• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3.0 sdk port

kninetimmy

Sep 8, 2010
hi all knine here i was reading xda and there seems to ba a fairy simple way ( so it seems ) im goin to attempt this. i might need some help bc i dont know were to get certian things.
Things i need to do:
1. Dump your current working boot.img
2. Unpack it
3. Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz
4. ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service
Code:
service netd /system/bin/netd
socket netd stream 0660 root system
socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet <----
5. Recompress edited ramdisk
6.Create your new boot.img

Swap the boot.img in the update.zip and it should work. If u have an instruction error(0) while flashing you'll have to change the updater binary in META-INF/ for one that is compiled for your ARM version.

That was for SDK preview, I had to do alot of modifications with the full SDK. The idea is still the same tho, compare the SDK ramdisk with yours and edits

i think this would be really cool any one wanna help?
-Knine

hi all knine here i was reading xda and there seems to ba a fairy simple way ( so it seems ) im goin to attempt this. i might need some help bc i dont know were to get certian things.
Things i need to do:
1. Dump your current working boot.img
2. Unpack it
3. Uncompress boot.img-ramdisk.gz
4. ADD the dnsproxy line in init.rc for netd daemon service
Code:
service netd /system/bin/netd
socket netd stream 0660 root system
socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet <----
5. Recompress edited ramdisk
6.Create your new boot.img

Swap the boot.img in the update.zip and it should work. If u have an instruction error(0) while flashing you'll have to change the updater binary in META-INF/ for one that is compiled for your ARM version.

That was for SDK preview, I had to do alot of modifications with the full SDK. The idea is still the same tho, compare the SDK ramdisk with yours and edits

i think this would be really cool any one wanna help?
-Knine

GRZLA has been porting this

& I have been porting this to the ally it is very (incomplete)

I am also known as lefty_ in the android community

Reactions: ccsoccer03
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones