• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worried about a feature/something you read? Check here first!

Added:

Does it have a notification LED?

Yes, on the bottom bezel in the middle. Click here for a picture of it.

Does it support USB host mode, so we can attach flash drives and devices to the USB port?

Yes, ICS supports USB Host Mode. The Galaxy Nexus definitely supports it with its hardware, too, because it was announced that it would support USB game controllers. How it will treat attached flash storage is not known yet but it is almost certain that the functionality will be there.

Upvote 0
How will apps and widgets downloaded from the market look on this hd screen, given the higher res? Thanks! This post was just what I was looking for, well done.

Depends on the widget/app. Since the screen size isn't a lot bigger, most shouldn't look bad. Obviously, this and the Note and tablets are issuing in a new generation of high resolutions so most developers will re-render their images in larger sizes.

Fonts will scale and look good because they're not fixed graphics. Most apps look good on my tablet, even though the tablet is higher resolution AND a larger screen.

In general, though, there will be some overlap time while the developers build their apps to the ICS software development kit and ensure that higher resolution devices are supported - in that time, the images will be stretched a little and you'll be able to see that. They aren't going to look awful, though.

Upvote 0
Not from what I've seen. It has a lot of bugs.

Strange...I haven't noticed any bugs. Also, its not like they create special bug-free versions to put on phones from the OEMs. The OEMs get the same stuff that's out there right now. And if the DX is any indicator, you won't get a newer version...ever! The big difference (for me) is that i won't have to go through the PITA process of removing the stock Swype before I can upgrade to a newer version.

Upvote 0
I read the post too but they did not say how it was removed. At the least, I hope it can be moved somewhere else on the screen.

Using the emulator I wasn't able to move or delete the built-in search bar at the top of the screen but I was able to add the normal search bar as a widget and move it around freely.

Untitled_2.png

Upvote 0
I went to Sprint and got the S2.
Great Phone.
Before I went I went to U Tube and watched people putting the usb OTG cable in the bottom and using a flash drive for storage.

It wont work.
I don't get it?
Is there an upgrade or app or does anyone have an idea why this wont work on my sprint phone??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones