• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS770][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

To anyone having freezing, locking, or overheating issues there's no need to jump ship or go through a bunch of craziness. You just need to go down to the 1.62 kernel.. I promise it will help stop your issues..
That's correct... The 1.62 has a normal pattern for voltage so it'll work on all phones.

The 1.674 has a lower voltage pattern at the tail end which will only run on select few devices that are able to run on low voltage.

To be honest, the spirit and motion don't need high overclocks if any. They're both fast phones out of the box.

Overclocking on these phones is really for bragging rights or maybe a little extra power for gaming.

Upvote 0
You know the drill, so here's the warning... You're flashing this at your own risk and I'm not responsible.

Freedom Kernel 1.674ghz Overclock

Features:
--You can remove "any" app from phone without bricking
--Full ADB root access
--Added Interactive Governor (arguably the best one)
--1.674ghz Overclock

* Use it wisely... Don't run overclocked 24/7, there's no need for that!

---Just flash zip in recovery

Fully stable, so you can use it as daily.

Change Log:
8/3/2013
---Added F aboot

7/26/2013
---Increased OC to 1.674ghz

7/21/2013
---First release
---1.62ghz OC
*** Also flashes firmware F aboot ***

Please do not host these links! Just point people to this thread.
Download-1.674ghz - For Motions that could run on low voltage
OR

Download-1.62ghz - Works on all Motions

Free app for overclock & enable interactive gov

My source code

Huge thanks to Bliss for loki_patch.

If you like my work and like to show some appreciation, please click the thanks button. :)

Thank you all.

Enjoy! ;)
Possible to turn off the second CPU? Seems like its constantly on. I tried an app and it didn't do anything after applying it.

Upvote 0
Possible to turn off the second CPU? Seems like its constantly on. I tried an app and it didn't do anything after applying it.
No there's not. Besides, why would you want to turn off the 2nd core on a dual core cpu? That eliminates the purpose of having a dual core.

Reactions: Android?What!?
Upvote 0
Is there any hope to getting the BC 1.1 (fast charge via usb) module supported on this kernel I know there are other androids that do support it but I have not been able to find much documentation on it. Also just wanted to give my official thanks on this to GameTheory (for the kernel) and Angablade (C Modem) I was able to get his zip to finally work after fixing up the updater-script.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Is there any hope to getting the BC 1.1 (fast charge via usb) module supported on this kernel I know there are other androids that do support it but I have not been able to find much documentation on it. Also just wanted to give my official thanks on this to GameTheory (for the kernel) and Angablade (C Modem) I was able to get his zip to finally work after fixing up the updater-script.
Thanks for the support bro. ;)

Sorry, I wont be able to add that module. Since I don't own this phone there's not a whole lot a can do.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the thanks and all, didn't realize it was messy. It's all good tho, I will fix it. And never thank me for a file like that. It was just pulled out of a firmware update file. I just uploaded it, and tried to make a zip that failed. I have been reading up on fast charge for a while. I could hard code it into a kernel, but it needs to be set to depend on a toggle for when you want to actually use usb mode. Right now, I don't have the time or energy to work on that.

[edit] I was ninja'd.
GT, add me on skype?

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
I'm stuck on cm10 with no recovery and a stock kernel.
Is there away to flash this kernel without a recovery?
Catch 22 if I need a recovery to flash the zip file but I need to flash
The zip file to load a custom kernel to install a recovery.

for one thing, you don't need a custom kernel to install a recovery. the recovery is lokied and can be used by itself with stock kernel if thats what you choose. second, you could always use dd command in an adb shell to push the recovery. but i'm not going to explain all that so your best bet is to just unbrick ,reflash and be done with it. i can guarantee that you have recovery in cm your just not doing it right. you have to reboot recovery from the power menu then when the phone starts to reboot start tapping volume down repeatedly real fast till the recovery comes up. really you dont even have to use the reboot recovery in the power menu. on cm, anytime your phone is booting you can spam volume down to get to recovery.

Upvote 0
I can try tapping down like you said I just don't want to brick the phone. I might want to stay on cm10 a little while longer to see if an update comes out rather than return to stock. If I already tried installing l2deinit using init1 and init2 and it locked up I rebooted will it still work or will I have to unbrick?

Upvote 0
how is tapping down going to brick your phone. you have to do something like flashing stuff you dont understand to partitions you know nothing about to brick your phone. a soft brick is different from a hard brick and you could always use the unbrick method to recover from soft brick. but tapping down is not going to brick your phone. thats just how you get into recovery. i didn't make it up, it's not a trick or something that might work or hey maybe try this. it's how you do it.

Reactions: SwoRNLeaDejZ
Upvote 0
I get morning call is empty. It could have broke when I tried to install l2deinit.
This is the first custom ROM I installed where I can't use the same recovery I had in stock.
Where can I get info on how to install a recovery through the adb bridge. Step by step if possible?
If I knew it had a recovery I wouldn't have tried to flash one. Now its probably to late.
I have a nandroid of stock I'm not sure if l2deinit is the only one that can restore it or if another recovery can.
If all else fails I'll go unbrick route when an updated cm10 comes out. I just wish there was a better solution.

Upvote 0
I may do that when I am forced to. I only have a call volume issue with cm10.
People have worse issues. Don't want the chance of those issues.
I want to make a nandroid of my current state really. If there were instructions to install a recovery that would work is do it now. Other option leave it alone and unbrick after next pg cm10 update rolls out. Because that will fix current issues. Recovery.tar is there. What does that mean?

Upvote 0
I may do that when I am forced to. I only have a call volume issue with cm10.
People have worse issues. Don't want the chance of those issues.
I want to make a nandroid of my current state really. If there were instructions to install a recovery that would work is do it now. Other option leave it alone and unbrick after next pg cm10 update rolls out. Because that will fix current issues. Recovery.tar is there. What does that mean?

What are you talking about "chancing those issues." that doesn't make sense. If you unbrick, then root, then install recovery, then flash PG's latest build, you will be fine. Everything will work. And after you flash CM10 again, LEAVE IT ALONE, it has a fully functioning recovery built into it, you don't have to touch it.

EDIT: I don't think you realize that people are making progress in PG's thread, things are getting fixes, that ROM gets closer and closer to complete and issue-free every day. If there was ever a time to unbrick, it's now. Just do yourself a favor, if you decide to unbrick, the phone is going to reboot by itself at around 80%, DON'T DISCONNECT IT, let it finish.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the thanks and all, didn't realize it was messy. It's all good tho, I will fix it. And never thank me for a file like that. It was just pulled out of a firmware update file. I just uploaded it, and tried to make a zip that failed. I have been reading up on fast charge for a while. I could hard code it into a kernel, but it needs to be set to depend on a toggle for when you want to actually use usb mode. Right now, I don't have the time or energy to work on that.

[edit] I was ninja'd.
GT, add me on skype?

Can you at least point me in the right direction on this one I have been searching google for quite some time without seeming to find much. I know there are already apps on market for setting the toggle so that should not be much of an issue. Just need to know how to go about getting the modules and compiling the kernel. Since I tend to do a shit ton on my phone the standard USB charging does not even cut it.

Upvote 0
aDMhpCF7

I'm not exactly sure where it came to be that c-modem is faster but at least not for me.. I just flashed back to F and this is my latest speed test.. I was getting anywhere from 700-950kbps down give or take on C..

Dropbox link just in case
http://db.tt/aDMhpCF7

EDIT: Oh btw thanks for the flashable F

Upvote 0
Aren't we able to uninstall anything with this kernel? i just uninstalled something to do with phone and messaging app and now i keep getting force close pop ups every second doesn't let me do anything at all:

"Unfortunately, Phone has stopped."

Now that i run into this i was thinking... why doesn't anybody make a flashable zip that places back any important system apk/s for these type of cases.

Upvote 0
Aren't we able to uninstall anything with this kernel? i just uninstalled something to do with phone and messaging app and now i keep getting force close pop ups every second doesn't let me do anything at all:

"Unfortunately, Phone has stopped."
Lol, You have to be reasonable. If you had the stock kernel installed and would have removed this, you probably would have bricked.

Instead you're getting force closes which is much better than bricking. If you remove an app that is being depended on by another app to work, this is exactly what happens. It's sort of common sense. :rolleyes:

General rule... If you don't know what it's for, leave it alone or ask around about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones