• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Scan and fix my HTC?

dustwun77

Endeavor to Persevere :)
Feb 24, 2010
SC
On Windows 7, 64 bit, using TWRP 2.2.1.

Here recently when I mount the phone in recovery, windows comes up with a message that it sees some sort of trouble and wants to scan and fix my htc device, or something to that effect.

What is up with that? I have doubts as to the advisability of letting windows have it's way with my phone. It might never be the same. :)

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions or explanations as to what might be going on with this issue?

tia!

are you talking about the internal storage or do you have an sd card? because I get that when I try to mount my sdcard when there are bad sectors or something didn't finish deleteing/installing before the card was unmounted. this happens because sometimes I'm dumb and pull the usb cord before doing the click to unmount thing.

for the longest time I had a kindl folder to go along with my kindle folder that absolutely could not be deleted. I had to reformat the card to make it go away

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones