• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

May Be Switching To Optimus M

Really? WOW! Tell me more about these "tubes" kind sir! By the way, is your name Ted Stevens?
Umm... no, of course not. On a completely different subject, would you like to invest in a bridge by any chance? Just dont ask too many questions about where the bridge leads to, okay? Some people get a little touchy about that.

Upvote 0
If I can't have the 24K Gold one I don't want any at all!!! :p
What, no diamonds? The iPhone is for simple people who don't want to even remotely mess with their phones at all. The article I read quoted a lady who bought an android from verizon, but took it back because it was "too complicated". She couldn't wait to get an iPhone because her "granddaughter can use one" nuff said?

Upvote 0
What, no diamonds? The iPhone is for simple people who don't want to even remotely mess with their phones at all. The article I read quoted a lady who bought an android from verizon, but took it back because it was "too complicated". She couldn't wait to get an iPhone because her "granddaughter can use one" nuff said?

She must live in Scottsdale! I think I KNOW her! LOL

Yeah...nuff said! :p

Upvote 0
umm... I really do not know why you all are saying metro won't get it....google it and you will clearly see they ARE getting it sometime in the future....I never said anything about Cricket.

Hey I just saw on Metro's website, they realeased the Metro version of Samsung galaxy.g enabled with a 1ghz processor.....$399 but probably worth every penny!!!

Upvote 0
Hey Blast...did you see in the Huawei News (google it for today) that the U.S. is 'cracking down' on Huawei saying they feel Huawei poses a security threat here in the U.S.?

I wonder if those nice big donations that Motorola gives to certain Senator's campaigns have anything at all to do with this.

After all...Huawei IS suing Motorola over IP theft.

;)

Upvote 0
Donations, huh? You mean like the donations the music and movie industries make to congress so they can try to be the internet police and sue or disconnect you for file sharing? Somehow I'm not surprised.

Yeah! Those are the kind I'm talking about! LOL

My b/f says that Senators and Congressmen should wear outfits like the Nascar drivers do.

You know...with the emblems:

Sponsored by Motorola....sponsored by Comcast....etc.

Now see....my Senator shouldn't say he's the Senator for Arizona. He should say he's the Senator for whatever huge corporation bought him. :)

I'm such a cynic!!!

;)

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect a old thread, but something amazing happened today. I was 10-15 minutes north of my home, and my optimus 1x changed to 3G and I WAS NOT roaming. It seems 3G is being implemented slowly into south florida, and it's about time. I thought maybe it was a display bug so I tried to load some pages, and it was WAY QUICKER than 1x speeds so it was honestly true 3G speeds. I am so happy, this ends a lot of arguments about the ascend and optimus NOT being able to have 3G speeds as this is now untrue. Both phones are indeed capable of 3G, you just need a 3G signal.

Upvote 0
Just curious what PRL are you on? I live in central Fla, on the east coast, Brevard county to be exact and mine changed to 3020 and 3g was border line okay. But a couple days ago I got my hands on the 3022 PRL and its like Im on wifi compared to when I was on 1x

No idea what my PRL is but I was still in my coverage area when I went to a 3G signal non roaming. I am going back to that area 2day for dinner, so I am going to be watching as I drive when exactly it switches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones