• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A N D R O I D - F O R U M : GUIDE APPRECIATION WEEK (Feb 1-7)

AndyOpie150

agentc13

Airmaxx23

AndroidSPCS

andygu3

BlueBiker

bobcat331

chrlswltrs

colchiro

D-U-R-X

DonB

doogald

drexappeal

Frisco (Guide Leader)

Granite1

Jedii

jerofld

johnlgalt

karandpr

KENNECTED

LBPHeretic

lexluthor

mhotovec

nj02vette

ocnbrze

olbriar

quantumrand

reinbeau

SamuraiBigEd

scotty85

scudder

Scur

sdrawkcab25

septembersrain

ShinySide

Shotgun84

SolidOrange

The_Chief

trophynuts

VoidedSaint

Wolfedude88

WormDoes

xmr405o

Xtremedays

YankeeDudeL

Yeahha

Youdoofus

Guess I'll pop in and say hi.............................hi.;):D

I usually hang out in the classified section, Rezound forums and the Eris forums.

Android Forums was the first forum I had ever signed up for and I have met a lot of wonderful people along the way most of which wear red or green and some that don't (like my girl Roze and 330D ;)). The scary guy (Scary Alien for those of you that don't know him) that now wears a red badge was the first person that helped me with my first ever question on this forum and we've been good friends ever since and Frisco who has taught me a lot. So yes Android Forums is like a home to me and all it's members here are like my family. ;):)

Oh stop, I struggle to find hats that fit in the first place.

Imagesbighead.jpg

Seriously though thanks to everyone for showing their appreciation, its nice to know that my efforts, or lack of haven't gone unnoticed.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'm still a relatively noob guide, been doing the job for about three weeks.

you dont get any cake... or ice cream... you get, salt free ritz crackers

Geez, and I was sure I didn't tell anyone here about the heart attack a few months ago. That's what I need, 50 more 'wives'...
:)

Edit: to 'comply';
I've been a guide for um... err.... you know, time passes - who notices?!?
Lets see, I became I guide when I had an Eris, then I had the DInc, now it's the Razr... (yes, I mark time by Android devices - what's the 'calendar' thing you people are talking about). I'm going to go with between 1.5 and 2 years, best I can do. :)

I guess i should frequent this forum more regularly... I almost missed out on such a well deserved appreciation for Android Forums Guides. A special thumbs-up for all the outstanding work being done by staff members in green. You guys rock! Keep up the good work.

search

Guess I'll pop in and say hi.............................hi.;):D

I usually hang out in the classified section, Rezound forums and the Eris forums.

Android Forums was the first forum I had ever signed up for and I have met a lot of wonderful people along the way most of which wear red or green and some that don't (like my girl Roze and 330D ;)). The scary guy (Scary Alien for those of you that don't know him) that now wears a red badge was the first person that helped me with my first ever question on this forum and we've been good friends ever since and Frisco who has taught me a lot. So yes Android Forums is like a home to me and all it's members here are like my family. ;):)

Thank you, BC! That was very nice of you to say :).

This might have been our first encounter here at AF (I'm not 100% sure, though):

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/238498-white-widow-thread-dead.html

I see Bishop left you hanging, LOL ;).

Thanks for being a good friend and AF co-worker, too! :)

-SA

Guides rock.

Or are pet rocks....
petrocks.jpg

one or the other I can't remember.... maybe both?

Seriously though, thanks for all the hard work from our guides, so much of it is behind the scenes. They are the unsung heros in green tights. The Robin's to our Batman's.

legobatmanrobinattackst.jpg

Really though they deserve a very big thanks from myself and the community :) And I only jest(er) because these guys are awesome.

I guess i should frequent this forum more regularly... I almost missed out on such a well deserved appreciation for Android Forums Guides. A special thumbs-up for all the outstanding work being done by staff members in green. You guys rock! Keep up the good work.

search

I am glad to see the actual list of appointed guides, and was surprized because I keep thinking Rush is already a guide from reading his posts and the way he conducts himself.
(I know, I know,...im color blind and shld recognize the greenage xD )

I know this is a week to show appreciation to the guides but cant help to see the visibility of this young man's activity always welcoming noobies and guiding them through their first days or so of android forumism....i gotta break the rool just once and say great work to this " Guide -In,Training.. "

Rush, I hope you are among the next "phases" (pun intended) of Guide contenders!

I am glad to see the actual list of appointed guides, and was surprized because I keep thinking Rush is already a guide from reading his posts and the way he conducts himself.
(I know, I know,...im color blind and shld recognize the greenage xD )

I know this is a week to show appreciation to the guides but cant help to see the visibility of this young man's activity always welcoming noobies and guiding them through their first days or so of android forumism....i gotta break the rool just once and say great work to this " Guide -In,Training.. "

Rush, I hope you are among the next "phases" (pun intended) of Guide contenders!

He has not gone unnoticed.;)

Thank you, BC! That was very nice of you to say :).

This might have been our first encounter here at AF (I'm not 100% sure, though):

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/238498-white-widow-thread-dead.html

I see Bishop left you hanging, LOL ;).

Thanks for being a good friend and AF co-worker, too! :)

-SA

Actually I think it was this one.

November 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM #648 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, Moto Xoom, HTC Droid Eris
Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat331
Will this work if my Eris has HBOOT 1.49 S-ON and also will I then be able to increase my processor speed and install 2.2

Bobcat,

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Yes, you can use this to root a 1.49.xxxx S-ON HBOOT Eris phone.

Yes, you can install an custom rooted ROM that has an overclocked kernel and that custom ROM can indeed be a 2.2 version of Android.

Cheers!

Word on the virtual streets has it that The Android Forums Lounge and Bar is giving out
FREE GREASEBURGERS to the first 100 customers
On Day 2 in commemoration of​

Guides Appreciation Week !

All you gotta do , so I heard, is be the first 100 to correctly post​

"The Phases That Pays'es"

The questin is....who remember that phrase?​

picsay-1328138967.jpg

to claim your greaseburger....go to your nearest Little Pigs BBQ Joint! and say "Phases Sent YOu"
........and wait on it...
(burgers made from a mixture of TxGoat ,Horse and Bear)

Actually I think it was this one.

November 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM #648 (permalink)
scary alien
not really so scary

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Droid X, Moto Xoom, HTC Droid Eris
Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat331
Will this work if my Eris has HBOOT 1.49 S-ON and also will I then be able to increase my processor speed and install 2.2

Bobcat,

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Yes, you can use this to root a 1.49.xxxx S-ON HBOOT Eris phone.

Yes, you can install an custom rooted ROM that has an overclocked kernel and that custom ROM can indeed be a 2.2 version of Android.

Cheers!

You were right (of course), BC!

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/127861-universal-eris-root-dummies-13.html#post1897506

When I searched, I looked for new threads and didn't remember that you first posted in eu1's thread...looks like I took care of you pretty well in there, eh? ;) :).

I do remember writing all that...man, that seems like an eternity ago! :)

Cheers!

Every day when I browse the forum I see the name of a new Guide that Ive never met before or, have never seen their name online.

You have done a lot for Guide to member communication by beginning this thread, and perhaps a new tradition, Rico. Thank you! :)

This thread also gives me an opportunity to tell Android Forum members a few things about the Staff.

Once I've noticed and approached a member for promotion to Guide, that member turns a nice shade of green, and things change a bit for her or him. ;) Members see Guides out there, active in the forums, but they don't see what is going on in the background.

Right away, the first thing a new Guide must do is read and get familiar with our Guide Read Me, an instructive sticky in Guides Central (private area for Staff) among several instructive stickies in there, some by Phases, me or Moderators.

The Read Me for Guides is fairly long, and it does not even have the tutorial on the menu tools Guides are endowed with to to their tasks out in the forums (tasks which are time consuming and mostly can't be seen by members).

That Read Me contains, in part, this (click "show"):

First let me say welcome to the team guys. We're glad you have the desire to help make this forum a better place and do appreciate the time you will put into it. So yeah, welcome!

I want to outline the rights you have and when and when not to use them. The purpose of this group is to keep the forum clean and organized. This is not an .. authority figure.. type role (you are not to enforce rules) so much as an organizational role. However, it could be considered a stepping stone into open moderator positions in the future.

Now that you're part of the team you ARE expected to hold yourself a little higher than others. Please maintain a mature and open view about everything you get yourself involved with. You now represent the site and it's important that is kept in mind with every post you make.

Please USE this forum to connect with other guides and your team leader, Frisco. The moderators and I also pop in here. This place is here to help for everything you have any questions or reservations about. Especially at first. It's important you get a feel for how things are currently done before you just dive right in blindfolded.

So. Let's begin.

(and so it begins ;))

The other stickies are on:

- Guides How-to, by Moderator Kelmar (how to use the aforementioned tools)

- Spammers Alert, Spamming techniques discussed, by Roze, a former Staffer on both the Guide and Moderator teams

- FAQs for Guides, helpful threads, etc, by Moderator alostpacket

- Special Teams, by myself.. I've assigned by volunteer input teams to create things (Yeahha's tremendous research and work on the Carrier ToS stickies, Scary Alien's ingenious ATR Root Sticky Standard template, as two examples, etc)

Those stickies, all long and tedious, are the obvious things the new Guides have to get and stay familiar with in order to function as Guide Staff, as helpers and organizers out there. They are astounding in their dedication, their spoken desire to learn more, and their putting up with me. :o

This is your family, your people, you. Guides come from right where you are as helpful, welcoming, friendly, curious, lively members of the best darned forum I've ever seen, and I'm oooooolllddd. :D

I just wanted to tell you all about this staff regimen a bit.. Rico has hit upon the core of it in his OP; I'm just adding some texture to that for you.

You have done a lot for Guide to member communication by beginning this thread, and perhaps a new tradition, Rico. Thank you! :)

This thread also gives me an opportunity to tell Android Forum members a few things about the Staff.

Once I've noticed and approached a member for promotion to Guide, that member turns a nice shade of green, and things change a bit for her or him. ;) Members see Guides out there, active in the forums, but they don't see what is going on in the background.

I just wanted to tell you all about this staff regimen a bit.. Rico has hit upon the core of it in his OP; I'm just adding some texture to that for you.

You forgot all the fun and entertaining posts that make Forum Games look like a spec sheet. :D Most of it is Frisco's mad ramblings, but there are good things in there too. :p

There are so many thanks in this thread. Probably due to its awesomeness. :) Huge thanks to Rico for thinking of the idea, and a huge thanks to all of the guides, mods, and Phases for the countless hours spent on a daily basis keeping this forum together. AF is the best forum on the internet, i'm always happy, when I find someone new to recommend joining these forums.

I need to clarify about that quote from the Guide Read Me. That sticky is 100% Phases, and it's the standard for Guides (obviously :)). The small portion I quoted is just the preamble, the Read Me is several paragraphs of instruction and embellishment on Guide task *meaning.* It's the "why we do this" stuff.

There ^ is the reason for 99.9% of what's good about AF. That clarity of purpose. That vision. ;)

Back
Top Bottom