• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ALPHA] Quattrimus ICS

I've got lots of things going on right now so it might take a few Weeks to get everything sorted out. But there are others looking at the camera issues also. Follow the fop dev thread on xda for additional info.

Do what you've gotta do man. I understand completely. It'll happen when it happens. :)

if someone want to help development here feel free
git.omapzoom.org Git - kernel/omap.git/shortlog

I so wish I had the knowledge about this stuff like Tdm, Blood, Craptorman, Monster and a few of the other fellas around here. I would be more than happy to pitch in. Unfortunately, I do not and don't have the time to learn with school going on right now..... that's the reason I sit happily and wait for the project updates. :D

Reactions: joeycmb
Upvote 0
I posted the link above where it was explained
Link isnt working....
Go to Voice Search and speak "open apn"

Open the apn settings and it will most likely be blank.

Menu>NEW

*NOTE* THERE MUST BE 2 APNS FOR MMS TO WORK!

For the first, fill in only the following fields:
Name: home
APN: Boost_Mobile
leave everything else blank except APN Type near the bottom. Enter default,supl

Now hit menu save.

Once again, make a new apn by hitting menu>new
Name: Boost
APN: Boost_Mobile
Username: Boost_Mobile
Password: *
MMSC: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Proxy: 68.28.31.7
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 311
MNC: 870
APN Type: mms

Not now hit menu save.

*NOTE* ONLY ONE APN WILL BE SELECTABLE.
This should be the APN named "home"

Click the little circle on the right to select (may be hard to see)

Now hit home. Then reboot. This worked for me tested and true.

Let me know if you have any issues, i can try to post some screenshots later.

EDIT: If you do this and still have issues, I should mention I replaced apns-conf.xml with the one from Blood's CTMOD. So if the APN alone doesnt work, replace your .xml file in /etc

Upvote 0
I figured out the link by what it said that finished with 16 so I looked on the 16 page and got it but thanks for putting it here doe, I have a problem mine when I go to the apn it says sprint I changed everything the way you put it on the link but is not working and I'm wondering if it is cause it says sprint cause mine says it everywhere on the lockscreen and on the notification bar "sprint everywhere lol" but I'm on boost I figured that was cause it uses the same towers....another thing I didn't root my phone myself cause I don't have a computer so I paid some dude that has a cellphone store to do it....

Upvote 0
I figured out the link by what it said that finished with 16 so I looked on the 16 page and got it but thanks for putting it here doe, I have a problem mine when I go to the apn it says sprint I changed everything the way you put it on the link but is not working and I'm wondering if it is cause it says sprint cause mine says it everywhere on the lockscreen and on the notification bar "sprint everywhere lol" but I'm on boost I figured that was cause it uses the same towers....another thing I didn't root my phone myself cause I don't have a computer so I paid some dude that has a cellphone store to do it....

Go to settings > about phone and see what baseband you are on. I am also on boost (LG-855) but I am running on the spring baseband (LS-855). When installing this rom for boost, did you use the .install.prop command to make sure it installed the boost version? If not, the installer will read your baseband and if you are on the sprint baseband like I am it will install the sprint version on the ROM.

If you look at the OP you will see:
If you are using a mismatched baseband and carrier (eg. Boost firmware on Sprint), you will need to override the automatic detection. To do this, place a file on the phone named /sdcard/.install.prop with the single line "install.model=xx855", where xx855 is your desired model name.

Code:
adb shell echo "install.model=LS855" > /sdcard/.install.prop

In your case, you would have to swap LS855 for LG855. That will install the Boost firmware but maintain your current baseband.

But you added both APN's and swapped out apns-conf.xml in /etc and /system/etc?

Upvote 0
I just wanted to pop in and say I know it's been a while since the last update but I've been pretty slammed with work and other things. I'll have an update before long and maybe we'll be on jb in a couple Weeks from now....

No worries man, we all appreciate all the hard work you guys put in when you could probably be relaxing from your actual jobs. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones