• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] what Kernels are out there WITHOUT an overclocked GPU (307 MHz)?

streetfish

Dec 18, 2011
The Dirty
Hi,

I'm currently on Codename Android 3.8 ROM with the android 4.2 Camera and keyboard mods and have been searching for the best Kernel for battery life. I've tried many different Kernels - Franco, Faux, Air Kernel, Lean and Trinity and I have noticed that anything that is overclocking the GPU, even to just 384 from 307, turns my phone into a molten hot, battery eating machine. I seriously need to charge it 3 times a day. I found a version of Trinity that is clocked at stock 307 MHz GPU and it has been great on battery life, but it freezes and restarts a lot and is generally very laggy. I have tried to up the CPU voltages and change the governor but to no avail.

So...the question is can anyone recommend any Kernels that are clocked to the stock 307 MHz GPU and are good on battery?

Much appreciated.

I am like you. I don't care for overclocking the GPU. That said, I have been very happy with Trinity kernels using the (free) TricksterMod app to control it for all the various 4.0.4, 4.1.1, and 4.1.2 roms I have used. I believe the dev for Trinity suggests against modifying the voltages.

I believe the problems you are having are rom related and not kernel related.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones