• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

My wife and I both have ascends with metro. I put cm7 on both and realized we have the same mac addresses. So I put bobz version on mine and got a different address. Now months later I would like the newer versions of cm7 but I dont know if they have the same mac address or not. I love cm7 could one of yall cm7 genuis please make two versions with diff mac addresses or pull the original mac address from the phone? I am very thankful for all you guys do.

I am having the same problem as "JonnyCash" I have basic apps, nothing fancy anymore. and everything was running good til I restarted my phone, last night i formatted my sd card, reloaded my nandroid my contacts and my text and caller id backup, did a full factory reset on the phone cleared cache, factory reset so on. did all that phone worked fine up to where i had to turn my phone off in a funeral parlor, now it wont stay on for more then 5 mins without restarting. i disabled wifi i disabled data, restarts, cleared system cache, restarts, took out battery just left it plugged in restarts... i even left it on the charger for 3 hours before turning it on it still restarts

any help?

Today I tried flashing ver. CM7.2 release 9122011 over PlayfulMod 1.1. and have two issues, first it appears CWM recovery (3.0.0.5) doesnt do a data wipe/factory reset, the new rom boots up fine but all my previous user apps are still loaded (and running) on the phone! I have flashed this a couple times but still no 'wifi'..and no factory reset. when reading thru the wiki I thought it says 'wifi working'? I like the ROM but I need wifi as I dont have this phone on a data plan now, Which version can I flash and retain wifi? And any idea why the phone wont reset thru recovery would be appreciated!

Ummm all recoveries wipe data......

Are you wiping and formatting everything or are you trying to go straight over PlayfulMod? And yes wifi works. Has been pretty since the beginning....

Yes...wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache then data/factory reset wipe each time, only problem is the reset goes by so quickly, usually that step takes longer on my other phones, but it doesn't show any errors. I assume by 'format' you mean just these three steps or am I missing a step. Thanks again for your patience I am a bit of a noob on the Ascend.

After you wipe data, cache, and dalvik, go to "mounts and storage" and format everything except the sd card. Sd ext is okay but not the sd card. If you do it will wipe your sd card clean. Then once you flash CM7 and the gapps go back to advanced and slect "fix permissions" then reboot and you should be good to go.

got it...just did the wipes in reverse order and then toggled signature verification and I'm in! I guess the third time was the charm.Didn't have to format the mounts this time but thanks for the help shinyside!

I'm running 728 I love how much it does but it is really slow! It's hard to brag when my apps take up to a minute to open. Are there some settings I have wrong? Was I not suppose to remove previous roms from the sd card? I don't want to go back to stock but the speed with stock is super fast compared side by side. I know because my wife has the same phone hers is just rooted with no roms at all. She doesn't touch my phone which is OK but she also cracks jokes cause of how long it takes me to get in my apps! :-(

You probably have to much going on, on your phone. How many apps do you have? Is your sd card partitioned and running dta2sd?

I would. Just back up your sd card on to your comp and reboot into recovery go to advanced and select partition sd card. do 512mb and 32 swap. Once partitioned put your sd card into the comp move all your files back, put it back in the phone and reboot. If you flash the 3.0.2.8 recovery img when you make a back up it will back up all your apps on your ext also. Its also recommended that you have a class 4 or higher sd card. Partitioning it will take all your apps off the phone and put them on the sd and the swap will be used to free up RAM. You can also move all your dalvik to the sd which will free up even more room adn essentially make it faster.

My wife and I both have ascends with metro. I put cm7 on both and realized we have the same mac addresses. So I put bobz version on mine and got a different address. Now months later I would like the newer versions of cm7 but I dont know if they have the same mac address or not. I love cm7 could one of yall cm7 genuis please make two versions with diff mac addresses or pull the original mac address from the phone? I am very thankful for all you guys do.
thats sumtin in the driver I do believe what isaac said. I will get with isacc and Bob to see what they did.

This is thewring forum but need a metro user to tell me just boughtmy girl an evo on CL paid 100 for it not sure if the esn is good or bad but I can flashto metro either way right? anyone that can help let me know or put this thread where it belongs me buying her this phone is my way of being able to buy myself the esteen or the indulge without any headaches.

in system/etc/firmware, you can might can edit the macaddress in the nvram.txt, If your mac matches this one:

Code:
macaddr=00:90:4c:14:43:19

This is thewring forum but need a metro user to tell me just boughtmy girl an evo on CL paid 100 for it not sure if the esn is good or bad but I can flashto metro either way right? anyone that can help let me know or put this thread where it belongs me buying her this phone is my way of being able to buy myself the esteen or the indulge without any headaches.
metro is a pain to get to add ESN's to their network.

I would. Just back up your sd card on to your comp and reboot into recovery go to advanced and select partition sd card. do 512mb and 32 swap. Once partitioned put your sd card into the comp move all your files back, put it back in the phone and reboot. If you flash the 3.0.2.8 recovery img when you make a back up it will back up all your apps on your ext also. Its also recommended that you have a class 4 or higher sd card. Partitioning it will take all your apps off the phone and put them on the sd and the swap will be used to free up RAM. You can also move all your dalvik to the sd which will free up even more room adn essentially make it faster.

If i leave in my sd card when i partition it will it format my card. I'm still new to this. Can the partition and swap be a step added when i flash to 912? If so when or after which step should i do it?

If i leave in my sd card when i partition it will it format my card. I'm still new to this. Can the partition and swap be a step added when i flash to 912? If so when or after which step should i do it?

Yeah leave it in your phone and reboot into CWR and go to advanced and select partition sd card. The select 512 and 32 for swap.

So back up everything on your sd to your comp, partition it whihc will wipe and format it and partition it. Then either pull the battery out or if you have the 3.0.2.8 cwr go to power off then take out your sd card and put it in the comp move everything back to it, including 0912 and the gapps put it back in the phone wipe and format everything and then flash cm7 and the gapps and reboot.

Thank you so much PlayfulGod, I edited the mac address in the file you said and it worked perfectly!! I also have two guys at work with the same cm7 and we have to fight over the wifi, now I can change the mac addresses and solve all the problems. Again, thank you soooooo much!

Thank you so much PlayfulGod, I edited the mac address in the file you said and it worked perfectly!! I also have two guys at work with the same cm7 and we have to fight over the wifi, now I can change the mac addresses and solve all the problems. Again, thank you soooooo much!
np, I ran up on that working on the wifi for the a2 n figured thats what Bob did lol

Finally convinced the wife to let me play with her Ascend. Kickass ROM PG. Would the same fix for the screen animations for the OM work here. That would be kickass. Anyways TY yet again.

Finally convinced the wife to let me play with her Ascend. Kickass ROM PG. Would the same fix for the screen animations for the OM work here. That would be kickass. Anyways TY yet again.
if you referring the screen off animation no, the ascend has a suckier screen ;)

No offense to any. But by the time you release a build of 2.3.7 Gingerbread, Others and I will have a different phone; since the huawei ascend is getting old. I really don't see why you (PlayfulGod) try to make another build for the Ascend, yes it will be good but the builds already out is good as well. You should spend some time working on the LG Esteem up-coming ROMS.

No offense to any. But by the time you release a build of 2.3.7 Gingerbread, Others and I will have a different phone; since the huawei ascend is getting old. I really don't see why you (PlayfulGod) try to make another build for the Ascend, yes it will be good but the builds already out is good as well. You should spend some time working on the LG Esteem up-coming ROMS.

Was that your way of trying to request him to build for another phone that you want or are getting and a "way" on how for him to make more free time to do so by ditching another phone?

Was that your way of trying to request him to build for another phone that you want or are getting and a "way" on how for him to make more free time to do so by ditching another phone?

I see where he is coming from. I loved my ascend but the roms slowed down I started getting bored. I love pgs roms though I even donated then a couple days later bought two evos and flashed to metro. I would love the esteem but kid and wife...... basically gotta wait till metro can lower handset prices.

Back
Top Bottom