• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

It gotta be a kernel error I been reading on the HAL error it has to be kernel

yeah all these phones dont have the same camera

the 505 Euro kernel has support for the two cameras that I have

S5K4E5YA
IMX119

but has support for only one of your camera IMX119

your other camera OV5693 is not supported by the Euro kernel

I tried taking the OV5693 driver from the JB kernel and adding it to the kernel source
and I switched the liboemcamera.so with the JB version

https://github.com/hroark13/lge_f6mt_cm11/commit/299274868814a40f50538e167cc685e97c3e8ee2

I was hoping it would work for you, but I guess not

I may not be able to fix this with out having a phone with that camera in it

This might also be the reason for our GPS issues in the US. I notice a bunch of info for the UK but not a lot for the US. It might be that our phones are only locking onto 4 of the satellites that we share with the UK?

yeah all these phones dont have the same camera

the 505 Euro kernel has support for the two cameras that I have

S5K4E5YA
IMX119

but has support for only one of your camera IMX119

your other camera OV5693 is not supported by the Euro kernel

I tried taking the OV5693 driver from the JB kernel and adding it to the kernel source
and I switched the liboemcamera.so with the JB version

https://github.com/hroark13/lge_f6mt_cm11/commit/299274868814a40f50538e167cc685e97c3e8ee2

I was hoping it would work for you, but I guess not

I may not be able to fix this with out having a phone with that camera in it

Sir sorry for the stupid question, that means that can i (and the other owners of F6 Euro D505) have some hope to see your cm11 on our device? There are some plans to make it work on D505 too?

I'm writing this only to understand if the sources from LG included in your tree are still used to be compatible with D505 or if the other pieces of hw are excluded in the build process...

Btw, thanks for your patience and your amazing work on this device... In 6 years looking in the other devices scene I Didn't see anything like that, so fast and accurate! Amazing Sir, Keep it up! :)

Hey guys, I'm sorta in a dilemma. Maybe someone can help me.

Last night I decided that I wanted to try out the rom, and I've flashed a few roms already, so I didn't figure I was going to have so many issues. I am going from Xperion's last build with CWM to this rom. I started with a factory reset then I went through the process of changing from CWM to TWRP, and then attempting to flash CM11. CM11 installed fine but GApps gave me an error "Error in /temp/update.zip". So I decided to factory reset again and then sideload CM11 again, now CM11 is saying that it can't mount /data/.

So now I have to figure to flash the stock 12b rom, but both R7D Test tools don't seem to want to work. If anyone would be able to help then I'd appreciate it.

AFAIK, LG just does not allow non-LG apps to access IR blaster, so there is a chance that by using LG QRemote and sdk it will work.

overall, tremendous project, tremendous progress in such a short time.

Hroark13 rocks.

But for now I have:

- GPS not really working;
- QRemote not working;
- Isis Mobile Wallet not being able to install (although it seems to be a problem for all devices on all CM ROMs).

Unless those issues are fixed, I am going back to stock.

Well I'm sorry but I don't think we could get the remote fixed the g2 didn't get theirs fixed and its been proving rather difficult won't send ir codes at all

I have a question why is it difficult to include wifi calling ? In cm 11 .as someone stated . I mean its one of the main features n im sure its the most usefull whenu have no signal coverage ,

Sir sorry for the stupid question, that means that can i (and the other owners of F6 Euro D505) have some hope to see your cm11 on our device? There are some plans to make it work on D505 too?

I'm writing this only to understand if the sources from LG included in your tree are still used to be compatible with D505 or if the other pieces of hw are excluded in the build process...

Btw, thanks for your patience and your amazing work on this device... In 6 years looking in the other devices scene I Didn't see anything like that, so fast and accurate! Amazing Sir, Keep it up! :)

first thing you need working on that phone is Loki

do you know if you have Loki ?

Hey guys, I'm sorta in a dilemma. Maybe someone can help me.

Last night I decided that I wanted to try out the rom, and I've flashed a few roms already, so I didn't figure I was going to have so many issues. I am going from Xperion's last build with CWM to this rom. I started with a factory reset then I went through the process of changing from CWM to TWRP, and then attempting to flash CM11. CM11 installed fine but GApps gave me an error "Error in /temp/update.zip". So I decided to factory reset again and then sideload CM11 again, now CM11 is saying that it can't mount /data/.

So now I have to figure to flash the stock 12b rom, but both R7D Test tools don't seem to want to work. If anyone would be able to help then I'd appreciate it.
Looks like you were trying to run update.zip, which I've never used on custom recovery. You may need to format data then restore/flash additional files; twrp has option to format data, but I'm not certain of cwm.

Looks like you were trying to run update.zip, which I've never used on custom recovery. You may need to format data then restore/flash additional files; twrp has option to format data, but I'm not certain of cwm.

I already have TWRP up, which is what I'm used to from my Nexus 7 (2013). The problem I'm having now is that I'm unable to mount the /data folder, which is why I cant' format /data.

Edit: Here is the R&D Log
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

12:38:23 : Start fn_StartUpgrade
12:38:23 : Extract kdz file
12:38:27 : kdz decrypt Success
12:38:28 : Extract file Success.
12:38:28 : LGMobileDL Load.
12:38:28 : Port = -1
12:38:28 : Connection check start.
12:38:43 : Check Phone mode = 2
12:38:43 : Phone type check.......
12:38:44 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
12:38:45 : _SetAuthMark Fail
12:38:45 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
12:38:45 : _DetachDLL Call
12:38:50 : _DetachDLL Call End
12:38:50 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\MS50012b_Develop.wdb
12:38:50 : Param : moduleDir =
12:38:50 : Param : waitTime = 526173217
12:38:50 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
12:38:50 : Param : PhoneMode = 2
12:38:50 : Param : BinVersion = MS50012b_00
12:38:50 : Param : AuthMark = 65535
12:38:50 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Edit2: Seems to be because of USB 3.0 port. It seems to be working correctly now.

I already have TWRP up, which is what I'm used to from my Nexus 7 (2013). The problem I'm having now is that I'm unable to mount the /data folder, which is why I cant' format /data.

Edit: Here is the R&D Log
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

12:38:23 : Start fn_StartUpgrade
12:38:23 : Extract kdz file
12:38:27 : kdz decrypt Success
12:38:28 : Extract file Success.
12:38:28 : LGMobileDL Load.
12:38:28 : Port = -1
12:38:28 : Connection check start.
12:38:43 : Check Phone mode = 2
12:38:43 : Phone type check.......
12:38:44 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
12:38:45 : _SetAuthMark Fail
12:38:45 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
12:38:45 : _DetachDLL Call
12:38:50 : _DetachDLL Call End
12:38:50 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\MS50012b_Develop.wdb
12:38:50 : Param : moduleDir =
12:38:50 : Param : waitTime = 526173217
12:38:50 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
12:38:50 : Param : PhoneMode = 2
12:38:50 : Param : BinVersion = MS50012b_00
12:38:50 : Param : AuthMark = 65535
12:38:50 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Edit2: Seems to be because of USB 3.0 port. It seems to be working correctly now.
I don't 100% understand your situation; it's a bit over my head. Have you tried formatting data under wipe menu in twrp and then factory reset from same menu? I had to boot into twrp with button combination which led to data partition being unmountable, but formatting it fixed the issue.

I have a question why is it difficult to include wifi calling ? In cm 11 .as someone stated . I mean its one of the main features n im sure its the most usefull whenu have no signal coverage ,
Because CM does not include carrier software, my HTC one Google edition didn't have WiFi calling either

The main reason for AOSP is to NOT have carrier bundles,

Plus WIFI calling requires a toggle too, and there is no toggle for it on CM11

that's just not the function for an AOSP ROM. An AOSP ROM is suppose to be just Google, not T-Mobile or meotropcs junk sorry :l

are there apps that do this same feature? how is wifi calling a carrier software? when its part of the phone and code
just like the quick button its part of the phone why wouldnt that work also . anyways i guess ill stik to stock of xperion rom . and just ont be cheep n get a better phone :
)

can somebody please help me. my phone wont boot its stuck on the cyanogenmod boot loader phone was working fine but since the camera and flash wasn't working i decided to re flash the cw11 rom now it wont start can somebody please help i tried to go back to xperia rom but it does the same thing wont pass the lg logo any idea what can it be??

This is not to come across as rude to some people on here but I think it is worth being mentioned. Flashing ROMs is not for the faint of heart. There is always a risk of damaging your phone to a point that you can't repair it. Usually those that are flashing ROMs understand how to fix some of the basic issues that come with flashing them. Before trying it, you should read up on basic proper procedures for installing a ROM first through either CWM or TWRP. A dev that has to answer some basic questions about procedures is spending less time fixing the issues you might have with a ROM. It's also redundant to have to explain things over for something experimental like this. Again, not trying to be rude, just pointing out that this is experimental and not official. Always do a backup of your original install if you manage to successfully install CWM or TWRP before changing anything. At least then you can hopefully go back to where you began.

Also, before flashing this ROM, you need to wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik to make sure you aren't running on any of the old ROM files. This is a jump from jellybean to kit kat, there are differences on how files are handled in both.

If you need to jump back to the old ROM, make sure that you also wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik before performing the restore.

Back
Top Bottom