• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

I too am getting bored with the Ascend but I really can't afford a new phone right now and I think the Ascend is really as beefed up (ROM-wise) as its realistically gonna get. I want a new phone but not really feeling the prices of the "good" phones that metro offers right now... I see mteezey has evos that have been flashed to metro and that leads me to my question...
What is the fastest or most powerful phone right now that can be safely flashed to metro? Although almost anything is an upgrade compared to the ascend, if I'm gonna spend money on a new phone I want to move up a bit in the food chain, feel me?

moving post to main board...

Hey Gingerbread is my stop for ROMs for the Ascend. I already refuse to flash ICS on it if he built it and the src isnt even out. I think due to the hardware limitations on this phone it would ruin the ICS experience But theres other ways to ask or make a request for PG or anyone to build for another phone then "Hey you should ditch building for this phone community and build for this phone because Im upgrading to it"

aww that suxs i wont be changing my ascend till another year or so or not till march im kinda happy with wat the ascend has to offer as an android if anything this little ascend is awesome and is the best even tho u guys think its a shitty phone cause ur ascend lags or something but hey u gotta admit this phone can do things other phones cant but it would shurly suck if their is no more builds but yea if PG refuses to make more roms and continue on 2.3.7 then its ok i guess but it would suck but yea its all up to u guys

lol, the esteem is already on my project list, one is in the mail to me to dev with as I type this thanks to thevistor. I will still do stuff for the ascend, since I still have mine, but the focus may change somewhat for it. As in more customization of what we have for it or maybe my own lil twist on things. ;)

well it would be lame to not continue roms for the ascend if its gonna be the last on then it should be the best of best rooms all the way like tht 2.3.7 can be the last if its able get the ics thing and maxed out on the OC and stuff u know plus tht new lockscreen

well it would be lame to not continue roms for the ascend if its gonna be the last on then it should be the best of best rooms all the way like tht 2.3.7 can be the last if its able get the ics thing and maxed out on the OC and stuff u know plus tht new lockscreen
you can only polish a turd so much yanno ;) lol

From what I've been told that we have to use 3.0.0.5. That people who use the 2.5.1.8 (I think) the one used for Icarus causes problems. Here is the link. recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend.img

huang4.jpg

huang2.jpg

huang3.jpg
huh?

2.5.1.8 can be used just fine. Now if one wants to backup n restore sd-ext they need to use 3.0.2.8 isaac did or the 5.x I did.

Only reason icarus has to have 2.5.1.8 is because it uses amend (Old shyt) and edify (new shyt), and the newer CWM just do edify. And since icarus is 2.1 no one cares to convert it ;)

;)i have a rooted ascend running 2.3.5 cm7(which i like very much:D) ,i have been browsing and experimenting several root apps and other apps from aptoide, (example:setCPU, ASTRO, UnZip, App Manager and several other apps) to try and enhance my ascend. im currently using v4.5.0.1 ROM Manager. recently my phone has benn randemly rebooting and loop booting, but when i take out my 8 gig sd card its fine but without my apps:mad:. it also works fine with a different sd card. how can i find out whats the cause of this mess? PLEASE somebody help

Try going back to stock and then reinstall. That's what I had to do

well idk im still waiting to see this 2.3.7 update i just wanting to see if it will come soon or not or if it will come at all u know and hey isaac

This is still going! What's up people? :D
Still going but on life support. The patient is fading fast lol. Hoping PG gives us at least one more shot of adrenaline to keep it kicking a little longer. How goes things in Triumph land? Haven't checked over there in a while.

Hey isaac u think u can help with PG with the 2.3.7 it would be nice gift from u the creator of CM7 lol o nd tht update should have tht 3.0 lockscreen lol or something ha or watever way u guys can make it really awesome

Back
Top Bottom