• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ Team Osiris ][ Linaro ] CyanogenMOD 10 Beta 2.0 Camera WORKING ( Jellybean 4.1.2 ) for ZTE WARP

Any of our devs interested in a slightly used, recently bathed Warp?
After an extremely unlikely string of events my Warp has been washed in a pitcher of sweet tea at work tonight (Happy New Year!). Incidentally I had been setting aside money to purchase a new Android device on Sprint and Best Buy's Student Deal Trap currently in progress, I just hadn't planned on doing so under these circumstances.
So my offer remains, free Warp purchased in September last year, currently running Milestone 8, to any dev that may have need of it. Possibly repairable.
Warp Destruction Detail: Warp fell top first into a pitcher of sweet tea around 11:45 while charging, but did not become fully submerged. Only the top 1/4 or less became submerged due to being plugged into a charging cable. I immediately unplugged, removed the back cover and the battery, and after wiping all visible liquid off the surface of the Warp allowed it to air dry for about 20 minutes. (Should have done longer.)
Currently the Warp seems to power up with some occasional freakish video glitches, but does not allow interaction from the touchscreen. Top edges of the screen are blurred white even when phone is powered off. I'm not yet sure exactly how far damaged the phone is.

Any of our devs interested in a slightly used, recently bathed Warp?
After an extremely unlikely string of events my Warp has been washed in a pitcher of sweet tea at work tonight (Happy New Year!). Incidentally I had been setting aside money to purchase a new Android device on Sprint and Best Buy's Student Deal Trap currently in progress, I just hadn't planned on doing so under these circumstances.
So my offer remains, free Warp purchased in September last year, currently running Milestone 8, to any dev that may have need of it. Possibly repairable.
Warp Destruction Detail: Warp fell top first into a pitcher of sweet tea around 11:45 while charging, but did not become fully submerged. Only the top 1/4 or less became submerged due to being plugged into a charging cable. I immediately unplugged, removed the back cover and the battery, and after wiping all visible liquid off the surface of the Warp allowed it to air dry for about 20 minutes. (Should have done longer.)
Currently the Warp seems to power up with some occasional freakish video glitches, but does not allow interaction from the touchscreen. Top edges of the screen are blurred white even when phone is powered off. I'm not yet sure exactly how far damaged the phone is.

Give it like two days. My warp was water damaged and the speaker stopped functioning because I had my phone in my uniform during a thunderstorm during marching band season... fully drenched. The phone was literally dripping. Two days with an hour in rice and voila! Its alive!

Give it like two days. My warp was water damaged and the speaker stopped functioning because I had my phone in my uniform during a thunderstorm during marching band season... fully drenched. The phone was literally dripping. Two days with an hour in rice and voila! Its alive!

After letting it dry out over night it seems to be working so far. No crazy video issues like it was doing. Audio seems to be at a lower volume level but that may just be me.

Still planning to upgrade phone within the next 3 days, so my offer ultimately still stands, if any of our incredible devs need another test unit.

can i get some help plz and thank you i try to google it but had no luck heres what happen i had the cm 10 on my phone i was messing around on my own risk i had a file from another phone it was wifi fix it was build for optimus elite because it had some what issue with wifi mac address mess up some what going on in this cm 10 well like i said i boot in to cwr and installed it well after i reboot it got stuck on the alian image i try to do vol up and power no luck there then i try to get in to ftm and no luck there to get it back in to recovery so whats next how can i get this monster going again thanks for the help

can i get some help plz and thank you i try to google it but had no luck heres what happen i had the cm 10 on my phone i was messing around on my own risk i had a file from another phone it was wifi fix it was build for optimus elite because it had some what issue with wifi mac address mess up some what going on in this cm 10 well like i said i boot in to cwr and installed it well after i reboot it got stuck on the alian image i try to do vol up and power no luck there then i try to get in to ftm and no luck there to get it back in to recovery so whats next how can i get this monster going again thanks for the help

I'm sorry to say if you cant get your phone into recovery then you have bricked your phone. To my knowledge the only way to fix a bricked phone is to send it to zte. This is why we always repeat never flash something made for a different phone. Sorry to hear bout that man but there is really nothing you can do without recovery.

Maybe someone has the ZTE tool for the WARP. I know I downloaded it a long time ago 2yrs ago when it was available on their website. I will look thru my files to see if I can find it. It might not work, but if you bricked it can't really hurt.

EDIT: Good luck! Hopefully your computer will see the phone and you can get STOCK back.

I found 2 files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/amyj2aakih9b8sq/P020111213164015328335.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k7noclbii4nbay/ZTE Warp Base Rom.exe

And Instructions file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1srje8dbq78v69/ZTE Warp Guide to Upgrade.pdf

Are there any reports of this working on a Canadian (Public Mobile) Warp? I had bad luck last time I experimented with Boost Roms(GPS died and missed calls issue became worse). Now on my 2nd Warp I'd love to see something other than gingerbread on my phone and maybe play GTA San Andreas (it doesn't work in gingerbread)

Thank you for your efforts but please consider making a public mobile version of the ROM. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom