• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

Whoa! Unforgiven. I just downloaded the app for my old Nook tablet, and have all my books on my N7. The download of Getting More(appropriately) came down in an instant. (shazaam) Now to see if I can transfer the Amazon Fire content, and then go over to Ebay for a fire sale of Fire. (Nerd night in NY,yo)

@pup

Thank you for your constant presence in this thread. You are making everyone's wait easier.

jmar

I'm as excited as the rest of the folks here and am waiting as (im)patiently as the rest. We'll at least have fun on the ride.:D

Whoa! Unforgiven. I just downloaded the app for my old Nook tablet, and have all my books on my N7. The download of Getting More(appropriately) came down in an instant. (shazaam) Now to see if I can transfer the Amazon Fire content, and then go over to Ebay for a fire sale of Fire. (Nerd night in NY,yo)

You should be able to load the Amazon app and have all your Amazon books at your fingertips. I have about a hundred books on my Sony Reader that I am curious to see if I can transfer over myself.

Well I'm not exactly impressed: Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Tuesday, 07/24/2012, By End of Day Good thing I paid $20 for 2 days shipping 3 weeks ago. But we're canadian, so who cares.

Just received my email less than 10 minutes ago. Remember, I ordered my 16GB with the cover on June 28th:
Jjb6s.png

Have one on preorder from Gametsop because they are impossible to find in any GS, Sams Club, Office Depot etc...The one I ordered isn't supposed to show up until Aug 7th though. So I just ordered the 8GB from the Play Store and going to cancel my GS order.

I just now also got an email from Google saying that 16 GB preorders made before July 11 will shop this week with expedited overnight shipping.

Cool!

Y'all,

Thank you to everyone who has kept this thread respectful.

I got mine and am taking a moment of silence for you all.

:momentofsilence:

jmar

Just got an email from Google on my order. All N7's ordered by 7/11 will be shipped by 7/19 and shipping has been changed to Overnite. N7's ordered after 7/11 will be shipped Overnite next week.

Just got the Email from Google telling me it will be here by Friday. Why couldn't this clarity have been achieved last week?

Do any canadians remember what the shipping said? I could have sworn it was 2 day shipping, but now there's a little banner when you add it to your cart that says 3-5 days. EDIT: Found it: Delivery (Two Day Shipping): CA$19.99

I agree, it was ridiculous. I pushed the small box out of the sleeve (which was a tight fit, but slid out with as much pressure as a toddler could apply), cut the tape on each side, and slid the box apart.

I was expecting to fight with it from all the posts/videos. It took maybe 5 seconds to get the box open.

I had a horrible time with mine since I like to leave my boxes intact. (Might have to return it.) The tape on the box inside had curled over when they jammed the cover on it so I was shaking it until the cows came home and finally loosened it with a knife shoved in on all 8 sides. I bet it took me 5 minutes.

Just got the Email from Google telling me it will be here by Friday. Why couldn't this clarity have been achieved last week?

Because they have been constantly changing the delivery time. Before this update, they had set the delivery for today. Then yesterday i called and they said they would be shipping until Wednesday and now apparently is until Thursday.

An update on Nexus 7 pre-order shipping statusAn update on Nexus 7 pre-order shipping statusWe’ve had incredible demand for our new Nexus 7 tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. When your device ships you will receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number. We will have all orders placed through July 13 processed and shipped soon. Orders placed after July 13 will ship according to the quoted timeframe when you purchased and we will update you with a tracking number when we've shipped. Thanks for your patience.Below are more specific details by country for devices ordered through July 13.*If the below information is not true for you, and you ordered on or before July 13, please reach out to our support team so we can investigate.

In the US:We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. But don’t worry, the rest of your order will be on its way soon.

In Canada:We’ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. We are in the process of shipping Nexus 7 16GB orders and will ship them in 1-2 weeks.

In the UK:All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST). All Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST), will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week.

In Australia:All Nexus 7 8GB and Nexus 7 16GB orders will be fulfilled by the end of day on July 19 (AEST) and will arrive in 3-5 days.*

Just got an update on my tracking number. It says delivery should happen by the end of Friday. Kinda disappointed since that is 3 days in my opinion. I got the email at 3am today, so by my count it should be here no later than Thursday...

I would try emailing the dev although I am sure many are hard at work updating their apps. I have had great luck with emailing them, at least letting me know that they are working on an update.`

Yeah, I went to their website and was going to ask when I saw a note saying that Kelly been support should be coming soon.

The parts I bolded in the email give me the most hope.
We will have all orders placed through July 13 processed and shipped soon. Below are more specific details by country for devices ordered through July 13. If the below information is not true for you, and you ordered on or before July 13, please reach out to our support team so we can investigate.
In the US:
We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping.
I like that this update has much more conviction behind it compared to earlier updates. We now have a solid deadline to work with. This is all very encouraging. Unfortunately I would be even more angry if they fail me because they are being date specific.

Wait, so if I order a 16GB today, I will have it next week? It says 3-4 weeks on Google Play.

Doubtful... honestly id either be prepared to wait a while, or buy it from somewhere else and refuse your UPS order when it arrives in a month...

From the last post, I understood that if you ordered before the 11th, you should get your 8gb in the mail soon, but if you ordered the 16gb, it will take a while to get to you.

If I were you, I would get one from a nearby store, and refuse the order to UPS and get your money back from Google...

Back
Top Bottom