• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Miui RePortaled V.2.0

Hey all, I'm new to the forum... well not really I've been downloading ROMS and lurking. But that aside, I just wanted to say that of all the 2.3+ ROMS I've tried, this one has got the be the best and smoothest running one I've used thus far. It looks great, vibrant, and is responsive. The music also sounds great! So I've read that the Dev wants to give up, don't man this is a great piece of labor that I hope keeps getting better. And by the way... nice boot animation. Sorry about the novel but I had to.

Upvote 0
Alright, random question; there's another forum with Build Prop tweaks, are those safe to apply to this ROM. I've already applied one that really has increased my data (3G) speed and put one on for image quality, but I was wondering if adding these lines would affect anything in a conflicting way:

net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4096,87380,256960,4096,16 384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.evdo_b=4096,87380,256960,4096,1 6384,256960

Upvote 0
Alright, random question; there's another forum with Build Prop tweaks, are those safe to apply to this ROM. I've already applied one that really has increased my data (3G) speed and put one on for image quality, but I was wondering if adding these lines would affect anything in a conflicting way:

net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4096,87380,256960,4096,16 384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.evdo_b=4096,87380,256960,4096,1 6384,256960

Can you link the thread? I'd like to try the 3g speed tweaks.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say nice work on this rom. I'm unfortunately, getting a ton of reboots on it, but I think that may be because my hardware doesnt enjoy being pushed beyond the norms.

Is anyone else getting constant reboots (by that I mean about two per hour?) I'm really just using it for light calls/data/texting. Nothing heavy, minimal apps. I live in a spotty service area. Mostly connected to wifi.

I'm certain it's just my hardware. No reason to panic. (not oc'd)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Very happy with this rom! A few things I have noticed or would like to see:

1) Phone doesn't seem to use ringtones that I set.
2) Would like to see the swipe to remove notifications. Sometimes I want to lose one without clearing all of them and that is nice to use.
3) Like the "Fixed" (thanks for the centered clock!) update you made me! Would be even better if I still had the icons in orange :^)
4) Kindle App has been really slow and force closes a lot, but that MAY be my phone.
5) Also getting the Play store force closing a lot. Anyone else seen that?
6) Ringtones etc I download from Myxer does not seem to show up in Music.
7) The Voxer app is not showing notifications when a message comes in.
8) One I forgot: cannot choose lockscreen wallpaper from another app (apps don;t come up).

I know a few of these might just be my phone but thought I would ask.

And a question: has anyone used the Easy Battery Saver app with this? Was just wondering if it worked or caused issues. My battery goes fairly fast (probably because of apps etc and I almost used my phone like a computer so it runs a ton). Just looking to save a little more juice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones