• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

all i got to say thanks works perfect for me. only1 question is there a way to remove the adr6400l from phone model number and change to triumph in systems files some where. and still be able to download gameloft stuff with out problems thanks..

all i got to say thanks works perfect for me. only1 question is there a way to remove the adr6400l from phone model number and change to triumph in systems files some where. and still be able to download gameloft stuff with out problems thanks..

lol do you honestly spend so much time in your settings that it bothers you? I'm just playing but seriously I don't believe it's possible I've tried doing it with just the fingerprint and had no success.

The only disadvantage with this seems to be that it only works for me ;) these damn phones can be so stubborn so now I'm running around trying to figure out why everyone is having problems. Although it seems my older versions were a bit more compatible for everyone so I'm going to make another set for everyone to try for those of you who cannot get this working. I changed to what we use now because of the quirky things it did to my phone (but apparently no one elses) like the back light staying on when in sleep.

Works fine for me also. I think one of ghr biggest problems is when kernels change. That is when I see issues, like with Brandoms kernel. I can't flash thunder.prop if his kernel is already installed BUT I can flash thunder.prop then flash his kernel no problem.
Other then that awdome work jollyroger props for the props lol

Would you object to me posting an updated version of this mod for Whyzor's Reloaded rom? I made a custom version for me (with extra lines such as the EvDo only etc) but I also changed the MOD version in the file to reflect Whyzor's since the current ThunderProp still says TG Beta 8.. it flashes perfectly :) my first try at creating an updater script so I'm happy

Would you object to me posting an updated version of this mod for Whyzor's Reloaded rom? I made a custom version for me (with extra lines such as the EvDo only etc) but I also changed the MOD version in the file to reflect Whyzor's since the current ThunderProp still says TG Beta 8.. it flashes perfectly :) my first try at creating an updater script so I'm happy

By all means

I made a new ThunderProp with the addition of "Cyanogenmod 7.2-Reloaded" as the MOD version.
I also added the "ro.product.rat=EvDo only" line to this build. If anyone else finds adding that line is beneficial feel free to try it. This is one of my first zips and it hasn't broke my phone and I'm not responsible if it breaks yours ;)

This has been working fine for me with Whyzor's Reloaded ROM..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?05i5q0rle254w6l

EDIT: Okay I must be an idiot. It "appears" to flash correctly but when I boot up I see it's the original build.prop
If anyone wants to look at this I'll be happy to accept suggestions on what I did wrong. I'm eager to learn.
Feel free to PM me because I don't want to clog up this thread with my issue.

Should Hulu work with this? I set this up but when I downloaded Hulu plus it still said the device was not supported. But looking through the thread is there another Hulu that does work?

What would be the point of this? for apps that don't support 4.0 yet?

Tapatalk works fine on ICS. You would actually be suprised at what apps work on ICS without modification. Nearly every app I have (about 100), I restored into ICS and it shows on the Market.

i use tapatalk for everything.

Same here. It's convenient to browse all of the forums with one app.
Also I notice Phandroid app remains in running processes even after killed. I'm sure it doesn't consume much memory but I'm obsessive about not being able to kill an app I'm not using for some reason ;)

Back on topic, what are the updates in this new build? I am still using the previous ThunderProp and wondering if it is necessary to update.

Thanks! :)

Same here. It's convenient to browse all of the forums with one app.
Also I notice Phandroid app remains in running processes even after killed. I'm sure it doesn't consume much memory but I'm obsessive about not being able to kill an app I'm not using for some reason ;)

Back on topic, what are the updates in this new build? I am still using the previous ThunderProp and wondering if it is necessary to update.

Thanks! :)

It constantly runs so that it can inform you of any pm's you receive. And yes this update was just to add ice cream sandwich support

Back
Top Bottom