• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of junk

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

How do you surf android forums on that? lol

Anyone have a rumor timeline of release dates/push backs/etc.?

I mean..we've all come so far that we won't drop off now, but I'm wondering when I reasonably could have had my life w/o staying awake searching for a phone that doesn't exist.

Well, I'm thinking it is going to be the 15th, and we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing comes out the 22nd.

I'm kind of numb to the whole thing.

I don't trust Verizon at all anymore. I think that they saw the Galaxy Nexus as a threat. Any superpowered device free of any bloatware could have spelled death for a lot of contracts if it had gone to other carriers, so I think Verizon got it exclusivity on it so they could delay it into the ground and keep their customers on bloatware-filled phones.

Expected release date?

March 12th.

Seriously. I don't believe Verizon will do it anymore.

Personally?

They've got four days to announce something before I buy an iPhone.

FYI. Called my 2 local corporate stores in central jersey area. One said he couldn't say anything right now but to call back tomorrow. The other said it got bumped back a week.

I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

Why do I feel like I'm caught in the middle of summer reruns? :D

Just got back from a few stores here in NYC:

• The big store on 34th said they knew nothing of release date for the phone but were selling accessories already. (probably just being quiet about it)
  • One more store on 40th said they have them in stock but are not allowed to sell them, they offered to show me a demo model of the phone if I was interested. I asked them when can I buy it. The guy just told me they heard either tomorrow or sometime next week but are waiting to receive word from HQ.
  • Another smaller store in the area said they just received stock yesterday but are not allowed to sell it. I asked when can I buy it. He said they haven't been given a release date yet. As a started walking back I turned around for a second and the guy looked at me and said "Come back tomorrow morning" and winked at me.

A pretty nice mix of "info" there I should say. :)

Well, I'm thinking it is going to be the 15th, and we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing comes out the 22nd.

I'm kind of numb to the whole thing.

Exactly.

Everytime it gets pushed back I just say to myself, "Well I've waited this long." - usually works.

I know when I get my paycheck tomorrow i'm gonna be so tempted to just go out and get the iPhone so I can end this waiting game..

Just got back from a job interview....did I miss anything other than beating up on Ralph Macchio?

No, I didn't get the job.

I don't trust Verizon at all anymore. I think that they saw the Galaxy Nexus as a threat. Any superpowered device free of any bloatware could have spelled death for a lot of contracts if it had gone to other carriers, so I think Verizon got it exclusivity on it so they could delay it into the ground and keep their customers on bloatware-filled phones.

Expected release date?

March 12th.

Seriously. I don't believe Verizon will do it anymore.

Personally?

They've got four days to announce something before I buy an iPhone.

A serious conspiracy theory. Not unlike many that have floated here. But only a Theory :)

So it looks like the 15th is the new date? It will have been close to 2 full months since the announcement... come on Verizon.

Anyways, gonna hit up my local corporate store tonight and see if they have some demo units. Would love to at least try it out. And I'll ask if they can sell me one early, of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom