• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of being all depressed over the delayed Nexus, let's talk about things that will probably happen before the Nexus. That should lift our spirits. ;) Feel free to add to the list.

1. Half Life 2, Episode 3
2. Duke Nukem Forever 2
3. Warp Drive
4. Nano Bots that can clean my blood vessels
5. A successful Kardashian marriage
6. The cure for cancer
7. World War 3
8. Contact with aliens
9. The Droid 4
10. The RAZR 2
11. The iPhone 5
12. Cubs win World Series

Anyone care to add to the list?

12. Cubs win World Series:D
lets keep it going

If it goes beyond the end of this year, I will be right with the rest of the people in this thread on the hate train.

As far as Q4/Q1, I'm not arguing anything. I work for a large electric utility, and I am only assuming..., like everyone else here does..., that some things aren't so inflexible that they don't have contingencies in place if it goes into another quarter. That is all I meant by the Q4/Q1 thing.

If it goes to the end of the year, I'll be buying a TV...

one thing i feel like needs to be said that i havent read(been around since page 60), is that the actual selling of these handsets is not what really affects verizons bottom line as it pertains to earnings reports. the vast, vast majority of people buy the phone on subsidy and at that price point, vzw isnt making very much(may in fact be losing slightly). they make their money on contracts and things associated with their plans, such as data, activation fees and plan premiums. that being said, the notion that vzw would put off selling any phone until the next quarter to help their outlook in that quarter really makes little business sense unless they expect the vast mojority of its sales to be from new customers, which i doubt will be the case.

I tried - it. Is it me or is it missing the most basic of all functions - upload music from your phone to the cloud.

What's the point of a phone app if i have to put my music on my computer before i can use it?

If this feature exists and i just missed it please enlighten me.

I have most of my 600+ CD collection on and external hard drive that I plug into the computer and then upload the music that I want to the cloud then remove the hard drive. The point is that I have access to my complete music collection on my mobile device(s) and on any computer anywhere.

Another thing to think about, there are most likely disgruntled folks in Verizon who are just as tired of the wait as we are. It is easily possible that they were discussing worst case scenarios, and Hanette overheard it as fact, or someone was having a bad day and started spouting their prediction for what would happen as if it were a fact, and she didn't know. I was always under the assumption that Steven's source was higher up on the food chain than Hanette (could be flat out wrong mind you), so one would think THe Source would hear this rumor as well. Perhaps that IS where the disagreement is occuring, the financial folks want a Q1, the technical and customer relations folks are like, we already told them by the end of the year, we need to abide by it. But either way, what one person heard really needs a pile of salt until we get independent confirmation, even if it is from a well liked source.

52. The Browns win the Superbowl.

Instead of being all depressed over the delayed Nexus, let's talk about things that will probably happen before the Nexus. That should lift our spirits. ;) Feel free to add to the list.

2. Duke Nukem Forever 2
3. Warp Drive
6. The cure for cancer
7. World War 3
8. Contact with aliens
9. The Droid 4
10. The RAZR 2
11. The iPhone 5

Assuming that VZW is "testing" still (per "source"); and assuming that Android 4.0.2 is what they are testing which was OTA'd yesterday; and assuming as previously stated that testing takes about 5 days for a testing period... it seems like early next week is the best that we can hope for with any kind of official statement from VZW. Just my 2 cents... but seems logical.

2. Duke Nukem Forever 2
3. Warp Drive
6. The cure for cancer
7. World War 3
8. Contact with aliens
9. The Droid 4
10. The RAZR 2
11. The iPhone 5

3 more Call of Duty games....

What I don't get is how VZW can get away with just "putting off" the release of that's the case then Google must have royally screwed up in writing the contract.

Very cool "breakdown" (literally!) of the guts of the Galaxy Nexus:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Teardown - iFixit

i noticed something in this teardown, on the first page it mentions the specs of the phone, including 1GB of ram, but on the second page they have taken apart the phone and outline the Ram chip to be 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM, so you can see the confusion, i understand its 512MB of dual channel ram, but that shouldn't be advertised as 1GB of Ram, any insight?

i noticed something in this teardown, on the first page it mentions the specs of the phone, including 1GB of ram, but on the second page they have taken apart the phone and outline the Ram chip to be 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM, so you can see the confusion, i understand its 512MB of dual channel ram, but that shouldn't be advertised as 1GB of Ram, any insight?

Could be a stacked chip (512 MB stacked on 512 MB).

Want to talk about something else? I worked on the TI audio codec of the Galaxy Nexus that normally gets paired with OMAP4..

Behind the glass: a detailed tour inside the Samsung Galaxy Nexus -- Engadget

Yeah, it's my baby. Maybe that's why I want the phone so badly. Or when the whole "volume control" issue veered it's ugly head, I was expecting a call. Happy they solved it with software.

Yes! I have been looking for more in-depth info on the audio components for Gnex for a while. I'm a little scared by the terrible audio quality coming out of my Dinc so this is a big deal for me. My old ipod (3rd gen) sounds a million times better than my Dinc.

I have been following this thread for a while for XDA and the initial reviews seems positive: [Q] What's the DAC, and how is the audio quality on this phone? - xda-developers

I think they are waiting on a full tear down of the components.

2. Duke Nukem Forever 2
3. Warp Drive
6. The cure for cancer
7. World War 3
8. Contact with aliens
9. The Droid 4
10. The RAZR 2
11. The iPhone 5

The Cubs win another World Series.

Edit: Hi-ya'd

Hmmm.. interesting. Not sure.

Could be a stacked chip (512 MB stacked on 512 MB).

lets only hope

just figured it out, they list two components:

Samsung KMVYL000LM Multichip Memory Package
Samsung K3PE7E700M 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM

I did some digging and the KMVYL000LM actually includes 512MB of SDRam

What I don't get is how VZW can get away with just "putting off" the release of that's the case then Google must have royally screwed up in writing the contract.

I'm guessing that VZW has some sort of equation that they use to justify a release. For example, 88% of testing devices must receive less than 2 errors in a 5 day period of time. And my guess is that percentage was written into the contract. Perhaps the screw up with Google is assuming that VZW could not very easily skew that percentage by messing with their bloatware or redefining what an error actual is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom