• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

speculation, rumors, leaks about EVO release

Was at a presentation this morning where Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) was the keynote speaker. Question was asked concerning the release date. Responded, approximately, "well we've publicly announced summer, but we'll just have to see..." Way he said it and smiled made it seem like early Summer - if not earlier. Also, he pulled out his own EVO during the presentation. If the CEO is using the EVO as his main phone, it can't be too long off. Finally, he announced 4G was coming to Kansas City this Summer.

Wow, what kind of presentation was this? I had no clue about any....and why must they always tease by being vague and smiling? :p Hopefully someone took of video of that lol.

Upvote 0
I am fueled by rumors and speculation.... there's nothing quite like getting another rumor to get excited about every day.

Same here, and every time I hear a rumor about the evo, I get so stressed out, that I wouldn't be able to sleep, and just drink those little energy drinks to keep me fueled through work.

Oh man! I need to do something about this obsession. :D

Upvote 0
Same here, and every time I hear a rumor about the evo, I get so stressed out, that I wouldn't be able to sleep, and just drink those little energy drinks to keep me fueled through work.

Oh man! I need to do something about this obsession. :D

My friends think i'm crazy. I just switched to Sprint in January from a local service provider. They think i'm nuts because i'm going to get the Evo when it comes out. They're all pretty anal about adhering to the 2 year upgrade policy. F-That - I'm going to let the rumors drive me to buy the device when it comes out.

Upvote 0
Welcome Oridus! Your kind passion for the device is what drives these threads. We all feel the same way and continue to count down as each day passes by. June 4-6 can't come soon enough. You're gonna be seeing your device on the news, on billboards, on ads, on commercials, gadget review shows, magazine covers....get ready

It's going to be an awesome feeling when I have my iPhone buddies gawking over my Evo. This is the highest anticipated device i've ever got ready to purchase.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow, what kind of presentation was this? I had no clue about any....and why must they always tease by being vague and smiling? :p Hopefully someone took of video of that lol.

Kansas City's Chamber of Commerce 2010 Mid-Year Economic Update. If there is a video on their website, it would require membership to view. He talked about Sprint's current position and strategy going forward. I found his comments about Sprint positioning 4G service to compete with traditional hardline ISPs interesting.

Upvote 0
Myself like most of us am waiting impatiently for the EVo, but can you imagine the Evo running WebOs? I love Android, but I have always said that WebOs is a great Mobile Os, the problem is that the Pre/Pixi sucks hardware wise. Sorry I know its a little off topic but I just read this article and thought it was interesting. Check it out.

HTC buy Palm - HTC buying Palm = Awesome

Upvote 0
Myself like most of us am waiting impatiently for the EVo, but can you imagine the Evo running WebOs? I love Android, but I have always said that WebOs is a great Mobile Os, the problem is that the Pre/Pixi sucks hardware wise. Sorry I know its a little off topic but I just read this article and thought it was interesting. Check it out.

Since this isn't the official thread, I suppose we can go off topic a little bit. I'd be just as excited to buy the Evo running webOS or Android. If it came with either one I'd have trouble choosing which one to go with all else being equal. I think I speak for many smartphone enthusiasts when I say that. If only Android had some heavy influences from webOS in all the right areas.

Upvote 0

I'm a 5 year Palm user, I had the Palm 600 then the 650. Been using the Palm 650 ever since. I love their hardware, very sturdy, Battery lasts forever, and I hope cellphones today can last as long as my Palms. As for the OS, I was actually thinking that it was time for me to go to Android... LOL

Upvote 0
^^
I'm looking for the same. They specifically mention "mobile HDTV experience in your hands" on the promo site. I even see some articles from 2006 about MobiTV streaming hi-def over wimax when doing a quick google.

I sometimes forget about SprintTV - but when I remember about it - I'm always tempted to pay for more channels. If they were in HD - and I could stream out of an HDMI port?

That would be sick.

I honestly don't see the hardware as "game changing" - I mean...it is just an HD2.1 - but if the network is up to par and they provide the type of applications and addons we're all imagining - the combination of Hardware/Software/Network could be a game changer.

Upvote 0
^^

I honestly don't see the hardware as "game changing" - I mean...it is just an HD2.1 - but if the network is up to par and they provide the type of applications and addons we're all imagining - the combination of Hardware/Software/Network could be a game changer.

You make a great point actually. There really isn't anything revolutionary about the hardware if you analyze each feature. The amazing thing is that it combines the best features from already existing technologies in other phones (yes even 4G - see Russia wimax phone) and puts it into one device. The thing that would make this phone live up to its hype is how it uses this combination of hardware ALONG with a great performing network and the software on board. The hardware itself (although being beefed up) won't mean much if the supporting network and software aren't supporting its awesomeness *cough cough* AT&T & iPhone partnership

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones