• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ Team Osiris ][ Linaro ] CyanogenMOD 10 Beta 2.0 Camera WORKING ( Jellybean 4.1.2 ) for ZTE WARP

i cant tell you for 100% sure.. but go ahead and try... cant hurt. its only a config file

This is my thought:

[HIGH]global_configuration {
attached_output_devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER
default_output_device AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER
attached_input_devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_COMMUNICATION
default_input_device AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC
}[/HIGH]

after reading this:

# audio hardware module section: contains descriptors for all audio hw modules present on the
# device. Each hw module node is named after the corresponding hw module library base name.
# for instance, "primary" corresponds to audio.primary.<device>.so.
# the "primary" module is mandatory and must include at least one output with
# AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY flag.

Is there a media_codecs.xml under /system/etc/ ?? There might be something in there rickpcb

Thanks Skinny. I took a look, but I don't feel this has to do with decoding. The mic works, the rom just doesn't select a default audio input device when receiving a call... so if when receiving a call you then select speakerphone - voila - you have chosen an input device. Now this could come from any number of areas in the rom... so I'm starting with the basics LOL and being pretty new to this I'm sure I'm not right on the first try ;) but I'm determined!

Unfortunately I need my daily driver rom (Warp OEM) to function with my day job, but I'm trying to make time to research this and find a fix. I have read countless threads on XDA to try to grasp the theory and learn where to start looking - but as DM and the others have proven - this is groundbreaking work - I can't find anything device specific that helps by searching.

Luckily we have incredible devs who let us see their changes in github (thanks DM - I'm learning alot!) and hopefully I can help out a little - I'm gonna give it a shot! :D

Thanks Skinny. I took a look, but I don't feel this has to do with decoding. The mic works, the rom just doesn't select a default audio input device when receiving a call... so if when receiving a call you then select speakerphone - voila - you have chosen an input device. Now this could come from any number of areas in the rom... so I'm starting with the basics LOL and being pretty new to this I'm sure I'm not right on the first try ;) but I'm determined!

Unfortunately I need my daily driver rom (Warp OEM) to function with my day job, but I'm trying to make time to research this and find a fix. I have read countless threads on XDA to try to grasp the theory and learn where to start looking - but as DM and the others have proven - this is groundbreaking work - I can't find anything device specific that helps by searching.

Luckily we have incredible devs who let us see their changes in github (thanks DM - I'm learning alot!) and hopefully I can help out a little - I'm gonna give it a shot! :D

I'm pretty new to this too, but I'm learning at very tiny baby steps :D
I'll keep searching to see what I can find, from what I know most of it is configured properly, so it has to be a dependency file somewhere I think.

I'm pretty new to this too, but I'm learning at very tiny baby steps :D
I'll keep searching to see what I can find, from what I know most of it is configured properly, so it has to be a dependency file somewhere I think.

Thanks! That was another thought I had, I just don't know where to start with that... hence all the reading and research... Hopefully tomorrow after work I will have time to try my first guess. It seems too elementary to be right, but you never know...

Just a question and not to take away from Merc's because its a great rom but have you tryed tried Noobs rom and again just a question, but for me in the past its seems to be more of a daily driver rom and the only reason I say this is because for me on my warp, the alien kernel seem to give me issues on wifi and some config issues, but with bobo's rom install and go, sorry Merc, just my opinion...........

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I was pulling low 7000 in benchmarks with Mercs rom.........

Just a question and not to take away from Merc's because its a great rom but have you tryed tried Noobs rom and again just a question, but for me in the past its seems to be more of a daily driver rom and the only reason I say this is because for me on my warp, the alien kernel seem to give me issues on wifi and some config issues, but with bobo's rom install and go, sorry Merc, just my opinion...........

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I was pulling low 7000 in benchmarks with Mercs rom.........

Thanks! Yes I have used Noob and several others. I use WOEM daily because I'm trying to figure out the one issue we can't figure out since beta testing... app manager force closing and reboots when uninstalling apps.

Whoa I really really love this one, but, and I know it's lame, I cannot play Candy Crush since the installation... any suggestions? :eek::eek:

Oh I knew I would get some heat for that... sadly I'm using other rom and playing at the moment... shame on me...
:(
But as soon as the new milestone is out I'll flash it.
Yesterday I spent 4 hours playing with JB and getting to work the Wi-Fi...

Had a somewhat scary problem when flashing M4 in TRWP 2.5 system completely locked up on boot every time, finally had to hard boot and recover to CWM and reflash M4.

I suspect it's more likely an issue with TWRP then the actual M4 nightly but just wanted to share anyway just in case its relevant.

Keep up the good work :D

Back
Top Bottom