that sucks. That explains the 3g situation. So, I cannot even sell this as a CM7 Ascend, I have to flash to stock for my buyer to be able to setup their account on the phone??

I'll try selling it with Icarus 1.1 on it. I liked that ROM, and it's almost stock, I would think they could do the flash update with basically the same firmware....

I have Huawei Ascend, Cricket, on 09132011 build. Been having two issues:
1. MMS sends scrambled texts, person that receives can't read it
2. SD card usually says it was unmounted after having it on awhile.

Are these known issues? How to fix?

I tried *228 as well but don't think this fixes it.

Hello everyone. I still have my Ascend running great and I love it. Thanks to everyone for all their imput into making these low end phones a better phone. But now I have got my eyes on the LG Esteem coming to my Metro store soon and may get it. But I gather it cannot be rooted as of yet. I sure love CM7 and dont like the idea of Metro bloatware; any ideas?:cool:

I have Huawei Ascend, Cricket, on 09132011 build. Been having two issues:
1. MMS sends scrambled texts, person that receives can't read it
2. SD card usually says it was unmounted after having it on awhile.

Are these known issues? How to fix?

I tried *228 as well but don't think this fixes it.
in the sms settings set it to split msgs over 160 characters.

the sdcard issue could be your sdcard ;)

;)i have a rooted ascend running 2.3.5 cm7(which i like very much:D) ,i have been browsing and experimenting several root apps and other apps from aptoide, (example:setCPU, ASTRO, UnZip, App Manager and several other apps) to try and enhance my ascend. im currently using v4.5.0.1 ROM Manager. recently my phone has benn randemly rebooting and loop booting, but when i take out my 8 gig sd card its fine but without my apps:mad:. it also works fine with a different sd card. how can i find out whats the cause of this mess? PLEASE somebody help

Is this one a known issue? or perhaps just mine?

Call Volume resets to a certain unknown volume when receiving calls (not the ringtone, but when you pick up the call). When pressing the volume key, indicator dictates the setting I was at then the volume would adjust to actual setting. Its pretty minor, but it sounds like my girlfriend is yelling at me everytime I pick up the phone from her.

I just confirmed it making calls....called my voicemail and the prompter was loud, was able to hear with the phone inches from my face. Had to hit volume down then up, to bring the volume to my setting.

In other words, anytime I send or receive a call, I need to hit volume down, then up (or vice versa), otherwise, they are loud (to me atleast).

I love the work you've done PG. thanx :cool:

First off what rom do you have? i believe its the setcpu app that's causing the problem, because your phone has a max of what the processor can handle before it boot loops and keep rebooting and the app is probably set to external so it downloaded on your sd card. thats why when you take the sd card your phone works properly... you probably have to flash your phone again and be careful if its playfulgods rom because his 2 roms are set to default at 748 for 09/12/2011 and 710 for 09/13/2011.

First off what rom do you have? i believe its the setcpu app that's causing the problem, because your phone has a max of what the processor can handle before it boot loops and keep rebooting and the app is probably set to external so it downloaded on your sd card. thats why when you take the sd card your phone works properly... you probably have to flash your phone again and be careful if its playfulgods rom because his 2 roms are set to default at 748 for 09/12/2011 and 710 for 09/13/2011.

thats the same thing i was thinking, so i jus formatted my card in a different phone and then booted backup in my phone, its not rebootin nomore, and im running 9/13/2011 as before but without cpu.....but now im havin a prob. clearing internal mem. and movin a2sd, i like cm7 its smooth, im jus stucv in a rut trying to get iot all tweaked out how i want it.....im workin wit ROM Manager cmw3.0.05

thats the same thing i was thinking, so i jus formatted my card in a different phone and then booted backup in my phone, its not rebootin nomore, and im running 9/13/2011 as before but without cpu.....but now im havin a prob. clearing internal mem. and movin a2sd, i like cm7 its smooth, im jus stucv in a rut trying to get iot all tweaked out how i want it.....im workin wit ROM Manager cmw3.0.05
Did you partition the SD card after you formatted it? You can do it in ROM Manager, do 512/32 swap, and the apps should move to SD automatically.

Back
Top Bottom