• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costco screens seem to me to be the best leak we have right now...

3uI5t.jpg

j0vNw.jpg

Not at all. I keep reminding her how she was when she was looking into getting the Moto Atrix on AT&T, before she ultimately decided on the HTC Inspire. Her rebuttal is that she was never THIS obsessed. Lol.

The funny thing is, her family switched to Sprint and they all asked ME about what phones to get. I know I made that Store rep a very happy man that day with purchases...

So I just called the store I had an appointment with at 9 am tomorrow and they confirmed that they got word the release was supposedly delayed. However, he did state they were waiting on word before the end of the day on an update and were planning to give calls to everyone who had appointments before they left this evening. He did mention that there was a big issue with demo units being shown off without approval from someone(Verizon? Samsung? Google?) who knows ..... Stay tuned I guess.....

Well we know its not Samsung... See Samsung Experience, circa last weekend.

So I just called the store I had an appointment with at 9 am tomorrow and they confirmed that they got word the release was supposedly delayed. However, he did state they were waiting on word before the end of the day on an update and were planning to give calls to everyone who had appointments before they left this evening. He did mention that there was a big issue with demo units being shown off without approval from someone(Verizon? Samsung? Google?) who knows ..... Stay tuned I guess.....

I know. I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with Horizon.

I called up 2 stores just now, both of the people were very nice.
First store: I was told it was supposed to launch to tomorrow but it got pushed back to the end of this month.
Second store: the guy thought it was tomorrow but then asked everyone around him who said it was supposed to be tomorrow but now they don't know :(

I just texted the guy I bought my Razr from here in Raleigh, NC and he said they are releasing them next thursday. Wouldn't say why the delay, but that it will be Thursday next week. I know I am a newbie here, but I figured I would ad my two cents here.

My wife isn't either. I tried to get her into Android with the Eris and then handed down my OG Droid to her but she was always frustrated with it. The best thing I ever did was get her the iPhone. Its the perfect "smart" phone for non-techie types IMO.

I did offer her the iPhone, but she only wants a phone with a physical keyboard. She may change her mind, as she does like the touch screen on the D3 (before her BB curve, she had an LG Voyager, hated the touchscreen on that). We'll see.

I'm the house geek, but surprisingly my wife latched onto Android very quickly and converted from her fruit phone to the DInc. She's a major realtor, so her phone is a power tool. This was when iPhone was strictly AT&T, so network was a factor but so was the ease of use in several key areas. Three more DIncs in my direct family now, and I'm bracing for a mass conversion when I get the GNex.

I'm the house geek, but surprisingly my wife latched onto Android very quickly and converted from her fruit phone to the DInc. She's a major realtor, so her phone is a power tool. This was when iPhone was strictly AT&T, so network was a factor but so was the ease of use in several key areas. Three more DIncs in my direct family now, and I'm bracing for a mass conversion when I get the GNex.

5 Inc's in the fam wow! It's a great phone :D

Mostly nothing new. Moorpark, CA corp store: got to play with the demo unit. Confirmed stock. Wouldn't tell me how many. No known release date. Said as soon as it was in their system, they a were selling it. Demo was activated. Great phone. Fast and beautiful. Thinner than expected. External speaker sounded fine, unlike other reports.

He did say that they've never had phone stock for more than a week without being able to sell them.

Ironically Xyboard demo unit unboxed right then. Was ICS expected on it out of the box?

Uh oh...

I said I would not buy another apple device. My gateway netbook is getting under my skin, its slower then my DX. I just caught my self on the apple store looking at the macbook airs :eek:

Well we sure are getting a lot of 15ths thrown around. Not saying its true, but seems to be a consistent message. I just can't buy it yet, because its just the most logical next date based on VZW's history, so that date is much more subject to being picked and thrown around by managers, etc.

I happened to be in town today and stopped in at Costco. The salesman told me that they have plenty of stock in the store but that there was a flag in the system preventing them from selling them. He also stated the flag was system wide throughout Costco, not just at his store so no Costco's can sell them until that is lifted. Ok, so that is not really anything new, however, he then tries to convince me that I should buy it there when it is available as I would get a much better deal. I explained to him that I needed more than a $10 discount to make it worth the savings to make a 90 mile round trip drive to Costco. His answer was what is interesting, yes they will be giving a bundle with it (case, screen protector and car charge) but more significantly he claims that Verizon will be selling it for $349 with a $50 mail in rebate. That's the first I heard of that, anyone have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom